There was a coo

Think the tactic was to sit in more than usual with a changed team, then bring the subs on later and finish them off. 
Early Tranent goal kind of killed that plan and the team showed very little  the rest of the half.

2nd half was a little better but in all honesty Tranent were comfortable enough even before their 2nd goal. 
A reality check to anyone who thought a title challenge was possible, if there was anyone who thought that?

4 hours ago, 1GregStewart said:

Think the tactic was to sit in more than usual with a changed team, then bring the subs on later and finish them off. 
Early Tranent goal kind of killed that plan and the team showed very little  the rest of the half.

2nd half was a little better but in all honesty Tranent were comfortable enough even before their 2nd goal. 
A reality check to anyone who thought a title challenge was possible, if there was anyone who thought that?

Never heard anyone mention a title challenge.

Think post folk are happy to be at the right end of the table competing.

Don’t think many ( if indeed any of us ) were expecting to see a title challenging side this season. For me, I’d be happy to see us finish in the upper end of the table this time around. Teams like East Kilbride and Tranent were always going to be leading the way with the resources they can throw at it.

This season is about starting to build a good core squad to which we can hopefully add some new additions to next season. We have a really good promising young manager and I like the way he has the team trying to play football. One defeat at home against a very good team is hardly the end of the world, especially when we are carrying injuries to key players. 

We are starting to get people back through the gates after some truly awful years and that is a huge positive. The club is being more open and making real efforts to keep the fans involved and informed about what is being done. 
I was absolutely gutted when we dropped into the LL and I felt extremely disillusioned. I was probably ready to pack it in, especially when Mo Ross was in charge and I was also puzzled as to why we stuck with the previous manager for so long. That’s all water under the bridge now however. 

Speaking personally I will continue to make an effort to get to as many games as I can and I’ve joined the new fans group as well and would encourage others to do so as well. We lost the other night but it was good to see more people back on the terracing again. 

8 hours ago, Only coo in the village said:

Don’t think many ( if indeed any of us ) were expecting to see a title challenging side this season. For me, I’d be happy to see us finish in the upper end of the table this time around. Teams like East Kilbride and Tranent were always going to be leading the way with the resources they can throw at it.

This season is about starting to build a good core squad to which we can hopefully add some new additions to next season. We have a really good promising young manager and I like the way he has the team trying to play football. One defeat at home against a very good team is hardly the end of the world, especially when we are carrying injuries to key players. 

We are starting to get people back through the gates after some truly awful years and that is a huge positive. The club is being more open and making real efforts to keep the fans involved and informed about what is being done. 
I was absolutely gutted when we dropped into the LL and I felt extremely disillusioned. I was probably ready to pack it in, especially when Mo Ross was in charge and I was also puzzled as to why we stuck with the previous manager for so long. That’s all water under the bridge now however. 

Speaking personally I will continue to make an effort to get to as many games as I can and I’ve joined the new fans group as well and would encourage others to do so as well. We lost the other night but it was good to see more people back on the terracing again. 

Class only coo. Great post.

20 minutes ago, NELLY 1 said:

Class only coo. Great post.

Totally agree. Frustrated about a loss is a big step forward and shows how far we have come this season. I still believe if we had a fully fit squad, we would be sitting much higher up the league. 

The continued attendance of supporters is providing an excellent backing and also resulting in some additional revenue that can help develop squad further next season.

Just a reminder about the meeting upstairs in the lounge on Saturday after the game. An opportunity for a CISS update for members and hopefully interested parties. We are still requiring a bigger uptake so if looking to see what it is all about, please head up.

Calum will also be in attendance for meet the manager session. 

Edited by silkybeath

With the way this year has gone so far, I'm really looking forward to my first game season at Gretna next month. Train's booked and it's a match that will mark five years of me following Cowden from afar. Hoping to see a decent away support down for it and celebrate what will hopefully be my first Cowden win since, jeez, before Covid! Before then, keep on keeping on and up that table...

𝐇𝐎𝐍𝐎𝐑𝐀𝐑𝐘 𝐏𝐑𝐄𝐒𝐈𝐃𝐄𝐍𝐓

We are delighted to announce that Cowdenbeath F.C. legend Neil Irvine has accepted the position of Honorary President of the Cowdenbeath Independent Supporters Society.

Neil will be at the Members Update Meeting in the Andy Matthew Lounge following Saturday's game with Gala Fairydean Rovers.

As previously mentioned, we'd like to invite all CISS members and all perspective members to the Andy Matthew Lounge where we will also be joined by manager Calum Elliot for a Meet The Manager session.

The meeting begins at 5pm and we will welcome all contributing members of CISS with a complimentary beer/soft drink from the bar.