There was a coo

4 hours ago, The Minertaur said:

Yeah in my opinion.  One based on reason and brains as opposed to stupid conspiracy theory pish. Cowdenbeath were not expecting to be in the League Cup.  In my opinion only a complete idiot would think otherwise.

You are forgetting (or maybe not) that I am indeed a complete idiot. 😃👍🏻

4 hours ago, Blue Brazil Forever said:

Welshbairn said that the placement of Clachnacuddin if relegated from the Highland League (a distinct possibility) was dependent on choice but decisions were kept confidential. I don't think you need to be told and you certainly have no standing to answer for us.

Just for the record, I remain totally opposed to the admission of B teams to the Lowland League and to the separate special conditions which apply. Can I ask you a question:  in which tier of the pyramid  are  the Highland League teams ?

Ehhh Tier 5??

16 minutes ago, Cowdenleith said:

Have you posted anything on Bonnyrigg Rose’s thread, your supposed team, or as your username would suggest you are completely obsessed only with B teams only?

I think I have already stated that I was only on here to campaign against B teams, my team is irrelevant for this purpose 👍🏻

10 minutes ago, To B or not B said:

Ffs, not sure where this going, but I’ll play nicely, also tier 5.

So 36 teams in two leagues. Champions of each get promoted.  The two bottom teams of each get relegated to tier 6. I don't think so unless you know different. As it stands at present, the Pyramid system is a tinpot system and we await the results of the promised  SPFL/SFA review. The Lowland League should be renamed the Sugar Daddy League since the only way out at present is to pay over the odds. Given that the system is so fractured, why not have B teams to provide some measurement of capability to challenge for promotion.

48 minutes ago, Blue Brazil Forever said:

Given that the system is so fractured, why not have B teams to provide some measurement of capability to challenge for promotion.

In what sense do they do this though? They aren’t some sort of barometer for success in this division. There are numerous reasons not to have them in the lowland league, the above is not a counter argument to any of them. 

I really hope we voted against it, however it looks extremely unlikely. Will wait for our statement before passing comment. 

9 hours ago, Cowden Cowboy said:

Ah well he now just seems to be the Farage of the Bexiteers.  Seems to think he can answer for me.  The simple fact is that the club will of course advise its supporters how it voted and its reasons.  We are always transparent with our fans.  

Looking forward to this….losing your clubs dignity for the sake of 4k

The Albion Rovers Supporters' Trust are delighted to offer a free selection box to fans (of both clubs) under the age of 14 attending our Lowland League game against Cowdenbeath. These can be collected from the shop before the game on Saturday. Supplies limited. 1 per fan on a 1st come 1st serve basis to any fan U14.

For the parents and any fans over 18 please note there is a pay bar for home and away fans  in the lounge at Cliftonhill for this match, open from 12.30pm which is being run in conjunction with the supporters trust and the club.

Selection of canned beers and lagers £2.50
Wines by 125ml glass £2.50
Selection of 25ml spirits £2.50

Admission Adults £11, Concessions (OAPs, Students, People not in work, 14-17 year old) £6, Under 14 £3, Carers free
Pay at the gate cash or card

Edited by roy of the rovers

1 minute ago, roy of the rovers said:

The Albion Rovers Supporters' Trust are delighted to offer a free selection box to fans (of both clubs) under the age of 14 attending our Lowland League game against Cowdenbeath. The can be collected from the shop before the game on Saturday. Supplies limited. 1 per fan on a 1st come 1st serve basis to any fan U14.

For the parents and any fans over 18 please note there is a pay bar for home and away fans  in the lounge at Cliftonhill for this match, open from 12.30pm which is being run in conjunction with the supporters trust and the club.

Selection of canned beers and lagers £2.50
Wines by 125ml glass £2.50
Selection of 25ml spirits £2.50

Admission Adults £11, Concessions (OAPs, Students, People not in work, 14-17 year old) £6, Under 14 £3, Carers free
Pay at the gate cash or card

Cowden young fans still chomping thru Fridays free selection boxes and now this. 😂

11 hours ago, Cowden Cowboy said:

.  The simple fact is that the club will of course advise its supporters how it voted and its reasons.  We are always transparent with our fans.  

But not in public? I don’t think you know what transparent means,  just add it to the list along with integrity.

3 hours ago, Blue Brazil Forever said:

So 36 teams in two leagues. Champions of each get promoted.  The two bottom teams of each get relegated to tier 6. I don't think so unless you know different. As it stands at present, the Pyramid system is a tinpot system and we await the results of the promised  SPFL/SFA review. The Lowland League should be renamed the Sugar Daddy League since the only way out at present is to pay over the odds. Given that the system is so fractured, why not have B teams to provide some measurement of capability to challenge for promotion.

I respect the fact that you are defending your club, but given that you voted against this before I would love to know what has changed for you. 

20 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

But not in public? I don’t think you know what transparent means,  just add it to the list along with integrity.

How will letting the club’s supporters know first (if that is the intention) not make it public?

Have we got to swear some everlasting oath of secrecy or something?

20 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

A Pars supporter talking about integrity and transparency. Now that is fucking hilarious. How many pennies in the pound did your disingenuous club give the local businesses they ripped off after you went bust? Do one you plum.