There was a coo

On undoubtedly a strange day for fans of Lowland League teams, great to get some positive news from the CISS with the first tranche of money handed over to the club. Well done everyone.

19 hours ago, Cowdenleith said:

On undoubtedly a strange day for fans of Lowland League teams, great to get some positive news from the CISS with the first tranche of money handed over to the club. Well done everyone.

What happens with that money? Does it just go straight into running costs for the upcoming season? i.e. wages etc. 

41 minutes ago, 1GregStewart said:

What happens with that money? Does it just go straight into running costs for the upcoming season? i.e. wages etc. 

The money goes towards player budget.

21 hours ago, Cowdenleith said:

Great news and a beginning to what will hopefully lead to a transition to a CISS majority shareholding.

Needs more fans and financial support to get there but a decent start.

Going by the Lowland League General Discussion thread it seems like us Cowden fans need to be leading a major protest against the club for daring to accept an invitation into the Challenge Cup.  Does anybody have any placards? Or do we start a petition?

👀

2 hours ago, The Minertaur said:

Going by the Lowland League General Discussion thread it seems like us Cowden fans need to be leading a major protest against the club for daring to accept an invitation into the Challenge Cup.  Does anybody have any placards? Or do we start a petition?

👀

I have already intimidated that I will be undergoing a nightly hunger strike in protest over the club’s acceptance of our unwarranted invitation to take part in this competition. It will take place between the hours of midnight and 7am every night over the next 4 days. I am usually asleep during these times but I might wake up at 6.30 and really fancy scrambled egg on toast. That is however a risk that I am prepared to take. 

VIVE LA REVOLUTION!! 

3 hours ago, The Minertaur said:

👀

Ha ha, I’m keeping well out of that thread going forward, it’s like Groundhog Day every 6 months or so. 

I bet you guys are gutted we stayed up. You have to put up with being everybody's Lowland League scapegoat for another year.

11 minutes ago, MrFizz said:

I bet you guys are gutted we stayed up. You have to put up with being everybody's Lowland League scapegoat for another year.

Aye mate, enjoy the peace and quiet while you can. Angry place the LL. I hope you stay up though.

1 hour ago, MrFizz said:

Was glad to see Stranraer stay up even if it means East Kilbride strolling the LL again. Hopefully we can at least get a good, competitive team on the park. 

You certainly aren’t missing anything in the Lowland League forum. It’s full of axe grinding, obsessive little angry people, but that’s enough about me ;) 

28 minutes ago, Only coo in the village said:

Was glad to see Stranraer stay up even if it means East Kilbride strolling the LL again. Hopefully we can at least get a good, competitive team on the park. 

You certainly aren’t missing anything in the Lowland League forum. It’s full of axe grinding, obsessive little angry people, but that’s enough about me ;) 

Oh i'll be keeping an eye on proceedings. We'll probably end up here eventually.

3 minutes ago, MrFizz said:

Oh i'll be keeping an eye on proceedings. We'll probably end up here eventually.

Just about all the actual fans of Lowland League clubs on here are a decent lot. EG, despite the negative impression many get of East Kilbride and Mick’s antics their fans on here are a sound bunch.

6 hours ago, The Minertaur said:

👀

I would have a roof top protest but its pissing with rain along with thunder and lightening so maybe not today.

Andy Rodden transferred to LL new boys Broxburn Athletic. Hope he can kick on, liked him as a player but did let himself and the team down on more than one occasion discipline wise. 

Looking forward to some more players incoming soon.

9 minutes ago, CowdenLoyal said:

I liked Rodden as well. Really decent player for this level but a bit of a screwball at times. 

If he gets his discipline in check Broxburn have an asset.

He is t capable of getting his discipline in order, will always be a walking suspension.