There was a coo

19 minutes ago, Cowdenleith said:

I hadn’t seen that, quite sad really that he can’t get a chance a tier higher.

Seemed to be really friendly guy, so he’ll get a good chance to get to know the 12 Braves fans quite well that aren’t related or with the players.

I guess they are spending some of the money that the ‘owners’ have chipped in from around the world.

You sound upset, you needing a wee lie down? 🤣

5 minutes ago, wullieboy78 said:

A club with more ambition than your own it seems eh?

How would you measure that? 

Solely on the basis that they can throw a bit of money due to attracting dafties on the internet that think they’re going to challenge at the top of the Scottish game any time soon?

It’s pretty clever to be fair, but will only have a finite shelf life.

2 minutes ago, Cowdenleith said:

Solely on the basis that they can throw a bit of money due to attracting dafties on the internet that think they’re going to challenge at the top of the Scottish game any time soon?

You seriously think the Braves were offering Butterworth more than yous were offering for him to stay?

The lad just has a bit of ambition and wants to play for a side that plays good passing football instead of hoofball 👍🏼

4 minutes ago, wullieboy78 said:

You seriously think the Braves were offering Butterworth more than yous were offering for him to stay?

The lad just has a bit of ambition and wants to play for a side that plays good passing football instead of hoofball 👍🏼

They did. Also they offered  more for another lad they r signing we were interested in also is what it is. Good luck to the lad. Great kid and good player. Would have liked him to go up the leagues and there was interest that's for sure.

6 minutes ago, NELLY 1 said:

They did. Also they offered  more for another lad they r signing we were interested in also is what it is. Good luck to the lad. Great kid and good player. Would have liked him to go up the leagues and there was interest that's for sure.

Ach I’m just messing and having a bit of fun, delighted to see him back at the Braves.

Think the Bentley we got him for next season sweetened the deal 😉

36 minutes ago, wullieboy78 said:

It was good to see your daft claim quickly debunked by someone in the know. 😂

22 hours ago, wullieboy78 said:

Of course they will have offered him more money, he's good enough to play in the SPFL and I imagine a few clubs will have made him offers.

22 hours ago, wullieboy78 said:

Ach I’m just messing and having a bit of fun, delighted to see him back at the Braves.

Think the Bentley we got him for next season sweetened the deal 😉

oh my god a Braves fan in the wild, are you a yank anorak or one of the 5 that actually show up?

23 hours ago, Cowdenleith said:

Maybe more sensible than trying to attract the few dafties in Fife who are unaware of the last century's history? Nothing to stop Cowden following their example.

I say that (I hope constructively) as someone who has always had a soft spot for Cowdenbeath. I had family in Lumphinnans, and visited CP occasionally in the early 70s.

18 minutes ago, Stag Nation said:

Maybe more sensible than trying to attract the few dafties in Fife who are unaware of the last century's history? Nothing to stop Cowden following their example.

I say that (I hope constructively) as someone who has always had a soft spot for Cowdenbeath. I had family in Lumphinnans, and visited CP occasionally in the early 70s.

Its an unusual business plan but it certainly worked for them!

2 hours ago, Stag Nation said:

I did say in the same post that I thought it was clever, a bit akin to fooling people in to buying a small plot of land in a Highland Estate and calling yourself a Lord.

It may work for a while, it won’t long term. And I expect the owner guy is the one who will do best out of it…

13 hours ago, Cowdenleith said:

I did say in the same post that I thought it was clever, a bit akin to fooling people in to buying a small plot of land in a Highland Estate and calling yourself a Lord.

It may work for a while, it won’t long term. And I expect the owner guy is the one who will do best out of it…

Tranent have also lost Lennon Walker to Caley Braves, we did however receive a substantial fee for him moving.

Don't let them kid themselves that they aren't paying big wages to attract these young lads like Butterworth and Walker.

7 hours ago, beachboy said:

Tranent have also lost Lennon Walker to Caley Braves, we did however receive a substantial fee for him moving.

Don't let them kid themselves that they aren't paying big wages to attract these young lads like Butterworth and Walker.

If I had $800k floating about i'd be splashing it on players. Still don't see the end game though their never going to attract much fans at that location.