There was a coo

58 minutes ago, Cowdenleith said:

So a young goalie signed on loan from Dundee, if he’s as good as Craig Hepburn was for us will be happy with that.

Anyone hazard a guess if Josh will be in goals tomorrow or the new lad?

Been alternated so far but i'll guess on Josh.

Quite looking forward to the game today. With the disappointment of Germany and being there to see it, at least with the season ticket, it'll be a far less expensive means of disappointment should the worst happen.

Going to be a tough game and would take a draw right now. 

1-1 at half time. We started really slowly and no surprise to go behind, warning signs had been there.

About 10 minutes after their goal though we started to play a bit, kept the ball better and got a lovely equaliser from Aiden McLaughlin after a great move.

Mostly Cowden after that and could easily have taken the lead before the half.

Credit to the team after having to make a change before the match even started and then another one midway through the half. Thought Darryl has done really well since he came on, holding the ball up well and giving their defenders a difficult time.

Not been to a game in ages so thought I’d give it a go today

thought a draw was a fair result neither team looked good enough to win. 

thought Cowden looked a bit better than last time I seen them but obviously a bit bare bones today. 

12 looks like he still needs a pre season but took up a few decent positions, thought the midfield 3 put a good shift in and the wee number 10 probably the most dangerous of the forward players. 

no idea when I’ll be back next but was definitely more enjoyable than previous seasons, just need to rip those flags down going round the fence. 

Deserved result but a frustrating way to drop two points is an understatement. Thought Cowdenbeath moved the ball about in the middle of the park far better than us. Neither team looked anywhere near sharp in the final third.

Edited by Omnishambles

Reasonably happy with a point. Tranent started better and deserved to take the lead. The last 20 of the first half we were better and scored a good goal to equalise. I thought we could go on to win the game. However Tranent scored with an excellent strike and when we went down to 10 I felt it was over. Chuffed to get the equaliser for a second time. We move on. 

Yeah, agree with the above posts, thought a draw was a fair result over the piece, Tranent are a quality side with strength in depth.

We did play some really nice stuff at times, just hope we can field a team on Tuesday night.

Like to see the sending off again, thought it was a bit harsh in real time, but obviously a cynical foul, then again i wasn’t sure about our penalty either, though there didn’t seem to be massive protests from the Tranent players which is often a sign.

Chuffed with a point especially with the way the game was going. Pablo was strolling it up until the sending off, absolute lunacy going in for that sort of challenge especially from an experienced pro.

Credit to the side for not letting their heads go down, I thought the effort levels were outstanding throughout the whole game, and some of our play was a joy at times.

I actually thought Tranent looked slightly stronger than us overall though. A good hard fought match and don't think either side can be too disheartened at a point.

Got all my fingers and toes crossed that Sutherland's injury isn't as bad as it looked though.

Anyone know if Paul McLean will miss the next game (Killie B on Tuesday) with it being a straight red? Would probably be the best case scenario and have him back for Saturday.  Thought he was excellent until that wee lapse.

Guess the boss will have to get the boots laced to take his place.

8 minutes ago, Cowdenleith said:

Anyone know if Paul McLean will miss the next game (Killie B on Tuesday) with it being a straight red? Would probably be the best case scenario and have him back for Saturday.  Thought he was excellent until that wee lapse.

Guess the boss will have to get the boots laced to take his place.

Misses next two league games as sending offs suspensions are now competition specific 

2 minutes ago, Cowden Cowboy said:

Misses next two league games as sending offs suspensions are now competition specific 

Bugger, didn’t realise it was 2 games. Seems disproportionate based on the tackle. 😩

What a start. A full blown injury crisis after just one game. Good to see the players following my advice about not picking up cards. On a perfect day for spectating only 281 is a bit worrying because Tranent brought a few with them. A pity because they missed an entertaining game. On the plus side all the new signings looked decent and a good effort by the players to rescue a point.