The Big Queen's Park FC Thread

10 hours ago, Arachnophile said:

I take your point. However, financial turmoil would see you plummet down the leagues. Anyway, I’m boring myself never mind you lot. Good luck for the season ahead. 

54 minutes ago, EaglesandSpiders said:

God this thing is hideous. 

And very distracting I should say. You just can't avoid seeing it. 

IMG_20230624_135923.jpg

It looks almost fit for purpose.  All it's missing is the scoreboard that notifies us of overs, wides and no balls.  Oh and the Pimms sponsorship.  

35 minutes ago, HoustonSpider99 said:

Really liked the look of that right back- found himself in some nice space with good ball control too. Blake or Blane he was being called by Dom. 

Blaine Rowe? Ex Coventry right back maybe. 

We had him on loan two seasons ago but he got injured almost straightaway. Was at Falkirk on loan last season and seemed to do okay.

3 hours ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

That looks ridiculous. Like something they'd build in the Soviet Union or Romania on the off chance Comrade Stalin or President Ceaușescu turned up at some open bowl in the middle of nowhere. 

Comrade Haughey?

4 hours ago, EaglesandSpiders said:

God this thing is hideous. 

And very distracting I should say. You just can't avoid seeing it. 

IMG_20230624_135923.jpg

I like to think I am a really patient & forgiving guy. It only took me a couple of days to get over the Scottish Cup debacle, likewise Simon Murray's sudden departure.

I've long since stopped getting annoyed at the nonsense Leanne Dempster comes out with.

....but every time I see that monstrosity and the lost opportunity to build a proper stadium.... I get proper raging!

Words fail me.

Overall an enjoyable day with the welcome news as well that Charlie Fox is staying.

Actually thought the East Stand itself was not as bad as feared in terms of the space and view. For an open training session Lesser Hampden was ideal, for competitive football……. not so much (see above comments re the “royal box”).

Beuker and Veldman both spoke very well afterwards and were happy to speak with supporters which was good. Still think the social club layout could be better and definitely need some QP memorabilia on show.

8 minutes ago, Spider Rico said:

Overall an enjoyable day with the welcome news as well that Charlie Fox is staying.

Actually thought the East Stand itself was not as bad as feared in terms of the space and view. For an open training session Lesser Hampden was ideal, for competitive football……. not so much (see above comments re the “royal box”).

Beuker and Veldman both spoke very well afterwards and were happy to speak with supporters which was good. Still think the social club layout could be better and definitely need some QP memorabilia on show.

How many supporters would you say were in? Roughly.

Any word on another "test" event? 

I believe there needs to be two. 

3 minutes ago, GloriousHoops said:

How many supporters would you say were in? Roughly.

Any word on another "test" event? 

I believe there needs to be two. 

Anyone more in the know can correct me but I’d estimate there was maybe 300-400 folk in the stand. It wasn’t full by any manner of means but from a supporters perspective it looked fairly smooth. 

£6.70 for a re-heated Macaroni Pie and draft Pepsi is an absolute crime though. 

2 minutes ago, HoustonSpider99 said:

Anyone more in the know can correct me but I’d estimate there was maybe 300-400 folk in the stand. It wasn’t full by any manner of means but from a supporters perspective it looked fairly smooth. 

500ish I think

Big Hampden prices for the food and drink 

8 minutes ago, HoustonSpider99 said:

Haven't tried the pie but the price list is criminal. Gonna miss the wee pie hut at Ochilview 

IMG_20230624_142610.jpg

36 minutes ago, Spider Rico said:

Actually thought the East Stand itself was not as bad as feared in terms of the space and view. 

It's not nearly enough. The mid section (comfy black seats) is normally reserved for press & scouts so those seats won't be sold. That leaves only around 600 seats for home and away fans. 

I was talking to a few fellow fans and everyone seems to agree that we need to find a way to make a more permanent deal with the SFA for Hampden. The Lesser is an excellent base & training ground with state of the art facilities and an amazing pitch but it is not a stadium and I don't believe it will ever be. 

2 minutes ago, EaglesandSpiders said:

It's not nearly enough. The mid section (comfy black seats) is normally reserved for press & scouts so those seats won't be sold. That leaves only around 600 seats for home and away fans. 

I was talking to a few fellow fans and everyone seems to agree that we need to find a way to make a more permanent deal with the SFA for Hampden. The Lesser is an excellent base & training ground with state of the art facilities and an amazing pitch but it is not a stadium and I don't believe it will ever be. 

I agree, that’s why I said it was perfect for an open training session but not for competitive football.

19 minutes ago, EaglesandSpiders said:

Haven't tried the pie but the price list is criminal. Gonna miss the wee pie hut at Ochilview 

IMG_20230624_142610.jpg

That's mental. I know big Hampden had the issues with having the same catering and prices for Queens games as Scotland games and Cup Finals which was bad enough but at your own ground? The Hampden chippy will be happy I suppose.