The Big Queen's Park FC Thread

2 hours ago, EaglesandSpiders said:

Does anybody know what we are paying Veldman? 

Doubt anyone will know but it’s inevitable when we win a couple of games on the trot this season, some posters from other clubs will come out with an outrageous figure which will be taken as gospel 

Some wild numbers thrown about regarding Coyle’s wages once we started rising up the table last season.

Edited by qpfc

2 minutes ago, qpfc said:

Doubt anyone will know but it’s inevitable when we win a game couple of games on trot this season, some posters from other clubs will come out with an outrageous figure which will be taken as gospel 

Some wild numbers thrown about regarding Coyle’s wages once we started rising up the table last season.

Never ceases to amaze me how supporters of other clubs always seem to know more about our finances than us. 

10 minutes ago, qpfc said:

Doubt anyone will know but it’s inevitable when we win a game couple of games on trot this season, some posters from other clubs will come out with an outrageous figure which will be taken as gospel 

That's exactly why I'm asking. I don't like the idea of non-public contracts. In the absence of transparency and full disclosure, speculation and conspiracy thrive. 

30 minutes ago, EaglesandSpiders said:

That's exactly why I'm asking. I don't like the idea of non-public contracts. In the absence of transparency and full disclosure, speculation and conspiracy thrive. 

As an employee of the club he’s entitled to privacy and data protection like the rest of us. Even if he’s self-employed, or even a contractor, it’s a private arrangement and rightly so.

Besides, what kind of mess would PnB be if it was limited to facts and credible information. About 98% of users would unplug.

1 hour ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

As an employee of the club he’s entitled to privacy and data protection like the rest of us. Even if he’s self-employed, or even a contractor, it’s a private arrangement and rightly so.

Besides, what kind of mess would PnB be if it was limited to facts and credible information. About 98% of users would unplug.

As soon as I posted it, I thought about the same thing (GDPR). I guess it's because QP is not a PLC with shares in the stock market. Back in Turkey, all clubs that are PLCs, -and most of them are-must report contract details of all employees to a Board called the Public Disclosure Platform open to the public so I'm not used to this kind of secrecy or privacy. 

7 minutes ago, EaglesandSpiders said:

As soon as I posted it, I thought about the same thing (GDPR). I guess it's because QP is not a PLC with shares in the stock market. Back in Turkey, all clubs that are PLCs, -and most of them are-must report contract details of all employees to a Board called the Public Disclosure Platform open to the public so I'm not used to this kind of secrecy or privacy. 

This is what I'm talking about for example: https://bjk.com.tr/tr/mobil/haber?news_id=85406

Translation:

Welcome Home Vincent Aboubakar

Beşiktaş Futbol A.Ş. reported to PDP that the transfer process of professional football player Vincent Aboubakar has been completed.

The statement sent from Beşiktaş Football Investments Industry and Trade Inc. to the Public Disclosure Platform is as follows:

“For the transfer of Professional Football Player Vincent Pate Aboubakar, a contract has been signed with the Player for two and a half years plus one year option, effective from 21 January 2023, until the end of the 2024-2025 season. The player will be paid a net 1.140.000 Euro signature fee and a net 1.555.000 Euro for the 2022-2023 season, in addition to the net guarantee fee of 3.110.000 Euro per season for the remaining seasons, a maximum net per game fee of 12.000 Euro per match depending on the duration and competition type. ”

Good luck Queens, unless you go on a signing spree surely mid-table to play-offs at best is where you’re at next season? Seem to have lost a few important players. And your team that finished the season would have been fortunate to have got into the playoffs had it been the one that started it. Exciting appointment though. 

12 hours ago, Dti said:

Who cares?

Exactly. Which clubs publish what their employees earn? It's nobody else's business.  We're in the fortunate position of having someone supporting us financially (a position other clubs are in, but conveniently ignored by their fans when they gave a go at us) which allows us to bring in an excellent standard of professional. I'm quite happy to leave it at that.

Edited by Hampden Diehard

4 hours ago, Hampden Diehard said:

We're in the fortunate position of having someone supporting us financially (a position other clubs are in, but conveniently ignored by their fans when they gave a go at us) which allows us to bring in an excellent standard of professional. I'm quite happy to leave it at that.

I don't think you want to go down that road unless you'd really like the team you support to be bought by a Saudi billionaire some day because that's exactly where it leads to. 

Here is an excellent article on why financial transparency matters in football and how Scottish clubs are particularly bad at it:

https://www.theoffshoregame.net/financial-transparency-fans-despite-football-authorities/

I especially urge you to read the section on "persons of significant control" (PSCs) and then check:

https://find-and-update.company-information.service.gov.uk/company/SC005382/officers

Do you see the name of that "someone" supporting QP financially listed as a PSC? No, you don't. This is how clubs go bust after enjoying an unsustainable growth spurt under the wings of a "guardian angel". This is how they alienate the fans. The more secretive clubs are the more corrupt the game.

In the case of "Which clubs publish what their employees earn? It's nobody else's business", all MLS clubs do by law... just an example. It's what best for everyone including the players, their agents, and of course the fans. 

1 hour ago, EaglesandSpiders said:

I don't think you want to go down that road unless you'd really like the team you support to be bought by a Saudi billionaire some day because that's exactly where it leads to. 

Here is an excellent article on why financial transparency matters in football and how Scottish clubs are particularly bad at it:

https://www.theoffshoregame.net/financial-transparency-fans-despite-football-authorities/

I especially urge you to read the section on "persons of significant control" (PSCs) and then check:

https://find-and-update.company-information.service.gov.uk/company/SC005382/officers

Do you see the name of that "someone" supporting QP financially listed as a PSC? No, you don't. This is how clubs go bust after enjoying an unsustainable growth spurt under the wings of a "guardian angel". This is how they alienate the fans. The more secretive clubs are the more corrupt the game.

In the case of "Which clubs publish what their employees earn? It's nobody else's business", all MLS clubs do by law... just an example. It's what best for everyone including the players, their agents, and of course the fans. 

I'm sure it would be a good thing if there was greater financial transparency in Scottish football.

I am equally sure it's never going to happen.

Nothing announced for pre-season yet. Used to really enjoy it as a kid. Remember having Bolton come up in the mid 90s with a great support the old main stand, a decent Norwich City team and, of course, a game against Everton where a young Wayne Rooney ran the show. 

Also remember Davie Bowman playing and roaring his way through a game at Lesser with a young Dundee United side and my mate throwing a Calippo at the Petershill keeper, whilst messing about behind the goals in the pre-portakabin days. 

Combination of bigger clubs heading off to sunnier shores for pre-season and us playing more closed door games to avoid trialists being made better offers means we’ve had less standout fixtures in recent years. Yes, it’s the “remember pre-season friendlies!” stage of pre-season. 

Edited by an86

6 hours ago, EaglesandSpiders said:

I do. I'm sorry if that wasn't clear.

Thanks for that. You weren't.

What you're looking for will never happen and I don't think we should be looking at the MLS for the way to go. Our franchise could be sold to Kirriemuir or Stornoway.  I'd rather have what we have with little chance of us being moved to the other end of the country (or Stenhousemuir).

The rules on who can and can't buy a club have been shown to be meaningless and worthless, I am very sad to say. Queen's, though, have a bit more  protection than others via the membership system. 

12 minutes ago, Arachnophile said:

doesn't appear to have played much football.

Yeah, I assumed the info was just incomplete. Crawley website says he had been a regular in the Brighton U23 since 2019 when announcing the loan to them. 

"The promising midfielder has progressed through the Albion academy, making his senior debut in the Carabao Cup against Aston Villa in September 2019. Spong is a regular in the Albion under-23s squad since he made his debut for the team in February 2019." 

Clearly doesnt mean he actually got to play. 

Edited by mcjameos

34 minutes ago, Velvet Donkey said:

That's what I thought too, but he has played more league football than Mal Boateng did before he arrived.

32 minutes ago, mcjameos said:

Yeah, I assumed the info was just incomplete. Crawley website says he had been a regular in the Brighton U23 since 2019 when announcing the loan to them. 

"The promising midfielder has progressed through the Albion academy, making his senior debut in the Carabao Cup against Aston Villa in September 2019. Spong is a regular in the Albion under-23s squad since he made his debut for the team in February 2019." 

Clearly doesnt mean he actually got to play. 

In fairness, if he had played any significant amount of football for Brighton, he would not be signing for a Scottish Championship team. Happy to give him a chance.