The Big Queen's Park FC Thread

31 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

Well no, there is plenty to stop Edinburgh negotiating with the SRU or anyone else. Firstly you need to have a registered ground, secondly you have to have first dibs on the venue. 

Secondly, the "suck it up for a year" statement is something you should be doing, not actually doing. Celtic moved to Hampden for a full season - fine. They then moved into a half built Celtic Park - fine. They then added a temporary stand at one end - fine. Plenty of clubs have had to make do with reduced capacities during building works. What makes QP a special case? 

Thirdly, the bit about building work not being able to continue with fan at games - again, it's been shown that this is possible in multiple cases. Queens could have fans coming in the North end while the South end is being worked on for example. And this is something that only needs to happen every couple of weeks. Queens Park could have a run of away games plus a free weekend for a cup and potentially be away from Lesser for a month or so to let a big run of work to be done. Incompetence is no defence I'm afraid. 

Each stadium/building site is different. It's likley not up to the club whether can attand games while work is carried out. That would be decided i assume by the HSE and/or whoever does the saftey certificates etc. We also dont know the duration of the works, so it may not be as simple  as a run of away games and do it over a cup weekend. If it takes months then we can't play away the whole time as that would mess up the fixture list for everyone, and it's unlikley the SFA or SPFL would allow that. Just because plenty other clubs have done it doesn't mean if would work in this case.

I am in no way trying to defend the incompetence of the folk running QP. However, we are where we are now and nothing you or I think is right or wrong about it will change anything.

Personally, I'm delighted with the situation as I can see home games in the Southside again.

If you choose to be upset about it then that's entirely up to you.

Edited by Ben Reilly
Can't spell.

30 minutes ago, an86 said:

Reduction for season tickets and membership.

This is a disturbingly reasonable, well-considered move. The club needs to announce that they've accidentally sold Dom Thomas for one pound due to an admin error to restore balance to the universe.

44 minutes ago, AJ77 said:

Daily record (Scott Burns) reporting that Queens park new manager could be Dutch man Robin Veldman.

I mean, I’m not going to say no to Anderlecht’s assistant. On paper at least, that sounds incredibly exciting 

7 minutes ago, ScottishLoon said:

We've just signed Stuart Morrison what was he like for you guys? 

Got a full-time deal with us off the back of League Two performances under McKinnon. Unless there’s been injuries or something, I’d expect him to be a very good signing for you.

2 minutes ago, an86 said:

Got a full-time deal with us off the back of League Two performances under McKinnon. Unless there’s been injuries or something, I’d expect him to be a very good signing for you.

He missed almost the whole season with qots due to injury 😬 partly why I'm here asking 

15 minutes ago, ScottishLoon said:

We've just signed Stuart Morrison what was he like for you guys? 

Always liked him but injuries killed him here and looking from the outside, killed his chances at QOTS. Maybe like Craig Slater, part time football will suit his body more. More than capable of being very decent at league 2 level

Just now, qpfc said:

Always liked him but injuries killed him here and looking from the outside, killed his chances at QOTS. Maybe like Craig Slater, part time football will suit his body more. More than capable of being very decent at league 2 level

Here's hoping.

Fair play to the club for the prize freeze and reductions available on ST. Plus the move on young spiders. Opportunity to truly grow the fan base now. 

The main thing I’m pleased about though, is a return to Saturday 3pm football. Jeez how we’ve probably all missed that. 

33 minutes ago, TheHitman said:

The main thing I’m pleased about though, is a return to Saturday 3pm football. Jeez how we’ve probably all missed that. 

Wait until we start winning games again and the BBC will have us on the Friday night 7:45KO slot. 

Am surprised how much I enjoyed the Friday night football.

13 minutes ago, CathcartSkins said:

Wait until we start winning games again and the BBC will have us on the Friday night 7:45KO slot. 

Am surprised how much I enjoyed the Friday night football.

I don’t mind the odd game switched for TV, but last year just had a bigger impact, as took a lot to make those non televised Friday games, with other commitments. 

That's a very decent price for adult renewals. 

Under thirteen quid a game if you go to all games. 

I'm assuming from the article that non-renewal adult STs will be £280 which is still a decent fifteen and a half ish quid a game, again if you go to all the fixtures. 

38 minutes ago, Charliechurch said:

I'd be amazed if you play any league games there at all as long as Haughey is bankrolling things.

Very important to play some games to reassure everyone the stadium is fit-for-purpose as a playing venue. Our new stadium partner, SFA, and brother football team, Scotland, deserves that assurance given the amount they will use it.

Glasgow South re-establishing itself as the centre of football excellence. 

Edited by Bring Your Own Socks