The Big Queen's Park FC Thread

9 hours ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

Eze wasn’t with Coyle in the year he won the league. He was there in Coyle’s first season. Second season Eze went to a div 2 club in Croatia and played only one game all season.

Makes you wonder how exactly then he ended up here.

8 minutes ago, Hampden Diehard said:

We've disturbed The Force around the smaller "big" teams.

The Permanent Manager topic demonstrates, assuming the expected announcement is made, how far apart the thinking of QP is at the moment from the rest of the SPFL. The Charity Shop list of alleged candidates that’s been put up is so far off the beat. Usual suspects and no evolution. We’ll (on PnB) be getting pelters this season probably as we transition but I'm sure we’ll cope.

We have an exciting future ahead. How many chairman/CEO types can honestly say that?

10 hours ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

Eze wasn’t with Coyle in the year he won the league. He was there in Coyle’s first season. Second season Eze went to a div 2 club in Croatia and played only one game all season.

No, but he was with Coyle the previous season  - Coyle joined Jamshedpur in August 2020 & Eze was signed in September 2020.

2 hours ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

Allegedly, Coyle convinced the committee/DoF that Eze would be a very good sell-on asset. Seriously!

On paper that would sound reasonable (Nigerian international, 8ft 4in and built like a brick sh!t-house) but after that Friday night away defeat to Cove even MB must have been questioning the money-ball theory!

My pal travelled from the other side of Glasgow today to Lesser, by public transport, to renew his season ticket.

At the official offices, he was told that the guy who deals with the season tickets was unavailable and in a meeting  !!!!!!!!!

So he waited for almost an hour, and guess what ???     ..

He had to leave empty handed without a season ticket !!!!!!!

This shambles that is now running our club into the ground, has become an advert for how not to run a football club.

Professional ????...........don't make me laugh.

11 hours ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

We have an exciting future ahead. How many chairman/CEO types can honestly say that?

4 minutes ago, QP's in my DNA said:

This shambles that is now running our club into the ground, has become an advert for how not to run a football club.

It's been some seven (7) hours down Lesser way.

22 minutes ago, QP's in my DNA said:

My pal travelled from the other side of Glasgow today to Lesser, by public transport, to renew his season ticket.

At the official offices, he was told that the guy who deals with the season tickets was unavailable and in a meeting  !!!!!!!!!

Genuine question - that would have a simple and sensible answer if it was in relation to any other club - but why not just renew the season ticket online… or even by phone?

19 minutes ago, Derry Alli said:

It's been some seven (7) hours down Lesser way.

Funnily enough it's pretty much what we come to expect; the playing side generally has been run very efficiently, maybe too much so, to the point the administrative side does seem a bit pedestrian in comparison.  

That said, I can only speak as I find, and although I've not been in past the office for a while now, the dealings I've had on the phone were with people who couldn't do enough for you.  Hoping @QP's in my DNA's experience is just unfortunate.

Just now, Tattie36 said:

Genuine question - that would have a simple and sensible answer if it was in relation to any other club - but why not just renew the season ticket online… or even by phone?

It’s not really the point. Some folk don’t do/can’t do online or over the phone payments and are more comfortable with face to face cash payments because it’s what they’ve done for most of their lives. If you offer a service, you should be able to deliver it. 

1 minute ago, an86 said:

It’s not really the point. Some folk don’t do/can’t do online or over the phone payments and are more comfortable with face to face cash payments because it’s what they’ve done for most of their lives. If you offer a service, you should be able to deliver it. 

And indeed I renewed 2 season tickets today face to face.

Just now, spiders4ever said:

And indeed I renewed 2 season tickets today face to face.

In fairness, any dealings I’ve had with the office over the past couple of years have always been positive. Always swift, friendly and efficient. Probably fair that I say that, as I’m quick to give the club pelters in other areas!

1 hour ago, QP's in my DNA said:

Sorry to hear this, but also a bit surprised. I've always found the folk in the office very helpful and easy to deal with.

I went in on Friday afternoon and there were 2 people dealing with the renewals (1 male & 1 female). There were a number of people in the queue in front of me, each with their own requests/queries, and every one was dealt with quickly with every effort made to meet people's requirements to sit beside friends, get an aisle seat etc.

Hopefully your friends experience was just an unfortunately timed one off, and he gets his ticket sorted soon.

On 12/06/2023 at 20:07, QP's in my DNA said:

Thanks for your concern. The matter was swiftly & 'professionally' resolved by QP office staff. Whatever gripes we have with  club hierarchy, isn't down to the office staff. Top marks to them!

3 hours ago, Arachnophile said:

So the Stadium of Slight will finally see the light of day.

https://queensparkfc.co.uk/june-24-date-in-the-diary-for-members-and-season-ticket-holders/

Definitely a 'haud me back' moment there. The dizzy heights of a "test training session". Hope the pies are good.