The Big Queen's Park FC Thread

ST bought. 

First ST I've bought for about six seasons.

I gave up and moved my ST monies to the Glasgow Warriors. 

At that time the quality of entertainment was poor and I just couldn't stand to listen to the disloyal gobsh*tes dissing the team. 

After supporting the team for about twenty years I needed a break, a change of scene.

But I'm totally fascinated by the whole moneyball lore.

I'm in, hook line and sinker again. 

A wee word of compliment to the Spider's Talk podcast which also rekindled my love for the Glorious Hoops. 

19 hours ago, Arachnophile said:

I see QP women are down to play their games at Lochinch.  Are there spectator facilities there?

image.png.7b6914c833eed9e9bdc6ac4ae9cefdf6.png

I though they might have played at Lesser.

There weren't spectator facilities there last year, one of the reasons that games weren't publicised. Charlie Fox mentioned that facilitates had been upgraded at Lochinch. Did that extend to spectator facilities?

Maybe the women will move into Lesser when the first team move to Hampden.

Well, tried to purchase a ST today but failed.

Due to work likely having me in London more often than not was planning on purchasing for me and Son (U15 concession), hopeful that if I couldn't attend, another family member could go in my place - was told that wasn't possible/allowed as it is a condition of sale that the ST holder has to attend, which although a bit inflexible I kind of get, (despite ST holders being allowed to take a friend both to the Dundee and test games).  

Anyhoo, I then asked if  I could buy an ST for my son on the basis that whomever accompanied him could sit beside him at games and was told again categorically no given ST sales were high they wouldn't have space to accommodate.

I get that Lesser might be restricted but the notion they couldn't accommodate the latter request at Hampden stumps me a bit.  Son disappointed (obviously) and I'm left thinking maybe we're not that fussed about growing the fan base after all.

1 hour ago, Spider1975 said:

Due to work likely having me in London more often than not was planning on purchasing for me and Son (U15 concession), hopeful that if I couldn't attend, another family member could go in my place - was told that wasn't possible/allowed as it is a condition of sale that the ST holder has to attend, which although a bit inflexible I kind of get, (despite ST holders being allowed to take a friend both to the Dundee and test games).  

Anyhoo, I then asked if  I could buy an ST for my son on the basis that whomever accompanied him could sit beside him at games and was told again categorically no given ST sales were high they wouldn't have space to accommodate.

I get that Lesser might be restricted but the notion they couldn't accommodate the latter request at Hampden stumps me a bit.  Son disappointed (obviously) and I'm left thinking maybe we're not that fussed about growing the fan base after all.

Buy them and give your season ticket to someone else as you see fit on the weeks you can’t attend so that your son can still get to go.

The stewards aren’t going to notice and/or care. 

Wait and see how many absolute chancers emerge now that we are back at Hampden looking for, and successfully getting, free tickets with lounge access so there should be no guilt on your part.

Edited by Spider Rico

2 hours ago, Spider1975 said:

How would the club know who is using the ST?

28 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

How would the club know who is using the ST?

They won't. The Club have to give the legal response to the question asked but they won't be in the least interested in whether you paid for the ticket or someone else did.

10 minutes ago, Hampden Diehard said:

They won't. The Club have to give the legal response to the question asked but they won't be in the least interested in whether you paid for the ticket or someone else did.

It's only if the ticket used is not valid for the person using it. Say an adult using an OAP or child ticket. There could be an issue then.

Would be a cracker of a Shire shirt. Our traditional home shirt is one of the classic designs. Absolutely zero need to mess with it. Will I still be giving them money for it anyway?Almost certainly. 

39 minutes ago, Oldchap said:

Coming to the Livingston game simply because I want to see the new ground. Can you guys advise where it's best to park . Thanks

There's a free carpark right outside Lesser, which is a continuation if the even bigger free carpark outside Hampden.

Both will be available on Monday night and there will be plenty of space.

Enjoy the game.

38 minutes ago, pmonigatti said:

Where is everyone seeing the new home kit?

It was on show at a members meeting this evening. It was said that it was ready to be revealed online after the meeting, so I assume that will mean tomorrow morning.

And I agree, it's a very disappointing effort from our much hyped new partnership with Adidas. Looks like it's just one of their standard templates in Black and White (with red '3 stripes')

At least the training gear looks good.

7 hours ago, Spider1975 said:

They just gave you the standard legal response. Just buy the tickets. Last season, I had two half-season tickets both in my name and as there couldn't be two of me 😊 I brought a friend with me to every game. 

13 hours ago, Spider1975 said:

ST sales aren’t high. It’s the number of seats in short supply that’s the problem.

Think about it. We’re talking about a group of people who have wasted a fortune, created a dependency on a multi-millionaire Celtic fan, took 3.5 years to build a Meccano kit and are obsessed with their own positions and deflecting from their endless failings rather than the well-being of the fans. They don’t care who’s at a game, just that their deficit is reducing. Enjoy the game.