The Big Queen's Park FC Thread

Most worrying thing for me was how little I cared yesterday. When Thistle scored the 3rd I wasn’t even angry, just wanted full time to hurry up. That performance was horrific. The minute we conceded the first I knew we were beaten and going by the rest of the match so did the players. 

The players, of course, must take some responsibility. Individual errors week after week are killing us but the way we are doing the same things EVERY SINGLE GAME cannot be a coincidence and must be down to coaching. Dom Thomas is one of the most talented players we’ve had in years but looks like he’s been told to stop doing anything even remotely resembling exciting for fear of losing the ball so cuts inside and passes backwards. We are robotic in possession and calamitous without.

The experiment hasn’t worked. Football isn’t played on a spreadsheet and at this stage of the season to keep trying the same thing when it blatantly (no wins since August) isn’t working, is nothing but sheer arrogance and the refusal to acknowledge it and even attempt to change the way we play is lunacy. 

Veldman must go. 

1 hour ago, Gall09 said:

Most worrying thing for me was how little I cared yesterday. When Thistle scored the 3rd I wasn’t even angry, just wanted full time to hurry up. That performance was horrific. The minute we conceded the first I knew we were beaten and going by the rest of the match so did the players. 

The players, of course, must take some responsibility. Individual errors week after week are killing us but the way we are doing the same things EVERY SINGLE GAME cannot be a coincidence and must be down to coaching. Dom Thomas is one of the most talented players we’ve had in years but looks like he’s been told to stop doing anything even remotely resembling exciting for fear of losing the ball so cuts inside and passes backwards. We are robotic in possession and calamitous without.

The experiment hasn’t worked. Football isn’t played on a spreadsheet and at this stage of the season to keep trying the same thing when it blatantly (no wins since August) isn’t working, is nothing but sheer arrogance and the refusal to acknowledge it and even attempt to change the way we play is lunacy. 

Veldman must go. 

I think any spirit the players had has been coached out of them. 

Just watched Veldman's post match interview. Did you hear the part where he says he sees a different team & performance in training and on the pitch? That difference is a confession & trademark sign of a coach who is good at training players but really bad at managing & directing them on the pitch. We can't win with him in charge. I know it sounds impossible but I'll wager anything. We will not win a single game with him. 

5 minutes ago, EaglesandSpiders said:

Just watched Veldman's post match interview. Did you hear the part where he says he sees a different team & performance in training and on the pitch? That difference is a confession & trademark sign of a coach who is good at training players but really bad at managing & directing them on the pitch. We can't win with him in charge. I know it sounds impossible but I'll wager anything. We will not win a single game with him. 

I play tennis and when I practise on the court by myself I'm always amazed that I don't get a wild card for Wimbledon. Unfortunately once I meet a real opponent in a game I get humped.

52 minutes ago, EaglesandSpiders said:

If whoever is in charge do nothing now were going down and I won't be back Get your fingers out

57 minutes ago, EaglesandSpiders said:

When they lined up with five along the six yard line I wondered how many times they had practised this, presumably with QP forwards “attacking” them. Not 5 or 6 aggressive opponents determined to win the ball. Thistle won the game because their forwards played to win and attacked the goal. 

The debate about “is it Veldman or is it the players” is moot for me now. Veldman is content that his routines aren’t being implemented and it’s the players’ fault and too many (perhaps all) players are content that as long as they stand in the bit they are told to it’s Veldman’s fault, not theirs. Thistle’s second epitomised this. One Thistle guy goes for the ball with four QP players and he’s the winner. And at the other end, we had good control of the first 30 minutes and never worked the keeper once. 

I can’t ever remember seeing so many fans, especially at an away game, leaving so early. Something needs to change, but I really can’t see where the change is coming from, on or off the park. Out of both knockout cups, in the relegation zone, worst defensive stats in the leagues. We’re needing Harry Potter’s wand to fix this mess.

With each dismal week I am increasingly concerned not just about the results but about the existential future of the Club. We are now entirely dependent on one man’s resources to remain as a going concern - what with the proceeds from the sale of Hampden spunked away on a Kafkaesque horror of a  “stadium” that is the laughing stock of Scottish football. 

Can we at least receive some proof from the Club/Committee that we are not been saddled with Bank loans in addition to “grants” - loans which could be conveniently converted to equity at an opportune time in the future and thus eliminate the current ownership structure with one stroke?

58 minutes ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

When they lined up with five along the six yard line I wondered how many times they had practised this, presumably with QP forwards “attacking” them. Not 5 or 6 aggressive opponents determined to win the ball. Thistle won the game because their forwards played to win and attacked the goal. 

The debate about “is it Veldman or is it the players” is moot for me now. Veldman is content that his routines aren’t being implemented and it’s the players’ fault and too many (perhaps all) players are content that as long as they stand in the bit they are told to it’s Veldman’s fault, not theirs. Thistle’s second epitomised this. One Thistle guy goes for the ball with four QP players and he’s the winner. And at the other end, we had good control of the first 30 minutes and never worked the keeper once. 

I can’t ever remember seeing so many fans, especially at an away game, leaving so early. Something needs to change, but I really can’t see where the change is coming from, on or off the park. Out of both knockout cups, in the relegation zone, worst defensive stats in the leagues. We’re needing Harry Potter’s wand to fix this mess.

The reaction (or lack there of) to the goals yesterday from the players very much suggests they know this team is finished in its current form.

16 hours ago, I Clavdivs said:

Fair play to the 280 odd QP fans who sat to the bitter end and applauded your team . Your reward, I guess ,was the best seats in the house for Alston's top right peach 😎.

Great strike, but the build up play can best be described as "players watching a ball bounce around and hit them unintentionally". It is the epitome of Scottish football.

Things are not going well. That much is obvious.  But a wee reminder:

1)We are four points of the playoff spots.

2)Airdrie (fourth) have lost as many games as us.

3) Ayr have lost more games than us so we are not alone with inconsistent performances.

But it is fairly apparent that our squad can't live with the top 3 at the moment, particularly when the opponents are at full strength.  But we can mix it and mix it well with everyone else. Still think we can get ourselves up the table but we are going to have to get used to it being more of a struggle than we would like.

17 hours ago, williebraveheart said:

If only Veldman had the integrity of Dick Campbell. 

If only we had signed the boy David, strenthened our midfield capability and brought his experience to our team. He scored another goal yesterday, that is 4 since he joined Inverness and I don't think that they have lost a game since he signed. He lives in Edinburgh which is 45 minutes from Glasgow. Come on Committee did we try to sign him?

1 hour ago, Dooflick said:

If only we had signed the boy David, strenthened our midfield capability and brought his experience to our team. He scored another goal yesterday, that is 4 since he joined Inverness and I don't think that they have lost a game since he signed. He lives in Edinburgh which is 45 minutes from Glasgow. Come on Committee did we try to sign him?

This is a weird obsession you’ve got here mate.