The Big Queen's Park FC Thread

4 hours ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

What happens next? Here’s the answer. Time we got behind this fella I think.

This is a actually a very encouraging interview. He knows what’s wrong. Were not physical enough. We have to stop crosses coming in. Big point obviously is the players actually doing it. 🤞 

I genuinely believe Robin Veldman would be better suited to running the academy and bringing on the youngsters. Bring in Malky Mackay with all his qp connections as manager. I don’t want to hear any nonsense about emails from several years ago. Livingston have a convicted drug dealer and martindale does a good honest job .

40 minutes ago, Fife spider said:

I genuinely believe Robin Veldman would be better suited to running the academy and bringing on the youngsters. Bring in Malky Mackay with all his qp connections as manager. I don’t want to hear any nonsense about emails from several years ago. Livingston have a convicted drug dealer and martindale does a good honest job .

Absolute drivel  

Even though the comparison with Martindale has almost zero relevance, does that mean you’re seamlessly willing to accept someone in charge of a club based in one of the most diverse areas in Scotland? 

What message is that sending to the community in terms of enticing them to come to games and grow the fan base. It’s polar opposite of what the club are trying to be. You’d be sticking 2 fingers up to large parts of the southside appointing him 

Football is a privileged position to be involved in career wise and anyone who has such views on particular communities deserves zero relevance in the sport

Outwith that, he’s an objectively terrible football manager in general 

Edited by qpfc

11 minutes ago, qpfc said:

Absolute drivel  

Even though the comparison with Martindale has almost zero relevance, does that mean you’re seamlessly willing to accept someone in charge of a club based in one of the most diverse areas in Scotland? 

What message is that sending to the community in terms of enticing them to come to games and grow the fan base. It’s polar opposite of what the club are trying to be. You’d be sticking 2 fingers up to large parts of the southside appointing him 

Football is a privileged position to be involved in career wise and anyone who has such views on particular communities deserves zero relevance in the sport

Outwith that, he’s an objectively terrible football manager in general 

Yep. Carefully built sponsorship relationships and links with community organisations would need to be factored in as well.

I think most folk are capable of rehabilitating their character, but he wasn’t a daft kid. He was a man in his 40s. Even with apologies and reflection on actions, it should still rule him out of any leadership role. Not saying he shouldn’t ever work in football, but he’s wholly unsuited to being a leader and I don’t want him at our club. 

My own opinion is that he’s sorry that he got caught, rather than genuinely remorseful about the things he said. An absolute c**t of a man, in all honesty. 

Veldman needs to stay to continue with the long-term direction we are moving in. It will come together. I would like a striker added in January as we are asking too much of Paton. However, I would have no objection to MM. Yes, he made mistakes which many of his generation have also done. If we are to move forward you cannot banish people for mistakes forever. He undertook training and apologised. Why would anyone admit to faults or try to improve if they are chastised and labelled forever? Moreover, he has considerable Queens Park heritage, football experience, and knowledge north and south.

24 minutes ago, Southsideforever said:

Veldman needs to stay to continue with the long-term direction we are moving in. It will come together. I would like a striker added in January as we are asking too much of Paton. However, I would have no objection to MM. Yes, he made mistakes which many of his generation have also done. If we are to move forward you cannot banish people for mistakes forever. He undertook training and apologised. Why would anyone admit to faults or try to improve if they are chastised and labelled forever? Moreover, he has considerable Queens Park heritage, football experience, and knowledge north and south.

If I were to stand up at the next home game at Hampden and start saying things about Jews, black people, Chinese people and women, what would you expect the consequences to be for me? 

2 hours ago, Fife spider said:

img_0907.jpeg

56 minutes ago, an86 said:

If I were to stand up at the next home game at Hampden and start saying things about Jews, black people, Chinese people and women, what would you expect the consequences to be for me? 

To be challenged and asked to consider where these views originate from and to understand they are wrong. Be supported and guided to understand that prejudices need to be addressed and become a better person. We need people to be open about prejudices and seek help to address them. Not be fearful of opening up and looking to change for fear of the consequences.

Yet again, I feel the need to point out that Malky Mackay is simply not a good manager even beyond his controversial behaviour and opinions. His record at Ross County, where he was well backed, was very poor. I fear that we're destined to be linked with him forever due to the family connection. No thank you.

1 hour ago, Southsideforever said:

To be challenged and asked to consider where these views originate from and to understand they are wrong. Be supported and guided to understand that prejudices need to be addressed and become a better person. We need people to be open about prejudices and seek help to address them. Not be fearful of opening up and looking to change for fear of the consequences.

I’d be immediately banned for life, as I absolutely should be. I’d possibly take a couple of deserved hits on the way out for my trouble as well. By the way, we banned someone for life eighteen years ago for a racist remark to an Albion Rovers player. This sort of shite wasn’t acceptable way back then either. 

In my view, the age thing has always been an absolute cop out. Glasgow has been a multicultural and diverse city for generations now. There’s literally no excuse. I knew what was wrong to say thirty years ago when I was a kid at school, so if folk are still talking about understanding racists in 2023, what exactly are we meant to be understanding? Sometimes arseholes are just arseholes. 

Ok I take it that’s a no. I have no time for racism in any form and while that is obviously wrong why do we accept the bile that comes down from the stand at two particular grounds in Glasgow. I grew up in Glasgow and have been there with qp , sat in the stand with my then eight year old daughter and was called far worse than what mackay’s email said. So it’s rightly wrong to call out comments on skin colour but you can say anything you like about their religious beliefs.

32 minutes ago, Fife spider said:

Ok I take it that’s a no. I have no time for racism in any form and while that is obviously wrong why do we accept the bile that comes down from the stand at two particular grounds in Glasgow. I grew up in Glasgow and have been there with qp , sat in the stand with my then eight year old daughter and was called far worse than what mackay’s email said. So it’s rightly wrong to call out comments on skin colour but you can say anything you like about their religious beliefs.

You should know by now that it's one rule for us and none for them.

Edited by spiders4ever

17 minutes ago, Fife spider said:

How is that relevant to Queen's Park?