The Big Queen's Park FC Thread

In all seriousness he dragged another year out of Brysons broken body in 20/21 (but made a mistake of trying to get another it the season after), and Bryson was absolutely vital to our cup runs. Assume he'll be wanting Welsh to play a similar role where he dictates the midfield and allows the CBs to play it short, and thats how you build your way up the park sort of thing.

I think Davidson will likely be criticised for the guys he brings in this month based on his track record of making signings who are past their best, but this is exactly the sort of experience our squad is lacking. We have plenty of young talent, and Welsh is the kind of leader they need around them, as well as a solid option off the bench/injury cover. I'd be happy with this.

Edited by Zanetti

1 hour ago, qpfc said:

I see Connor smith has returned to hearts from his loan from a Scunthorpe. Would take back in a heartbeat. Can play multiple positions in the attacking third

Could be utter nonsense but I was told he wanted to come back to queens in the summer but beuker said no to it

Dinny be surprised if the next few days if you see him linked with us because of his brother Callum… but I won’t see it happening though maybe he ends up at a Falkirk or Cove perhaps in league 1 or he may well could end up in lower half championship 

13 minutes ago, Zanetti said:

I think Davidson will likely be criticised for the guys he brings in this month based on his track record of making signings who are past their best.

Most of his best signings were 30+, tbf.

Younger ones he seemed to struggle to "profile" correctly and ended up using wrong.

Maybe easier to get right with older players as theyve a career of evidence to show you what they do well/struggle with?

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

Most of his best signings were 30+, tbf.

Younger ones he seemed to struggle to "profile" correctly and ended up using wrong.

Maybe easier to get right with older players as theyve a career of evidence to show you what they do well/struggle with?

We have so many young players right now with plenty more coming through that realistically he probably won't need to look at anyone under the age of about 26/27 even if he lasts the full length of his 2 and a half year contract.

An 18 month contract is just about acceptable. Anymore than that and you’re verging on daft. It’s a risk given his injury record not just in recent times but the entirety of his career but we’re in a position where we need to take a couple of risks on some older heads to help us in our current position. The quality of Welsh seems unquestionable, just hoping we get a sustained period of him on the pitch and not on the sidelines 

Edited by qpfc

22 minutes ago, qpfc said:

An 18 month contract is just about acceptable. Anymore than that and you’re verging on daft. It’s a risk given his injury record not just in recent times but the entirety of his career but we’re in a position where we need to take a couple of risks on some older heads to help us in our current position. The quality of Welsh seems unquestionable, just hoping we get a sustained period of him on the pitch and not on the sidelines 

We got an hour out of him on Saturday so you’ve probably got about 210 minutes left in him until the next injury.

He will be excellent for those 210 mins though.

Some  of the younger players need to be taken out of the firing line for a game or two on occasions,  just as with the likes of Sean Welsh you know in advance not to expect 90 minutes from him week after week till the end of the season. Worth a gamble to bring in a much needed older head and with plenty of ability, as long as we're sensible about the wages and contract length on offer.

I don't know anything about Welsh so my comments are general.

Are we really signing a player who is frequently injured and is thought of as surplus to requirements at a club that is struggling almost as much as we are and have just lost probably their best player?

6 minutes ago, spiders4ever said:

Are we really signing a player who is frequently injured and is thought of as surplus to requirements at a club that is struggling almost as much as we are and have just lost probably their best player?

It also seems curious that we are supposedly signing a midfielder when, I would suggest, our needs are greater elsewhere.

4 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Assume he'll be wanting Welsh to play a similar role where he dictates the midfield and allows the CBs to play it short, and thats how you build your way up the park sort of thing

We’ve got one of these. His name is Jack Spong. 

59 minutes ago, spiders4ever said:

Have I missed something, who have we just lost?

11 minutes ago, mcjameos said:

Have I missed something, who have we just lost?

I think he is on about Wotherspoon leaving us for Dundee Utd. Not got a clue what that has to do with anything though.

Good to see Davidson start by addressing the problem that doesn’t really exist, while ignoring the problem the rest of the division clocked last March… and which has got a lot worse since then.

I’m sure there’ll be more signings, but, at this stage, it seems rumours of QP’s recovery may have been somewhat exaggerated…