The Big Queen's Park FC Thread

1 hour ago, pmonigatti said:

I also see its being reported that the club are poised to make Darren O'Donnell the new Director of Football.

He's the head of Mercury sports management who have been the clubs main source of talent the past 12-18 months. They are Mackenzie Carse and Aaron Healy's agency to name but a few.

Will be interesting to see if that comes to fruition.

38 minutes ago, an86 said:

I understand there’s also a family connection to someone heavily involved in the running of the club. 

Don’t worry 

According to LinkedIn he recently passed his level 1.3 Talent ID coaching badge. 

That combined with his years of experience in the (checks notes) Golf Recruitment industry means he is more than qualified to oversee a full time professional football club and elite level academy.

19 times capped Scotland international, double cup winning Callum Davidson will be hanging on his every word I’m sure.

1 minute ago, Grumpy Soo-sider said:

Could hinge on the home/away split. A fun day out to Embra would be good!

It'll be Hibs away, Kelty at home, Peterhead away and Elgin at home.

9/10 points absolutely achievable. Very happy with that!

7 minutes ago, Zanetti said:

It'll be Hibs away, Kelty at home, Peterhead away and Elgin at home.

9/10 points absolutely achievable. Very happy with that!

Shame for the Hibs Directors missing out on our hospitality! 😅

16 minutes ago, Grumpy Soo-sider said:

Queen's group for League Cup

Hibs, Queen's, Kelty, Peterhead and Elgin

Feel like this could be another group we don't get out of. Hibs surely win every game of theirs, and we could easily slip up and lose on penalties to kelty (trauma from the east Fife game). On paper I think we should go through as a better second place team but I have my doubts

41 minutes ago, an86 said:

Going by the order last year:

Peterhead away (Sat)

Hibs away (Sat)

Elgin home (midweek)

Kelty home (Sat)

Will the home games be at Lesser or is Hampden turf not being re-laid in July?

46 minutes ago, an86 said:

Going by the order last year:

Peterhead away (Sat)

Hibs away (Sat)

Elgin home (midweek)

Kelty home (Sat)

Can't wait to drop these games into the family calendar and the Mrs finds out the season starts back before the Euros has even finished 😂

1 hour ago, Brockers61 said:

Poor show from QP. Organiser has put months of work into this only for it to be cancelled at the last moment.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/215603853743554/permalink/768132515157349/

Yeah, not ideal. However, not knowing the details of the clubs arrangements with the SFA makes it difficult to comment further. Was there no cancellation clause in the contract with the organiser of the fair?

Absolutely, clever from the captain. As I had eluded to in the pod, I've met Dom a few times and the enthusiasm he would speak about him with was dead refreshing. I asked a question in relation to the style of play at the Q&A night last year and he mirrored exactly what he said last week. I'm away to shoot my shot with Robin now, don't say I'm not good to you all 😅

10 minutes ago, Grumpy Soo-sider said:

Right yeah that worked

I'd agree with your take on it then. Looks poor with the information given, especially with such short notice, but the SFA aren't known for giving qp the best deals with our stadium

Can't believe this. Just realised Thistle/Clyde will be given a competitive advantage by the fact that Liam Kelly, the Motherwell goalie, will still be out in Germany winning the final and celebrating, while the rest of his team plays in the league cup. Clear bias from premier sports and the spfl smh.