The Big Queen's Park FC Thread

Technically nothing released today says we won’t be in Hampden as planned for the Morton game in September (I know, I know)………….but the lack of anything confirming our remaining fixtures will remain unchanged is very telling

2 minutes ago, Spider Rico said:

Technically nothing released today says we won’t be in Hampden as planned for the Morton game in September (I know, I know)………….but the lack of anything confirming our remaining fixtures will remain unchanged is very telling

"The arrangement includes the club’s home matches up to Scotland’s UEFA Nations League fixture at home to Poland on September 5 and the SPFL Board has approved Rangers playing such matches away from their own Registered Ground."

The great unanswered question is what happens if Ibrox is not ready at the start of September

3 minutes ago, Arachnophile said:

The great unanswered question is what happens if Ibrox is not ready at the start of September

Probably something like this

40 minutes ago, Arachnophile said:

RANGERS

Queen's Park

52 minutes ago, GloriousHoops said:

Brilliant statement. 

Imagine our lot ever having the balls to put out something that strongly worded. 

Well I guess the major inconvenience is for them rather than us. Getting to Hampden on a Friday night will be a piece of cake (for me) by comparison. 

I remember all those Friday night games at Ochilview and it was a real hassle to get away from work early enough to get the family fed and out the door in good order for the drive up to Larbert. Don't miss it.

18 minutes ago, Arachnophile said:

Never mind - instead of selling Pink hospitality, we can sell dirty orange hospitality

Oh man I hadn’t even considered this.

Rangers themed hospitality 🤮 

11 minutes ago, Spider Rico said:

Oh man I hadn’t even considered this.

Rangers themed hospitality 🤮 

I would hope and expect the club not to dip that low
It would certainly highlight their priorities

39 minutes ago, Benidorm said:

I'd be stunned if Rangers are in and out by the end of August. 

900 seats for QP till some point in October IMO.

A risk too high for me. Season ticket renewed today. Just as well. Not many seats left.

1 hour ago, Anonymous Spider said:

What a ridiculously inadequate statement. 

The absolute minimum QP could possibly say. On the other hand the Livi statement which is about a paragraph longer manages to diplomatically express exasperation at the way the situation has arisen, points the finger at the club mainly responsible and even expresses sympathy for QP. That's how a club stands up for itself and its supporters. I hope there will be further clarification from our president very soon.

Queen’s Park FC acknowledge the statements issued today by the Scottish FA and Rangers FC regarding their agreement over the temporary use of the National Stadium at Hampden Park by Rangers FC.

We can confirm that our William Hill Championship fixture with Livingston, due to be played at The city Stadium on Saturday 10th August, will now be played at the same venue on Friday 9th August with a 7.45pm kick off.

Yours faithfully,

Graeme Shields

Club President

3 hours ago, spiders4ever said:

I dare say that none of us has seen our lease agreement. The club is in a very weak position and has to agree with whatever the SFA wants. We push against that (even if we're in the right) and they pull the plug on us at the end of the lease.

QP are in a weak position because of QP's chronic mis-management of epic proportions over a number of years since Haughey's cash came in.  What QP fail to realise these days is the impact this mis-management has had and continues to have upon the support which has been there well before Haughey pitched up and that now is, at best, an after-thought.

It is embarrassing that the efforts to grow a support are now constrained by the fact our stadium can't accommodate half that grown support, let alone paying away fans.  I'm guessing the really well thought out and popular free tickets for schools will be a victim of this cock-up.

For what is one of Scotland's newest professional clubs we are embarrassingly backward and antiquated when it comes to effective day to day management and customer service and engagement.

Are there any members or committee members active within this forum?

I feel that the last few days has taken the stadium issue to a point of impasse. 

I wonder if there is provision within the constitution of the club (or whatever there happens to be) that would allow an EGM to be called if a required number of members asked for it.

It’s time that a focus on getting Lesser Hampden to a usable state becomes the primary objective & the club should announce what that plan is. If (as i’m sure it’ll be claimed to be) it is decried as impossible due to a lack of funds then discussion on raising funds is the first item on the agenda.

I would hope that a more detailed statement is even now being prepared by the QP president and committee which would include apologies to QP and Livi fans for the inconvenience caused by the date shift and a thank you to Livingston FC for their forbearance. I would also hope that QP fans will receive a clarification on the stadium situation for our upcoming September and October fixtures at Hampden as soon as possible.

Anytime there is even a crumb of optimism around QP the club manages to embarrass itself with nonsense like this. Every single season. 

15 minutes ago, Spidersmad said:

I would hope that a more detailed statement is even now being prepared by the QP president and committee which would include apologies to QP and Livi fans for the inconvenience caused by the date shift and a thank you to Livingston FC for their forbearance. I would also hope that QP fans will receive a clarification on the stadium situation for our upcoming September and October fixtures at Hampden as soon as possible.

I would hope we sign Lamine Yamal
Sadly I think none of these things will happen