The Big Queen's Park FC Thread

5 hours ago, Alan Twelve said:

I hope Tuesday is the last we see of three at the back. How many times was Molotnikov one-on-one with Tizzard in the first half? We have the personnel to play 4-2-3-1 with Welsh and Thomson protecting the centre-backs, and the full-backs not having to provide all the attacking width means that our young centre-backs won't constantly be exposed any time our opponents attack on the flanks.

Clearly Hibs are far, far better than any team in the Championship, but if Davidson persists with the back three, any team with decent wingers will beat us every time.

Ferrie

Kerr / Tizzard / Reid / Scott

Welsh / Thomson

Thomas / Turner / Hinds

Rudden

Fox, McGregor, Mauchin, Longridge, McLeish and Savoury on the bench or to come back from injury (am I forgetting anyone?). We urgently need another centre-back, obviously, but that aside I think we have a team that's not going to win the league, but we shouldn't be getting relegated either. And I'd be OK with that.

Agree with the tactic and the general idea, but I’d change a few guys around...

Ferrie

Welsh / Thomson

Thomas / McGregor / Savoury

Rudden

We're clearly lacking a centre back and an attacking midfield but we still have Mauchin (right) and Fox (center/left) on defense, at midfield I see Turner more as a cover for Welsh and Thompson and Longridge for the wings with Hinds on the wings too but mainly as backup for Rudden, with Mcleish consequently having more minutes since Paton is out.

In general, if we can get 2 guys for those positions I feel that it’s closed shop.

My biggest concern is I don't feel that Rudden is enough on attack... there's still a big hole to fill there as he will never have Murray's or Paton's numbers.

Let's trust the process and hope that there's some B team kids who are good enough to play.

58 minutes ago, Spidersmad said:

Was there ever a fan's representative on the committee? I thought that Keith used to have some such role.

Keith was a member of the committee for a few years but gave it up. You would have to ask him why. Keith is also our official SLO guy at the moment. I wonder if this is a backdoor move by the committee to get the two ex-presidents back on the committee, if so very sad. I can think of one ex-president I would be happy to see as one of the SLO's, however he is under doctor's orders to take things easy after an operation. Bring on the volunteer's and one of them should be Keith.

7 hours ago, Alan Twelve said:

And I thought Tizzard did pretty well on Tuesday in the circumstances. He doesn't look fully fit, but there's plenty of time to get him games before the league starts.

Wasn’t Tizzard injured against Arbroath last season with a hamstring injury!!! As CD said he needs match fitness.  He has got pace which Reid hasn’t. Technically, I think he’s good and reads game well.  I also thought he did well on Tuesday night against Hibs. 
We do need to add at least 2 experienced CBs with FOX out with long term injury.

3 hours ago, SpiderFromMars said:

Agree with the tactic and the general idea, but I’d change a few guys around...

Ferrie

Welsh / Thomson

Thomas / McGregor / Savoury

Rudden

We're clearly lacking a centre back and an attacking midfield but we still have Mauchin (right) and Fox (center/left) on defense, at midfield I see Turner more as a cover for Welsh and Thompson and Longridge for the wings with Hinds on the wings too but mainly as backup for Rudden, with Mcleish consequently having more minutes since Paton is out.

In general, if we can get 2 guys for those positions I feel that it’s closed shop.

My biggest concern is I don't feel that Rudden is enough on attack... there's still a big hole to fill there as he will never have Murray's or Paton's numbers.

Let's trust the process and hope that there's some B team kids who are good enough to play.

I'm not sure we are missing an attacking midfielder at all. Turner in my books is an attacking midfielder, he's just too much of a liability to play further back than that. Hinds could easily take either wing position which would allow savoury to slot in the middle. 

If push really comes to shove we can throw Alex Fairlie in (assuming we haven't chucked him over the summer) 

11 minutes ago, qpfc said:

I see Airdrie have terminated Todorov’s contract. Would you take him at us? Thought he was a big nuisance against us last season 

He would have been good with Paton.

1 hour ago, qpfc said:

I see Airdrie have terminated Todorov’s contract. Would you take him at us? Thought he was a big nuisance against us last season 

Any rumours to what Danny Wilson's plans area,   was he on crazy money with yourselves

4 minutes ago, Passionate said:

Any rumours to what Danny Wilson's plans area,   was he on crazy money with yourselves

Would be surprised if he wasn't comfortably one of the higher earners at the club. Davidson specified that he wishes Danny and his family well, which makes me wonder if he's decided to leave for personal reasons; worth bearing in mind he'd been in America for 6 years before joining us, so it would've been a fair change of scenery.

1 hour ago, Zanetti said:

Would be surprised if he wasn't comfortably one of the higher earners at the club. Davidson specified that he wishes Danny and his family well, which makes me wonder if he's decided to leave for personal reasons; worth bearing in mind he'd been in America for 6 years before joining us, so it would've been a fair change of scenery.

Sorry to see him go, he helped steady the ship at a crucial time last season. 

11 minutes ago, Cyclops van Gogh 1867 said:

Sorry to see him go, he helped steady the ship at a crucial time last season. 

I liked him. His legs have clearly gone and he was beaten a bit too easily, but he helped organise the defence when we needed it and I think we'd be better off with him around this season too.

10 hours ago, Zanetti said:

I liked him. His legs have clearly gone and he was beaten a bit too easily, but he helped organise the defence when we needed it and I think we'd be better off with him around this season too.

He didn't look fit on Tuesday but you could say that about most of the team. They looked out on their feet by half time.  But during last season I wouldn't have said Wilson's legs had gone.  He read the game well and got himself into the right places more often than not, particularly when winning balls in the air, which was a real weakness for us until he arrived. Like you I would have liked him to stay.  If his departure was football related it would be interesting to know why he wanted to leave.

1 hour ago, Stuntiethumper said:

He didn't look fit on Tuesday but you could say that about most of the team. They looked out on their feet by half time.  But during last season I wouldn't have said Wilson's legs had gone.  He read the game well and got himself into the right places more often than not, particularly when winning balls in the air, which was a real weakness for us until he arrived. Like you I would have liked him to stay.  If his departure was football related it would be interesting to know why he wanted to leave.

I believe that his family are still in the USA, maybe he just wants to go and back and be with them, who knows.

On 18/07/2024 at 10:45, Arachnophile said:

This is a change to the current situation, proposed by the Supporters' Association, and followed up by the Club. Generally, SLOs are volunteers.

In making its submission to the Club, the Association hoped to improve the nature and effectiveness of the Club / supporter relationship within a formal structure.

19 hours ago, Dooflick said:

Keith was a member of the committee for a few years but gave it up. You would have to ask him why. Keith is also our official SLO guy at the moment. I wonder if this is a backdoor move by the committee to get the two ex-presidents back on the committee, if so very sad. I can think of one ex-president I would be happy to see as one of the SLO's, however he is under doctor's orders to take things easy after an operation. Bring on the volunteer's and one of them should be Keith.

There is no Committee member appointed as the official or formal representative of the supporters, members or the Supporters' Association.  There are of course, Committee members who have no playing record with the team and are effectively supporters on the Committee.

Being on the Committee can be onerous.  Back in the day when I was involved, it required being at quite a number of meetings which you had to attend in person to have your voice heard.  Not sure if meetings are only held "in person" now.

At times like this, I can imagine that there will be plenty of meetings but hopefully advances in IT make remote communication better.  The current stadium situation will, I'm sure, require daily communications and discussions between the Committee and the other relevant parties involved within and outwith the Club .  Add in the signing and release of players, all of which will, I assume, require the ultimate sanction of at least some of the Committee.

It's the unwritten rule that Committee members become the President in turn.  Even before professionalism and the recent Hampden-related turmoil, it was a job with a heavy, heavy demand on your time.  There is no way that the job can be done by a person with a full time job.  Even having a part time job would be a challenge to combine it with the role of President.

1 hour ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

For those who’ve been hankering for a return to the low-level, tight squeeze views at Lesser, looks like our lovely club is bringing your dreams to fruition.

What’s the Latin for “Bend over for anyone”?

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/rangers-earn-open-hampden-ticket-33259659

Perhaps the most concerning thing is that this article is 3 days old (also been reported in the S*n) and the club has not felt the need to comment or offer  any sort of reassurance to QP supporters.

30 minutes ago, Arachnophile said:

Perhaps the most concerning thing is that this article is 3 days old (also been reported in the S*n) and the club has not felt the need to comment or offer  any sort of reassurance to QP supporters.

2 sentences about the Livi game is all we've had during this entire episode...