The Big Queen's Park FC Thread

6 hours ago, Zanetti said:

Davidson has been pretty transparent about the constraints he's working with to build a squad this year, especially recently. If he doesn't know whether there are funds to bring in another striker, which we're clearly desperate for, then it should be becoming obvious if it wasn't already that the budget for our playing squad is much closer to the likes of Morton and Airdrie than Raith/Thistle/Ayr etc.

Indeed. And we should steady our minds for a league position that will reflect that. If we are struggling by Christmas I can see some pretty terse discussions between CD and the committee.

13 minutes ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

Indeed. And we should steady our minds for a league position that will reflect that. If we are struggling by Christmas I can see some pretty terse discussions between CD and the committee.

I Want More GIF

On 03/09/2024 at 17:48, mcjameos said:

BBC saying Rangers have confirmed their game against Dundee on 21/9 will be at Ibrox. Think that means they have no more games at Hampden. I know the club announced the Morton game would be at Lesser but surely it would be common sense to switch this 🤷

So there is the imminent statement. Morton at Lesser and thereafter we are back at Hampden. Would have liked them to explain why Morton cannot be moved back.

22 minutes ago, williebraveheart said:

Would have liked them to explain why Morton cannot be moved back.

It'll be almost worth it for the inevitable heads gone from the Morton fans on here when they learn that they'll only be getting a couple of hundred tickets. Mind you' that's more much needed revenue lost to QP.

16 minutes ago, williebraveheart said:

So there is the imminent statement. Morton at Lesser and thereafter we are back at Hampden. Would have liked them to explain why Morton cannot be moved back.

Yup, makes absolutely no sense.  However there are a couple of Morton fans on P&B that seem to enjoy a good moan so, given we are where we are, the inevitable response to being offered a ridiculously small number of tickets will be amusing.

10 minutes ago, Spidersmad said:

It'll be almost worth it for the inevitable heads gone from the Morton fans on here when they learn that they'll only be getting a couple of hundred tickets. 

Beat me to it 😂

2 hours ago, mcjameos said:

Yup, makes absolutely no sense.  However there are a couple of Morton fans on P&B that seem to enjoy a good moan so, given we are where we are, the inevitable response to being offered a ridiculously small number of tickets will be amusing.

A couple?

1 hour ago, Stuntiethumper said:

Great video. Well done Sean and Charlie.

All Charlie’s work, the filming and editing. I’m only sharing for those who might not come across it on social media, and looking over my shoulder in case he’s looking for a new role doing video editing 😂

11 hours ago, Stuntiethumper said:

Great video. Well done Sean and Charlie.

I've never seen inside the QP training facility @ Lochinch. 

Looks pretty top notch to my uneducated eye. 

I've done a wee Google and found this, I don't know if there's anything more recent.... 

22 minutes ago, GloriousHoops said:

I've done a wee Google and found this, I don't know if there's anything more recent.... 

Used to jog past in it my running days. A great location in probably my favourite part of Glasgow.  I think I read somewhere that QP has a 20 year lease at Lochinch and the club has spent quite a bit of money since then upgrading the pitches and facilities.  For me it is one of the most positive off field things the club has done.

A friend of mine's son plays in the QP academy and the facility at Lochinch is superb. The main building has been upgraded further (better canteen and gym) from these pictures and a new astro was laid at start of this year. longer term plan is to add another two astros I believe and have 5 pitches in total (two grass). taking longer than club would like with "environmental issues" with the local park habitat been displaced etc and obviously funding through grants etc.  consistent with the club's vision to create a best in class academy etc and its something they should be shouting about more imo. womens team and first team use it also obviously but its a great place to watch a game 

3 hours ago, GloriousHoops said:

Shouldn't we be looking at moving to Lochinch and selling Lesser to the SFA?

Wouldn't we be far better building a stadium there than picking up the crumbles from the FA? Lesser is better suited as a training ground than a stadium, from my point of view.