The Big Queen's Park FC Thread

19 hours ago, Gall09 said:

The players did overachieve and for the majority of the season they were brilliant and gave us some amazing moments. However there can be no argument that the performances over the last 2/3 months were horrendous. I do believe some of this was down to Owen Coyle’s refusal to change anything even when it was blatantly obvious that teams had sussed out our game plan by then, but some of the players have to have a look at themselves and ask if they played to their full potential. 

I dont agree with dishing out personal abuse to players but I can totally understand the fans (myself included) frustration at a pathetic performance against a team we had already beaten 3 times. We aren’t “plucky” amateur QP anymore. These guys are professionals and with that comes a certain minimum expected level of performance. 

Yup, completely get that and it's pretty obvious given the rapid drop-off that something was amiss.  

Watched both Partick games at Ochilview, (missed the first one at Firhill, caught the second on BBC Scotland), but it was evident that whatever we had in the first three games, PT had obtained in the latter games.  Again, it's only a personal opinion, but I just thought the protestations were a little vociferous given the season as a whole - but absolutely get how emotions can and do run high.

I appreciate fans of other teams are curious about the few Friday fixtures scheduled, as I’m sure some QP fans are too. And I’m not suggesting the fans of other teams, who have posted so far - are doing this.

However, in fear of it happening again, can I plead that we please postpone round 2 of ‘QPFC shouldn’t be allow to play Friday’s chat’.

I appreciate that there may be some frustration to come from opposition fans, based upon last season’s Friday debacle, but for us QPFC fans, our wee thread has been hopeful, exciting and positive (minus the price of a Pepsi) over the past few weeks and that’s not something we have been able to say much for the past few months 😅 

Edited by TheHitman

37 minutes ago, TheHitman said:

However, in fear of it happening again, can I plead that we please postpone round 2 of ‘QPFC shouldn’t be allow to play Friday’s chat’.

Should be fine I reckon given we're not playing Arbroath 

I noticed the tweet, Facebook post and website article announcing that Brown and Eze had been released have all disappeared from the various platforms.

While looking for them I then noticed that the posts, videos and articles with Veldmans 'first QPTV interview' and his first meeting with the press have also all been removed.

I'm sure there's a perfectly sensible explanation for all this, but it seems a bit strange.

30 minutes ago, Ben Reilly said:

I noticed the tweet, Facebook post and website article announcing that Brown and Eze had been released have all disappeared from the various platforms.

While looking for them I then noticed that the posts, videos and articles with Veldmans 'first QPTV interview' and his first meeting with the press have also all been removed.

I'm sure there's a perfectly sensible explanation for all this, but it seems a bit strange.

image.png.d0b27cc92cd1e7d65b2fccdc75bc72f6.png

image.png.7a1054e8d0b4b1acf720ad454826de7c.png

image.png.f89daa223b91246f2b05e6d33ccd236d.png

2 hours ago, Arachnophile said:

image.png.d0b27cc92cd1e7d65b2fccdc75bc72f6.png

image.png.7a1054e8d0b4b1acf720ad454826de7c.png

image.png.f89daa223b91246f2b05e6d33ccd236d.png

That may be the fault of the podcast Twitter page. I tweeted out when they left that Eze was rumoured to be following Owen Coyle to Chennaiyin (which also appears to be a rumour but a strong one online) simply based on comments on Twitter, and some Indian Super League page cited us as an actual source confirming this transfer and it got a lot of traction 😂

https://twitter.com/TheISLtamil/status/1674364911462514688?s=20

10 minutes ago, Dave said:

That may be the fault of the podcast Twitter page. I tweeted out when they left that Eze was rumoured to be following Owen Coyle to Chennaiyin (which also appears to be a rumour but a strong one online) simply based on comments on Twitter, and some Indian Super League page cited us as an actual source confirming this transfer and it got a lot of traction 😂

https://twitter.com/TheISLtamil/status/1674364911462514688?s=20

You mean everything on Wikipedia isn't true?

15 hours ago, Ben Reilly said:

With regard to the Veldman video, also gone from the YouTube channel, I noticed in the Linlithgow report a clear statement that he was viewing “subject to visa approvals”. So maybe it’s been pulled so as not to send the wrong messages to the border guards. Especially as we have a member of the House of Lords associated with the club. 

1 hour ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

With regard to the Veldman video, also gone from the YouTube channel, I noticed in the Linlithgow report a clear statement that he was viewing “subject to visa approvals”. So maybe it’s been pulled so as not to send the wrong messages to the border guards. Especially as we have a member of the House of Lords associated with the club. 

I hadn't spotted that. I wonder if it was added later or I just didn't see it when I read it the first time.

Either way, it would certainly explain things.

1 hour ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

Hope we don't get kicked out the league for fielding an ineligible head coach.

2 hours ago, Arachnophile said:

Hope we don't get kicked out the league for fielding an ineligible head coach.

Or more likely the Daily Mail running a headline that Scotland's oldest football club are smuggling EU immigrants down the Clyde in a canoe.

Edited by Bring Your Own Socks

38 minutes ago, leomessi1984 said:

Lewis Moore signs for Kelty. Presume he's been injured a lot last season given lack of games?

Can’t say I was a fan of him at any point tbh but in fairness he actually looked semi competent in the limited game time he got at the start of the season. Scored a cracking goal against Forfar in the cup early doors last season

Mid table league 1 is probably his level and like you said, he’s been injured for considerable periods so obviously that’s not helped his case in terms of minutes on the pitch 

2 hours ago, spiders4ever said:

Pink Floyd "Is there anybody out there?"

If you're looking for something to tide you over, the latest wee episode of the Spiders Talk podcast was released this evening. We got a chance to talk to Charlie Fox about his thoughts on last season, hopes for this season and everything in between. Spotify & Apple links can be found if you click on my signature on here, or if you don't subscribe to either of those, it's also available via player.fm.

Will start posting it more regularly in here throughout this season, especially with Twitter currently in an absolute state. Apologies in advance for those that have no interest in it 😇