The Big Queen's Park FC Thread

14 hours ago, Hampden Diehard said:

Aye, Neil Lennon is a real winner. 

It's actually only nine games since some people were telling Coyle to f off back to India. How many games do we give managers at QP nowadays before we chase them? Is it six, seven?

Queen’s Park managers now don’t operate under the same rules as Queen’s Park managers of the past. When we were amateur, we always had the excuse of the shallowest talent pool to pick from and the obvious handicap of not paying a wage. We are now well backed financially and have the best facilities in the division.

Nobody feels entitled to win every game, but you expect to be relatively competitive against most teams in the division. We’ve lost five of our last six. Making it six in seven would include a run of fixtures that included Ayr, Morton and Airdrie, teams we’d expect to be down near the bottom.

If we don’t pick up points on Friday, where are we picking them up? More importantly, where is any realistic sign that we’re picking them up? The performances have been utterly lifeless. We’re in the business of trying to be financially sustainable, so it’s crucial that we aren’t relegated. Whereas, in the past it didn’t really have any negative impact at all. 

I sincerely hope we pick up some sort of result on Friday, but another insipid performance and defeat and I’m out. Teething problems are to be expected, but another defeat against a possible relegation rival would be unanesthetised root canal territory. 

3 minutes ago, Derry Alli said:

That's quite a claim.. or are you meaning because you're back lodging at Hampden?

The pitch we train on is one of the best in the country and the facilities at Lochinch are superb. I’d be amazed if anyone is spending more on that side of things than us. The players could not be being provided with a better working environment. 

32 minutes ago, an86 said:

The pitch we train on is one of the best in the country and the facilities at Lochinch are superb. I’d be amazed if anyone is spending more on that side of things than us. The players could not be being provided with a better working environment. 

And let's not forget our Academy which was awarded Elite status. One of only two in the Championship. Club Academy Scotland | Performance| Scottish FA

18 hours ago, Hampden Diehard said:

Aye, Neil Lennon is a real winner. 

It's actually only nine games since some people were telling Coyle to f off back to India. How many games do we give managers at QP nowadays before we chase them? Is it six, seven?

This isn't a simple case of a manager taking a bit of time to find his feet. If I thought we'd put together the best squad we possibly could have going into the season and that the manager was deciding on his tactics based on what would be most likely to get a result, then it would be totally different. As it is, we have a self-imposed transfer restriction of not signing players above an arbitrary age limit and the manager's tactics are based on what he believes to be the 'right' way to play, with seemingly no consideration given to the opposition, the league or alternative ways of going about things.

I've said it before, but it bears repeating: for the first time in the club's history, those in charge - in this case the manager and the director of football - aren't doing everything they can to get a winning team out on the park every weekend, as though actual results are of secondary importance to some higher project. And as a supporter of the first team that feels like a kick in the teeth, whatever league we might be playing in.

Players bickering on the field. Fans bickering on social media. Imho, when things are so far off the rails as they are currently, it’s seldom one problem. 

We’ve had three and a half years of shambolic decision-making by the current stewards of the club but that was tolerated with the good fortune of the field performances creating distraction, hope and a fair bit of joy. Now that bogey’s come off the rails too, the misery is compounded. And as always with our club, these days, when leadership and strength are required the committee, the Director of Football and the Chief Executive Officer are all posted missing. 

I’ve never admired people with blind faith. It’s an emotion that intimates no other prospect. Loyalty is a word that suggests some form of repayment, a quid pro quo arrangement. Both versions are being stretched right now but it’s the lack of prospects - where the next win is coming from; who can lift the players around them; who can score a goal - that’s most profound. Loyalty is certainly not being respected, let alone repaid. And this shambles won’t get fixed by one babbling Dutchman alone. 

We were the only Championship team not to get past their lower league opponent on Saturday. Forget Friday, the time for leadership is here already.

25 minutes ago, Skeletar Spider said:

This isn't a simple case of a manager taking a bit of time to find his feet. If I thought we'd put together the best squad we possibly could have going into the season and that the manager was deciding on his tactics based on what would be most likely to get a result, then it would be totally different. As it is, we have a self-imposed transfer restriction of not signing players above an arbitrary age limit and the manager's tactics are based on what he believes to be the 'right' way to play, with seemingly no consideration given to the opposition, the league or alternative ways of going about things.

I've said it before, but it bears repeating: for the first time in the club's history, those in charge - in this case the manager and the director of football - aren't doing everything they can to get a winning team out on the park every weekend, as though actual results are of secondary importance to some higher project. And as a supporter of the first team that feels like a kick in the teeth, whatever league we might be playing in.

Agree with this. There would be an element of being able to accept poor results if you could see green shoots of some sort. There’s nothing. It’s dull, lifeless pish. 

Been to twelve of our fifteen games this season and I think we’ve played attacking, purposeful, entertaining football in one of those. I can accept limited entertainment if it’s accompanied by positive results and I can accept ropey results if there’s a general purpose and sense of direction around what we’re trying to do. However, we’re both boring and shite. There’s a limit to how long that can continue for and I think we’re talking days or weeks, unless there’s a rapid change in trajectory and mood in the camp. 

7 hours ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Aye but we are finally making a decent fist of it whereas your mob are a shower of shite.

Didn't expect Falkirk fans to be getting wide after beating us 1-0 in the diddy cup during one of our worst runs of form in the past decade, while their club continues to lose hundreds of thousands of pounds to maintain full time football in the third tier, but fair play. 

1 hour ago, Zanetti said:

Didn't expect Falkirk fans to be getting wide after beating us 1-0 in the diddy cup during one of our worst runs of form in the past decade, while their club continues to lose hundreds of thousands of pounds to maintain full time football in the third tier, but fair play. 

As I said shower of shite.

23 hours ago, an86 said:

Mate from what I've heard,you are miles off it. Apparently our 1st team aren't allowed near lessers pitch now,they train everyday at lochinch on that terrible astro surface.I pass by lesser most mornings and you can see in from a street outside, they're never on it.Even look at the pics the club posts the day before a game of training, they're on that astro .Something not right I think

22 hours ago, Stuntiethumper said:

And let's not forget our Academy which was awarded Elite status. One of only two in the Championship. Club Academy Scotland | Performance| Scottish FA

That is great and the youths are doing well. However,  re the first team, Inverness have just signed a very experienced midfielder in David Wotherspoon who was available on a free transfer. Why did we not go for him and strengthen our midfield, which is sadly lacking at the moment?

23 minutes ago, spiderman1867 said:

Mate from what I've heard,you are miles off it. Apparently our 1st team aren't allowed near lessers pitch now,they train everyday at lochinch on that terrible astro surface.I pass by lesser most mornings and you can see in from a street outside, they're never on it.Even look at the pics the club posts the day before a game of training, they're on that astro .Something not right I think

Had assumed we were still using it, but I could believe that tbf. Building a “stadium” that isn’t adequate and not being allowed to use the pitch sounds like exactly the sort of thing we’d do. 

4 hours ago, Zanetti said:

A Falkirk friend who is well up in one of fan groups that is putting money in the club pretty much admitted they will be part-time next season if they don't get promoted this time round.

3 minutes ago, Stuntiethumper said:

A Falkirk friend who is well up in one of fan groups that is putting money in the club pretty much admitted they will be part-time next season if they don't get promoted this time round.

No secret that we have been haemorrhaging cash during our extended spell in the diddy leagues.