The Big Queen's Park FC Thread

1 minute ago, Spider Rico said:

So to sum up the last week:

”Dominating” Young Queen’s Park lose 4-0 again

Self promoting articles released about ice baths and our full time “lifestyle coach”

Throwing away a lead at the death against Raith rovers again, because of crazy subs….again

Terrible match day experience for the community and school kids  due to the appalling segregation set up by the club

Every time there’s just the slightest hint of feel good or positivity, we find new ways to take a slash all over it. 

27 minutes ago, EaglesandSpiders said:

What a shitshow eh? 

First off, sounds of laughter and loud conversation from the hospitality section while the entire stadium was observing the two-minute silence was an absolute disgrace. I'll write an email to the club and hopefully it won't happen again. Shameful stuff. 

I have made my opinions loud and clear on Veldman here time and time again. He has turned a promising and talented group of players into a sparring partner for the other teams in the Championship and he needs to go, as any manager who throws away a lead against a ten-men team in the last 5 minutes of a game should. 

Totally Agree.

You can just hear the post match interview: 'We made some good shituations' 

Let's be honest. Not being able to hold a lead for ten minutes against ten men is about game management and that has to lie with the manager. He's not up to the job. He's a first team coach, a good one I'm sure, but not a manager. Zero charisma, zero passion-just a data driven drone. But they won't replace him. 'Puker' knows Louis Van Gaal you know! 

8 minutes ago, Spider Rico said:

So to sum up the last week:

”Dominating” Young Queen’s Park lose 4-0 again

Self promoting articles released about ice baths and our full time “lifestyle coach”

Throwing away a lead at the death against Raith rovers again, because of crazy subs….again

Terrible match day experience for the community and school kids  due to the appalling segregation set up by the club

Agree. There were a bunch of Raith neds at the front 'F...ing' and 'C...ing' at school kids. Why not put them on the other side? Obviously because it's cheaper. I mean they need that money for all Veldman's I-Pads. 

10 minutes ago, Spooky Spider said:

Agree. There were a bunch of Raith neds at the front 'F...ing' and 'C...ing' at school kids. Why not put them on the other side? Obviously because it's cheaper. I mean they need that money for all Veldman's I-Pads. 

Or at least open up some of the centre stand seats as a kids/family section

50 minutes ago, SensibleSpider said:

To be fair this is probably true but maybe taken a bit strangely. 

The players live GPS data will go to the bench, and basically shows if they are in their personal red zone. This isn't just us, this is every team with a top level sport science department. It's just just that for us when the players are puffing, we have no one whatsoever on the bench 😬

I will take a puffing Thomas over a superfit Healy any day. 

I’m not here to brag or that but at 2-1 you should be winning that game but because of your system etc you lot are rotten defensively I must say average conceded goals a game for you is 3..

obviously I’m buzzing for the win and GIRFUY dom Thomas but where do you guys go from here?

5 minutes ago, RRFC_Liam said:

I’m not here to brag or that but at 2-1 you should be winning that game but because of your system etc you lot are rotten defensively I must say average conceded goals a game for you is 3..

obviously I’m buzzing for the win and GIRFUY dom Thomas but where do you guys go from here?

Down

8 minutes ago, Spooky Spider said:

I did email the club about creating a kid's section but they never even bothered to reply. 

That’s par for the course 

Even if you do get a reply on things they either spectacularly miss the point you are trying to make or get incredibly snippy with you for no reason  

That was an absolute disgrace of a performance. 

Positives

- Happy for Paton to get another goal. He looks to be a confidence player, so if we’re to have any chance of making something of this season he needs to feel he can score. 

Negatives

- Veldman’s sh*te game management. 

- 13 games into the season Veldman doesn’t even know his best 4 defenders. 

- Veldman’s sh*te tactics.

- Sh*te segregation planning.

- Disrespect at the minute’s silence.

Regardless of the game management Veldman’s tactics continue to baffle me.

Why kill our momentum and hold play up on the counter allowing other teams to set up? Both our goals today came from when we didn’t do this.

Why instruct players to send crosses into a box packed with 4/5 Raith players & one QP player? It’s either that or the cross doesn’t beat the first man. 

We have some strong attacking players in that side. They’re being shackled by one man’s tactics that just don’t work. 

22 minutes ago, HoustonSpider99 said:

Happy for Paton to get another goal. He looks to be a confidence player, so if we’re to have any chance of making something of this season he needs to feel he can score. 

Some laugh that we’re actually going to get relegated with a guy up top likely to score 20 goals in all comps

Please for Jack Turner also. Despite the horror show at the end, he’s came on significantly the last month in the advanced role. Hopefully he can help relieve the pressure off Paton across the season as I can see Turner hitting double figures on our route to league 1 

Edited by qpfc

7 minutes ago, HoustonSpider99 said:

Negatives

- Sh*te segregation planning.

- Disrespect at the minute’s silence.

Interested in these points.

What was the segregation issue, other than giving us the cheap seats that we pretty much filled?

Wasn't aware of any issues during the silence. Was that within the QP support? 

1 minute ago, HoustonSpider99 said:

Noise & laughter coming from behind the stand inside the directors boxes during the minute’s silence. 

The whisky festival was where the noise was coming from. It was taking place behind us in the suites. 

I know our ‘directors’ aren’t the best, but they are likely old traditionalists, and I highly doubt they wouldn’t respect it. I’m almost certain it was the festival, I’ve been myself a few times and know it’s a loud afternoon.