The Big Queen's Park FC Thread

Any chance we could get a rumour or some news about someone exciting actually joining the club? I was hoping this might be a decent summer of continuity and building for next season, but so far it's looking like the opposite.

3 hours ago, Skeletar Spider said:

The Record is reporting that David Gray is keen to bring in Liam Craig as a first-team coach.

Interesting one. Must admit I liked the look of Craig when he came in. We’ll see how this pans out but felts like another blow & more disruption.

Wonder if Nuijten might have stayed on if there was the prospect of first-team coach? 

On the lack of signings or even rumours of signings, we seem to have the same concerns every year; I'm used to it.

Very sorry to see Bannon go as I thought we'd get another year out of him. Keeping Paton might be the best bit of business we could do.

Apart from hearing about pink and the foo fighters …when are we going to hear about Paton or Bannon and if there is any truth in the rumours? .A lot of changes at Qp with a new director of football and a new head of recruitment….hopefully hear about new signings soon … or any official updates from Queens Park as to what is happening regards the squad for this year and the players that were offered contracts but had not signed? 

5 hours ago, QP MAD said:

Apart from hearing about pink and the foo fighters …when are we going to hear about Paton or Bannon and if there is any truth in the rumours? .A lot of changes at Qp with a new director of football and a new head of recruitment….hopefully hear about new signings soon … or any official updates from Queens Park as to what is happening regards the squad for this year and the players that were offered contracts but had not signed? 

Do a club the size of Queens Park really need a Director of Football and a Head of Recruitment?

Surely the money these guys will be earning would be better spent on a decent player.

7 hours ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Do a club the size of Queens Park really need a Director of Football and a Head of Recruitment?

Surely the money these guys will be earning would be better spent on a decent player.

............ but, but we're massive 🕷️🕸️

8 hours ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Yes, we do. 

8 hours ago, Reggie Perrin said:

I'm not against the idea of a Head of Recruitment if it's done properly; sounds like he's in charge of finding the right players at every level for the club, from young age groups right up to the first team, and there's definitely some benefit to having the same person lead that.

What I don't understand is what the Director of Football's role is now though, as this was part of the previous incumbent's responsibilities. Still, wouldn't shock me if both of these people combined were on a fair bit less cash than the last guy on his own.

26 minutes ago, Zanetti said:

What I don't understand is what the Director of Football's role is now though, as this was part of the previous incumbent's responsibilities. S

I believe the role is more to do with the admin side - contracts etc. Same job title but a different job. Confusing.

7 minutes ago, Hampden Diehard said:

I believe the role is more to do with the admin side - contracts etc. Same job title but a different job. Confusing.

Hopefully also ensuring only eligible players take to the field ............... I know it's about time I let go of this.

1 hour ago, Hampden Diehard said:

Sounds totally unnecessary.

2 hours ago, Zanetti said:

I'm not against the idea of a Head of Recruitment if it's done properly; sounds like he's in charge of finding the right players at every level for the club, from young age groups right up to the first team, and there's definitely some benefit to having the same person lead that.

What I don't understand is what the Director of Football's role is now though, as this was part of the previous incumbent's responsibilities. Still, wouldn't shock me if both of these people combined were on a fair bit less cash than the last guy on his own.

My take on his recruitment was to do more with the Academy. Spotting and recruiting young players and progressing them to the first team. He doesn't look to have the experience to start recruiting first team players. That should surely remain fair and square with Davidson.