The Big Queen's Park FC Thread

7 hours ago, Arachnophile said:

A few other championship teams seem to have been pretty active in the transfer market while we have signed a back up goalie.

Pretty much all our transfers last season were announced in the last 10 days of June so lets hope for a busy couple of weeks. 

I reckon the minimum we need is:, centre back, right back, midfielder & striker,

Reminder that in the supporters' association meeting, shields said there were two signings that were very close to being announced and only needed clearance. Obviously one of these was wills, but we're yet to see the other.

17 hours ago, starshot131 said:

Reminder that in the supporters' association meeting, shields said there were two signings that were very close to being announced and only needed clearance. Obviously one of these was wills, but we're yet to see the other.

Just wait until it's a 17 year old player for the B team.

Hi guys - Portuguese fan here, following the spiders since the Kettlewell years (but never been to Scotland!).

I think that Davidson (and the board) are going to see the first games of the year to see if the kids are up to the task - and if they're not, they'll get some loans in before September. That's the good thing about the League Cup, wich is a sort of friendlies-within-a-competition thing.

In my opinion, he wants to go with a 5-4-1 of:

Ferrie

RWB (at the moment Longridge) - Wilson - Fox - Bannon - Scott

Savoury - Welsh - Thomson - Thomas

Paton

On paper that's an interesting team, only lacking a strong second string of players (especially someone to help / rotate with Paton and a RWB to rotate with Longridge) but considering that the club wants to develop its youth players like Bruce, Reid, Mauchin or  even Turner or McKinstry, it is preferable to have a smaller squad so that they can get some minutes when called upon.

Don't think it's good enough to go up, but good enough to stay without the problems we had last year.

All and all, I just hope that the stripes on the shirt come back next year... Don't mess with something like that again Adidas, please.

13 minutes ago, SpiderFromMars said:

On paper that's an interesting team, only lacking a strong second string of players.

There’s a great spine, but we need squad depth. Injuries happen over a season and there was a stark drop-off in quality when those such as Carse were to come in to the starting XI.

Welsh’s injury issues have been well-documented and we were fortunate to have him fit for the run in.

Imo another striker, RB and CM are ‘Musts’, is the minimum- assuming that guys like Paton and Bannon don’t leave. 

23 minutes ago, SpiderFromMars said:

Hi guys - Portuguese fan here, following the spiders since the Kettlewell years (but never been to Scotland!).

I think that Davidson (and the board) are going to see the first games of the year to see if the kids are up to the task - and if they're not, they'll get some loans in before September. That's the good thing about the League Cup, wich is a sort of friendlies-within-a-competition thing.

In my opinion, he wants to go with a 5-4-1 of:

Ferrie

RWB (at the moment Longridge) - Wilson - Fox - Bannon - Scott

Savoury - Welsh - Thomson - Thomas

Paton

On paper that's an interesting team, only lacking a strong second string of players (especially someone to help / rotate with Paton and a RWB to rotate with Longridge) but considering that the club wants to develop its youth players like Bruce, Reid, Mauchin or  even Turner or McKinstry, it is preferable to have a smaller squad so that they can get some minutes when called upon.

Don't think it's good enough to go up, but good enough to stay without the problems we had last year.

All and all, I just hope that the stripes on the shirt come back next year... Don't mess with something like that again Adidas, please.

Agree with almost all of this. Just need that depth sorted massively as we’re one or two injuries away from a crisis. Teams at the top end of the league always had 2 or 3 solid options to help them throughout the latter stages of games. Raith had excellent depth in midfield/attacking options. Thistle could replace Graham with an Adeloye, whilst United had the likes moult, watt, Middleton, Cudjoe, fotheringham 

Dom Thomas got injured for 3 weeks towards the end of the season and we looked an absolute state all over the pitch. That has to be addressed this summer. 

Becoming increasingly concerned that we’re either not pro active on the availability of players or we’re simply being turned down in favour of others. Only hope is that we’re waiting for contracts to expire before announcing, which may apply for those from down south 

26 minutes ago, Arachnophile said:

so, Alex Bannon -  about 10 days ago, the Record said he was off to Burton Albion... 

image.png.119c184d149a37356a091dfe6ab1a986.png

Since then, they haven't announced him, we haven't announced he's away & he is still in the squad according to the QP website. 

Should we be getting our hopes up?

Communication from the club shabby as always. You have Liam Craig announced by hibs as part of their new look coaching team, yet we’ve said nothing about it 

But Hey, at least they’re quick to announce that ‘Steak pie Saturdays’ are back 🙄

Edited by qpfc

6 minutes ago, Glasgow Diamond said:

Well what can you tell us 🤔........... he fits the McCabe mould but can he play???

He was linked to Celtic, Rangers, and a couple of clubs down south such as Brighton last year but nothing ever panned out. Very lightweight, might be decent eventually but I don't think he's quite ready for this level. Can only assume you guys have promised him game time that we weren't able to as Josh Scott is a much better player.

21 minutes ago, Spider1975 said:

Bruce off to Airdrie.  

Really odd move, that. Never quite did see the potential that had him linked with really big clubs. Very young and probably been offered regular football. Wouldn’t have played ahead of Josh Scott. Be interesting to see how he develops.

33 minutes ago, Spider1975 said:

Bruce off to Airdrie.  

I liked Bruce and felt there was a good player in there but needs a lot more experience to get there. I'd love to know what the "mutually agreed arrangement" means though. Let's hope there's someone sensible working in that area for us now.

1 hour ago, Spider1975 said:

Bruce off to Airdrie.  

Disappointing but as others have said was never ousting Josh Scott after his contract extension. Bruce out of contract but having made him an offer there should be a development fee as am sure he's been with us for years.

14 minutes ago, Grumpy Soo-sider said:

I liked Bruce and felt there was a good player in there but needs a lot more experience to get there. I'd love to know what the "mutually agreed arrangement" means though. Let's hope there's someone sensible working in that area for us now.

Does leave us short of cover if Scott is injured or suspended.

37 minutes ago, Grumpy Soo-sider said:

I took the mutually agreed arrangement to mean compensation had been sorted. He’s with the same agency as most of our signings/McCabe so not too surprising from that angle. I suspect he thinks regular games are more likely at Airdrie and I’m sure the agency are hyping up working with McCabe.

19 minutes ago, Mr November said:

I took the mutually agreed arrangement to mean compensation had been sorted. He’s with the same agency as most of our signings/McCabe so not too surprising from that angle. I suspect he thinks regular games are more likely at Airdrie and I’m sure the agency are hyping up working with McCabe.

With our clubs history, I wish I had your confidence. 😅