The Big Queen's Park FC Thread

Steven MacLean and Barry Nicholson seem good aditions... hopefully the experience they have will help develop the youngsters.

Still missing some signings, though. Or at least maintaining the most interesting prospects and putting them on.

Can't wait to see the first few games!

37 minutes ago, starshot131 said:

Squad numbers aren't always meaningful...
Did we not have Kenny and then Henderson as our "number 9s" in the 22/23 season

To be fair, I think they were both expected to start until Coyle realised they were pish.

32 minutes ago, qpfc said:

Didn’t seem to be any sign of Alex Bannon in the pics or video put up. Hopefully there’s some clarification on whether he’s off in the coming days. Given his absence, would assume the rumours of him leaving are more likely than not ? 

I was hoping to see shots of Grant Savoury sprinting, and also didn't see Danny Wilson. nor Mckinstry.

Edited by Velvet Donkey
How could I forget McKinstry?

17 minutes ago, Velvet Donkey said:

I was hoping to see shots of Grant Savoury sprinting, and also didn't see Danny Wilson. nor Mckinstry.

Going to assume Savoury has some extra bits to do for the last of part of his recovery. Really need him back given the current size of our squad 

If it’s taking this long for Mckinstry to decide whether he sees his future at us then I feel he’s decided to try his luck elsewhere. The guy can’t go through another summer without pre season. He barely looked fit all last season 

Edited by qpfc

21 minutes ago, Velvet Donkey said:

Isn't Danny Wilson the one wearing (previously) Alex Bannon's number 4? That's what he had at previous clubs too.

2 minutes ago, Zanetti said:

Isn't Danny Wilson the one wearing (previously) Alex Bannon's number 4? That's what he had at previous clubs too.

That’s Sean Welsh 

Danny Wilson was often missing from training photos last season….missed a good few games as well. Maybe just doing some separate fitness work as he had that knee thing towards the end of the season 

Only other player I didn’t see that hasn’t been mentioned already is Longridge. Maybe he was training next to all the yet to be announced signings that our highly qualified and connected Director of Football has secured………. 

Not that it would be a surprise to anyone that he’s away but Scott Williamson lined up as a trialist for QOTS in their friendly yesterday.

On 21/06/2024 at 15:45, SpiderFromMars said:

Steven MacLean and Barry Nicholson seem good aditions... hopefully the experience they have will help develop the youngsters.

Still missing some signings, though. Or at least maintaining the most interesting prospects and putting them on.

Can't wait to see the first few games!

I listened to both interviews and was boosted by they way that Maclean and Nicholson spoke , upbeat and positive on Queens Park , the club, the manager, the players, the development, the ambitions and the opportunity's . Nice touch to remember that Davidson turned things around and avoided relegation ( only 3 points / 1 win from 5th place). I'm looking forward to the season ahead.  Hoping that 2 experienced strong attacking midfielders are " on the radar"  with some additional defence signings to bolster up the central back 3 ( or 4) and 1 more forward will  be joining the club in the next few weeks. 

On 22/06/2024 at 12:34, Arachnophile said:

Is there a chance to make this field our "new" home? Or is it public?

Always felt it was a lot more obvious to re-use Cathkin than Lesser...

On 23/06/2024 at 09:08, qpfc said:

Not that it would be a surprise to anyone that he’s away but Scott Williamson lined up as a trialist for QOTS in their friendly yesterday.

I was excited about him joining us but he just didn't get the breaks. Too big a jump, perhaps?

We have a squad  of 20 according to the club website. This figure includes Bannon, Mckinstry &  Williamson.

if these 3 are all off, as seems likely, it leaves us with 17.

19 days until our first league cup match.

51 minutes ago, Claudia Gentile said:

BBC/ Daily Record has Besiktas interested in adding Anton McElhone to GvB's backroom staff. 

Beşiktaş signing someone from Queen's Park? Today is history. 

If it goes through, it sounds like a Brad Friedel signing rather than GvB. McElhone's resume says he worked under Friedel at New England Revolution and Beşiktaş recently signed Friedel as a consultant.