The Big Queen's Park FC Thread

1 minute ago, Arachnophile said:

we don't have any say where we play - let alone Rangers.

Anyway  - -Scottish Fitba' you know how it works

Do you receive income of a fee from the concerts like Pink or any other music concerts at Hampden?  Do you get a fee when the national team plays there for the use of the pitch etc?

1 minute ago, third lanark said:

Do you receive income of a fee from the concerts like Pink or any other music concerts at Hampden?  Do you get a fee when the national team plays there for the use of the pitch etc?

We're paying to use the stadium never mind making any sort of profit out of other events there.

10 minutes ago, Zanetti said:

We're paying to use the stadium never mind making any sort of profit out of other events there.

I hadn’t realised you didn’t get any fee for them - even as a kind of inconvenience fee to yourselves- not so much during the summer but for other times of year such as Scotland playing etc

15 minutes ago, third lanark said:

Do you receive income of a fee from the concerts like Pink or any other music concerts at Hampden?

you'd think we did with the amount the club posted about it fs 😅

2 hours ago, Passionate said:

Is Bruce decent,  we have Mason Hancock in front of him who is excellent,  wouldn't think he would have signed if not guaranteed some sort of game time....  

A weird signing unless of.course Hancock is getting sold which their was rumours of..

I liked him. Hung out to dry by the Dutch charlatans at the start of last season and a pretty shite haircut - but defo a player in there.

Had heard he was away to Rangers so a bit surprised that he’s gone to you guys (no disrespect).

Not sure this is a ringing endorsement for our youth setup / pathway etc. either.

Would we be due some sort of development fee? 

15 minutes ago, third lanark said:

I hadn’t realised you didn’t get any fee for them - even as a kind of inconvenience fee to yourselves- not so much during the summer but for other times of year such as Scotland playing etc

Why would they? Hampden isn't their stadium.

20 minutes ago, QP MAD said:

What are we expecting from Davidsons interview? 

Some light heartened bantering about the weather.

Insistence that we have a good squad, talking up the young players “knocking on the door of the first team”, probably with some reference to this being the club’s philosophy.

Will be interesting to see if he publicly expresses frustration at lack of signings which he no doubt feels. He did last time and since then we’ve only added MacGregor (Hinds was already on board by that point)

On 06/07/2024 at 18:13, Spider1975 said:

Anyone know where we're likely to be seated for the Hibernian game as I notice their website has tickets on sale and, surprise, surprise, no info from QPFC so far.

Bump 🤔

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, GloriousHoops said:

On the Hibs website, at the mo, it's just the two "long" sides that are listed.

Nothing mentioned on the Hibs site re ticketing arrangements for away fans for the three home games listed. Sounds like a Hibs problem rather than a QP one.

On signings, we'll no doubt have a few loanees in and that probably won't be sorted until Premier sides have settled on their own first team squads. The way of it seems to be that Premier sides hoover up the talent, loan out fringe players for a fee, and hope that they blossom. That'll be the way of it until a proper reserve league is reintroduced.

I'd expect us to pick up 3 or 4 in the coming weeks; maybe trialists from the friendlies.

I don't have a problem with our head coach wanting to keep potential signings or trialists out of the limelight in case other sides snap them up, so I'm guardedly comfortable with the lack of "news" re the pre season games, infuriating as it is.  However, I'm hoping that there will be a marked improvement in communication this year on all matters concerning the Club. I hope to be pleasantly surprised; sad and, probably , naive, in equal measures, ain't I?

Let's not kid ourselves, the Hampden situation re the use of the pitch between us and our esteemed south side neighbours will be resolved above our heads. If we end up playing on a few Fridays at the start of the seat, I don't have a particular problem with that provided we get something out of it, whatever that may be. Friday nights at Hampden will be a joy compared to Friday nights at Ochilview.

Edited by Hampden Diehard

10 minutes ago, Spider Rico said:

Sorry but the keeping things secret “in case other teams snap them up” argument went out the window in 2019 

Aye that’s ludicrous patter. Agents will be trying to punt their clients to everyone.