The Big Queen's Park FC Thread

3 hours ago, On the bench said:

For me the most frustrating thing is that apart from the support there seems little or no appetite to do anything about it.

We seem to be sleepwalking down the road to the inevitable day when the “goodwill” of either our benefactor or the SFA runs out and we are left staring down the abyss with a stadium unfit for purpose and no cash to rectify it.

At least when that day comes you can think back to the good ol' days when you spaffed £5M up the wall to pay the likes of Dom Thomas £2K a week to finish 8th in the Championship. Such great memories.

4 hours ago, an86 said:

However perplexed everyone is looking from the outside, I can honestly say it’s minuscule in comparison to the rage/frustration QP fans feel. It actually pisses me off every time I walk past it, which is often. A monument to incompetence and missed opportunity. 

Same, I walk past taking my daughter to and from nursery. The initial design all looked promising, then witnessing them trying tp extend the existing stand down to the track and making an arse of that, the lack of progress at the east side of the ground. The lead contractor frequently being asleep in his company branded range rover as we'd walk past in the mornings and afternoons. None that really pointed to things ending well. 

Would be happy with that. He’s not a world beater but seems the type of player, if he gets a couple of early goals, he might score a fair whack. Likewise he could easily end up being a donkey given he’s had spells of being exactly that 

Takes the pressure off Paton which is nice 

1 minute ago, qpfc said:

Would be happy with that. He’s not a world beater but seems the type of player, if he gets a couple of early goals, he might score a fair whack. Likewise he could easily end up being a donkey given he’s had spells of being exactly that 

Unless he is a replacement for Paton. 😬

4 minutes ago, Adam Rendall said:

Rudden and Paton upfront, with Dom/Savoury or Macgregor supporting. 

Not bad eh.

Aiming to win every game 5-4 this season. Works for me

8 hours ago, Zanetti said:

Three, which is what's meant to be happening this year as well, two in the League Cup then the first league game as well.

We definitely can use Lesser, there's nothing actually stopping us, it's just absolutely tiny. Holds 900 odd, which would significantly limit both home and away fans being able to attend.

People can complain about Rangers or the SFA as much as they want but if we end up getting screwed over here the only people to blame are the decision makers at our own club. It was entirely predictable that not having an actual long term plan for where we'll be playing would cause issues eventually.

Knew Lesser Hampden was small but that’s absolutely wild it only holds 900! Surely the whole point of going professional and selling Hampden was to set the club up to survive and even thrive in the new pyramid system. That had to start with a ground that was fit for your ambitions of Championship / Premiership football. The old 10k seats rule is long gone so a simple 4k-ish capacity (standing and seating) would have been fine for the foreseeable.  Absolutely mind boggling your board have spunked a fortune on a hospitality lounge yet neglected the actual stadium while trying to put a team on the pitch to challenge for top flight. Genuinely fear your Hampden money will just get pissed up the wall unless your board put it into bricks and mortar. 

Anyway I hope you get something sorted for this season as it’s shite that Rangers incompetence might effect your club negatively. 

4 hours ago, qpfc said:

Lol

1 hour ago, Velvet Donkey said:

I can understand no mention of Mckinstry given the situation, but not sure why the question of Grant Savoury isn't even being asked. Did I miss it?

What happened to mckinstry as apparently we were one of the clubs looking at him?  We he may have been on a higher wage that we couldn’t match

7 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

Feels very much like when we lost Dipo, near impossible to replace a 20 goal a season striker at this level. 

We'll have found a way to get less than half what you did for him, even though Paton's younger, has considerably longer left on his contract, and is going to play at a higher level.