The Big Queen's Park FC Thread

10 hours ago, Spidersmad said:

It's going to get quite crowded on Haughey Hill in Letherby Drive on match days. I wonder if the police will step in?

Actually so far all we've got to go on is a sub literate article in the Daily Ranger but it does seem to be worryingly detailed in parts. I'm sure our president and committee will clarify the situation today.

hope not, friendly against celtic all that seemed to happen was wee diddies taking stuff off the neighbours skip, planks of wood, artifical grass etc. to sit on

oh, and someone running away from a steward after catching the ball when it got booted out the ground for 5 mins

they did make quite the mess afterwards tbf with litter

13 hours ago, Spider Rico said:

The Scottish Sun Sport twitter is reporting that Danny Wilson has agreed a mutual contact termination………

So make that 3 centre halfs we now need

The timing of this is really, really weird, if it's not been a fall-out on Tuesday night I wonder whether his wage is needed elsewhere?  I thought he was okay & that's about it, a competent addition but probably not proportionately worth the significant wage he was on.

Tizzard is ok and far better than under RV but still has 'moments'. Reid looks like he's spent the last 6 months in the gym - an imposing unit but was really, really easily turned on Tuesday and only looked comfortable when assisted by either Wilson or Scott.  With Fox out and the 3-5-2 looking really timid on Tuesday I'd hope we pair up Kerr with AN Other at CB and move Mauchin to RB but have the fear that the 3-5-2 will prevail and that Jack Thomson will end up back there again.

46 minutes ago, Spider1975 said:

Jack Thomson will end up back there again.

I think that is a certainty given our current predicament. A pity as he really strengthens our midfield when he plays there.

48 minutes ago, Spider1975 said:

The timing of this is really, really weird, if it's not been a fall-out on Tuesday night I wonder whether his wage is needed elsewhere?  I thought he was okay & that's about it, a competent addition but probably not proportionately worth the significant wage he was on.

Tizzard is ok and far better than under RV but still has 'moments'. Reid looks like he's spent the last 6 months in the gym - an imposing unit but was really, really easily turned on Tuesday and only looked comfortable when assisted by either Wilson or Scott.  With Fox out and the 3-5-2 looking really timid on Tuesday I'd hope we pair up Kerr with AN Other at CB and move Mauchin to RB but have the fear that the 3-5-2 will prevail and that Jack Thomson will end up back there again.

I hope Tuesday is the last we see of three at the back. How many times was Molotnikov one-on-one with Tizzard in the first half? We have the personnel to play 4-2-3-1 with Welsh and Thomson protecting the centre-backs, and the full-backs not having to provide all the attacking width means that our young centre-backs won't constantly be exposed any time our opponents attack on the flanks.

Clearly Hibs are far, far better than any team in the Championship, but if Davidson persists with the back three, any team with decent wingers will beat us every time.

Ferrie

Kerr / Tizzard / Reid / Scott

Welsh / Thomson

Thomas / Turner / Hinds

Rudden

Fox, McGregor, Mauchin, Longridge, McLeish and Savoury on the bench or to come back from injury (am I forgetting anyone?). We urgently need another centre-back, obviously, but that aside I think we have a team that's not going to win the league, but we shouldn't be getting relegated either. And I'd be OK with that.

And I thought Tizzard did pretty well on Tuesday in the circumstances. He doesn't look fully fit, but there's plenty of time to get him games before the league starts.

15 minutes ago, Velvet Donkey said:

This certainly shows a desire. Encouraging: Queen's Park seek nominations for Supporter Liaison Positions | Queen's Park Football Club (queensparkfc.co.uk)

The club are looking to appoint two Supporter Liaison Officers (SLO’s).

A start but the position should not be voluntary. It is more important than that and should be recognised as such. This could easily turn into a lump of sugar and pat on the head or abdication of responsibilities.

52 minutes ago, Alan Twelve said:

I hope Tuesday is the last we see of three at the back. How many times was Molotnikov one-on-one with Tizzard in the first half? We have the personnel to play 4-2-3-1 with Welsh and Thomson protecting the centre-backs, and the full-backs not having to provide all the attacking width means that our young centre-backs won't constantly be exposed any time our opponents attack on the flanks.

Clearly Hibs are far, far better than any team in the Championship, but if Davidson persists with the back three, any team with decent wingers will beat us every time.

Ferrie

Kerr / Tizzard / Reid / Scott

Welsh / Thomson

Thomas / Turner / Hinds

Rudden

Fox, McGregor, Mauchin, Longridge, McLeish and Savoury on the bench or to come back from injury (am I forgetting anyone?). We urgently need another centre-back, obviously, but that aside I think we have a team that's not going to win the league, but we shouldn't be getting relegated either. And I'd be OK with that.

You need to stop posting common sense posts my friend, it might catch on 

3 minutes ago, williebraveheart said:

A start but the position should not be voluntary. It is more important than that and should be recognised as such. This could easily turn into a lump of sugar and pat on the head or abdication of responsibilities.

Does the SLO get a seat in the Royal Box?

2 minutes ago, williebraveheart said:

Definitely understand your concens but as far as I'm aware SLO is a voluntary position far more often than not across the country, even at Premiership clubs.

With Wilson away and Fox injured (any idea when we can expect him back?) we are very exposed at the back. I think Tizzard has talent and has been improving since RV left. He had a great game up at Inverness last season and I'd like to see more of that. Reid, too, is getting there but right now we need experience in there in the style that Wilson was able to show in the run in at the end of last season. To get the right person might take a bit of effort and cash but it is essential that we shore up the defence.  Despite Ferrie, we shipped a load of goals last season as it is - we need to improve.

2 hours ago, an86 said:

SLO’s should be selected by the supporters. Not the club. Sending a CV? Gie’s peace. 

hahahaha yeah that's what i was thinking. how is handing in a CV to someone at the club going to convey 'drive, enthusiasm, and a desire to develop and enhance communication between the club and our supporters? '

Just now, adamqpfc said:

hahahaha yeah that's what i was thinking. how is handing in a CV to someone at the club going to convey 'drive, enthusiasm, and a desire to develop and enhance communication between the club and our supporters? '

It’s the whole club in microcosm. “We know best.” No meaningful say for punters. They should be getting who the supporters select. It’s an entirely meaningless role if they’re the ones selecting. 

2 hours ago, an86 said:

SLO’s should be selected by the supporters. Not the club. Sending a CV? Gie’s peace. 

Am not so sure having now read up on this role on the Supporters Direct website...." SLO's are employed / appointed by the club and are not supporter representives".

My instinct was to agree with your sentiments.

1 minute ago, CathcartSkins said:

Am not so sure having now read up on this role on the Supporters Direct website...." SLO's are employed / appointed by the club and are not supporter representives".

My instinct was to agree with your sentiments.

The club can appoint who the supporters select. Give the fans an actual voice, rather than them deciding who is worthy. In my view, it should also be gender balanced as well. 

Given the club's record, it is very easy to be cynical about the SLO thing. I'm going to try and avoid that and give the club the benefit of the doubt. It has no chance of working unless we get fans who really care about the club applying for the positions.  

I await with interest how it all pans out.