The Big Queen's Park FC Thread

9 minutes ago, Zanetti said:

There has to be a clause in the loan deal meaning he's not eligible to play, surely?

You would really like to think so, but I'm not putting any money on it

23 minutes ago, Les Cabbage said:

Bought 2 tickets online for the game tomorrow, anyone aware of why the confirmation email/e-ticket hasn’t come through? Any problems or delays with that regard?

Cheers

Have you checked your spam/junk mail folder?

13 minutes ago, EaglesandSpiders said:

I thought we would sign a couple of players this week, starting with Ujdur, considering many people reported seeing him in QP kit in the Elgin game. 

Wasn't our new DoF meant to solve this exact issue we seem to have with getting contracts etc finalised in a more timely manner?

13 minutes ago, BatesonQP said:

Wasn't our new DoF meant to solve this exact issue we seem to have with getting contracts etc finalised in a more timely manner?

You would think so. Don't know how these things work but did wonder if Ujdur's delay had something to do with international clearance or similar.

30 minutes ago, EaglesandSpiders said:

I thought we would sign a couple of players this week, starting with Ujdur, considering many people reported seeing him in QP kit in the Elgin game. 

Just watched the pre-match interview (https://youtu.be/0lmaXC6EQn4).
Seemingly paperwork issues (presumably work permit for ujdur) as well as "fitness"
Might be a lesser Stuart McKinstry situation where there are guys that haven't trained at all since the end of May and need to be checked by the club or whatever

Regardless he sounds pretty certain that a few signings will be happening

10 hours ago, Zanetti said:

There has to be a clause in the loan deal meaning he's not eligible to play, surely?

Loan players can't play against their parent club in Scotland, even if both parties wanted them to for some reason. 

Edited by Claudia Gentile

33 minutes ago, Claudia Gentile said:

Loan players can't play against their parent club in Scotland, even if both parties wanted them to, for some peculiar reason. 

Nothing peculiar about it. It is a perfectly sensible rule, which removes ANY potential doubt about honesty or divided loyalties before they happen.

14 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Nothing peculiar about it. It is a perfectly sensible rule, which removes ANY potential doubt about honesty or divided loyalties before they happen.

I meant it would be peculiar if the parent club  wanted the loanee to play against them.

Going into the summer I’d have said our priority positions for recruitment were right back, centre half, centre mid and striker. With Kerr, Ujdur, MacGregor and Rudden those slots are filled really well I think……….however that initial assessment was before we lost all three of Bannon, Fox and Wilson plus both of Paton and Sheridan. So we are still behind where we need to be in terms of squad depth 

2 hours ago, Grumpy Soo-sider said:

Great news!  Does this mean that if we sign one more player from Caley, they get to train at Lochinch too?

I thought it was a sign 4 get 1 free offer.

( Not Longstaff )