The Big Queen's Park FC Thread

4 minutes ago, EaglesandSpiders said:

We scored 16 goals in 4 competitive matches since signing Rudden and he scored only one of them. I find this a little concerning. 

Could have scored 16 just against us today 🙈

2 minutes ago, EaglesandSpiders said:

We scored 16 goals in 4 competitive matches since signing Rudden and he scored only one of them. I find this a little concerning. 

I get what you mean but rudden’s all round game the last couple matches has been outstanding, a real candidate for motm today for me. Does so much in terms of stretching defences which helps get the most out of Thomas, turner and Macgregor. We struggled last season to get many goals outwith Paton so if it means getting a wider spread of goals then I’m all for it 

6 minutes ago, EaglesandSpiders said:

I'm not so sure. Rudden as the CF get's a lot of attention, pulling defenders away and freeing up the others. Five of today's goals came from midfield. Great to see.

16 minutes ago, EaglesandSpiders said:

This is Rudden's strong point. He is able to stretch defences and hold up play for others to get into scoring positions. Today was a prime example. Rudden was excellent and we scored six goals.

Thought we were phenomenal today. McGregor, Thomas and Turner will cause just about everyone trouble this year. Still think our starting 11 is very solid; flesh it out a bit and I'll be feeling fairly optimistic.

56 minutes ago, EaglesandSpiders said:

You're concerned about our forwards after we've scored 16 goals?

54 minutes ago, EaglesandSpiders said:

Not concerning in the slightest.

He will bring players into the game, keep a couple defenders busy, whilst assisting a couple of goals each game.

Let's not get carried away.

We were shockingly bad at Easter Road, but we've done what we should have done against the lower league sides. Lots of goals, which is terrific. It could have been ten today; ditto the Elgin game.

Anyone remember us getting through one of these groups before?

I understand the concern about Rudden, it's a pretty significant change in approach from having a goalscorer like Paton and to be honest we still need another striker. I'm also confident that the things he offers are a fantastic addition to the squad we already have, with so many other creative guys who can put the ball in the net. I think he'll score considerably less than Ruari did, but he'll enable other players to find the back of the net more too.

Just now, Hampden Diehard said:

Let's not get carried away.

We were shockingly bad at Easter Road, but we've done what we should have done against the lower league sides. Lots of goals, which is terrific. It could have been ten today; ditto the Elgin game.

I'm hoping the Easter road result teaches Davidson a lesson actually

We've played brilliantly when we've tried to go forward and attack, even against better opposition in Celtic. When we tried to park the bus we got gubbed. Hopefully he realises that we have players that can get forward, be creative, and score. I don't want to see us grinding out 0-0s over the season, would much rather take some big losses in exchange for big wins 

1 hour ago, starshot131 said:

I'm hoping the Easter road result teaches Davidson a lesson actually

We've played brilliantly when we've tried to go forward and attack, even against better opposition in Celtic. When we tried to park the bus we got gubbed. Hopefully he realises that we have players that can get forward, be creative, and score. I don't want to see us grinding out 0-0s over the season, would much rather take some big losses in exchange for big wins 

An excellent performance today. Man of the Match was the Kelty keeper.

I

I went along today for no other reason than to see a game at the new Lesser. Was very impressed by Queen's, they seemed utterly relentless in the first half and for large spells of the second. Play like that in the league and they'll be in for a good season. I'd also nominate the Kelty keeper for MotM, had some superb saves in the early flurry and was unlucky that what seemed to be an exceptional one (I was at the southern end of the stand!) in the second rebounded straight to a hooped shirt for a goal.

They need to work on the spectator flows mind - two gates open at the one end took a while to clear the crowds waiting to get in. The turnstiles themselves seemed to confuse a lot of people too (me included!).

5 hours ago, Zanetti said:

Thought we were phenomenal today. McGregor, Thomas and Turner will cause just about everyone trouble this year. Still think our starting 11 is very solid; flesh it out a bit and I'll be feeling fairly optimistic.

Agreed CD still optimistic of getting another couple in on repeat! Could be a long season for Kelty Hearts on that showing how on earth did they beat Hibs 🤯

15 hours ago, EaglesandSpiders said:

Don’t only judge a striker by their ability to score mate, sometimes their overall team contribution is more significant. 

That said, my pals told me he’ll need 3 good chances before he scores 1, which might be true. 

15 minutes ago, Adam Rendall said:

Who are we wanting to draw?

Celtic or Rangers for some tv money or an “easier tie” ?

St Mirren would be decent. Can't remember the last time we played them competitively so would feel like something new.  Ross County without Murray and Danda isn't as daunting as before so we might have a chance.  Save one of the OF for the final 😅