The Big Queen's Park FC Thread

16 minutes ago, Grumpy Soo-sider said:

Hey! - The 'monstrosity' is "bigger and better" than the 1,000 seats that were previously planned for the west side of the ground. And we (allegedly) have the best chandelier in Scottish football.

GnuBQGH.jpeg

9 hours ago, GloriousHoops said:

I've got in my mind him starting playing fullback/wingback on one side at the start of a game and then switching sides after a substitution.

Mmm, I thought he’d played either L or RB vs Airdrie away back in L1, (2-0 from memory)

Season tickets went on general sale on Thursday 11th July and there have been precisely zero posts on the club's social media accounts advertising season tickets since that date.

It would be pretty embarrassing if not for the fact that it's probably out of necessity, as due to the stadium uncertainty surrounding this season we might end up at Lesser more often, which would then make the situation an absolute disgrace.

6 hours ago, Dave said:

Season tickets went on general sale on Thursday 11th July and there have been precisely zero posts on the club's social media accounts advertising season tickets since that date.

It would be pretty embarrassing if not for the fact that it's probably out of necessity, as due to the stadium uncertainty surrounding this season we might end up at Lesser more often, which would then make the situation an absolute disgrace.

Given the loss of revenue expected due to the necessitated use of Lesser rather than Hampden, if Rangers aren’t making it extremely lucrative for us to give up potential season ticket sales and significant travelling fan ticket sales, then we really will be beyond parody.

On 28/07/2024 at 08:22, behindthelens said:

See just watching this, I've lost track on your situation a little bit.  Does that now mean that Lesser Hampden is your new permanent home & you plan playing all your Championship games there ?  And what happens if you were to get promoted to the Premiership, I'm assuming they're not seriously proposing playing there, so is there some kind of agreement you'd be using your old home , and presumably pay the SFA a rent of some kind... is that the kind of idea ?

36 minutes ago, BrigtonClyde said:

See just watching this, I've lost track on your situation a little bit.  Does that now mean that Lesser Hampden is your new permanent home & you plan playing all your Championship games there ?  And what happens if you were to get promoted to the Premiership, I'm assuming they're not seriously proposing playing there, so is there some kind of agreement you'd be using your old home , and presumably pay the SFA a rent of some kind... is that the kind of idea ?

If you have any ideas please pass them on to our President and committee as they don't seem to have any.

1 hour ago, BrigtonClyde said:

I believe the party line is that lesser is the temporary home, until rangers leave hampden. At that point we will move back to hampden and continue to play there until the sfa decide to throw us under the bus again. There was talk that temp stands would be put up at lesser (because it looks like hampden will be out of use for us for a good while) to make it more fit to play in at a championship level, but nothing anywhere close to confirmed.

2 hours ago, BrigtonClyde said:

The plan is we get promoted. Sell Lesser Hampden for a tenner and a bag of crisps. Move to Lochinch. Re-develop it but accidentally end up with a wedding venue instead of a football stadium. It's disastrous for the fans but we take consolation in that we still have a nice chandelier in the function suite.

Edited by Stuntiethumper

38 minutes ago, Stuntiethumper said:

The plan is we get promoted. Sell Lesser Hampden for a tenner and a bag of crisps. Move to Lochinch. Re-develop it but accidentally end up with a wedding venue instead of a football stadium. It's disastrous for the fans but we take consolidation in that we still have a nice chandelier in the function suite.

I don't know if I'm being overly-ambitious, but do you think the wedding venue might accommodate an extra turnstile?

Queen's have an agreement with the SFA to play all their first team home fixtures at Hampden from September 14th onwards (starting v Morton). On July 16th an article appeared in the Daily Record which said that Queen's were voluntarily giving way to Rangers for as long as the Ibrox club needed Hampden. This included QP turning down an offer to ground share Hampden with Rangers.

So far there has been no comment from the Queen's President or committee on this article or on the issues which it brought up. It was subsequently announced that Rangers will play Motherwell at Hampden on Saturday August 10th. Queen's then announced in the tersest possible way that the QP league game v Livingston due to be played at Lesser on that date will now take place on Friday 9th August. So far that is still the only Queen's league game scheduled for Lesser.

All subsequent QP home fixtures are still due to be played at Hampden according to the fixture list on the Queen's website. Season tickets and hospitality packages have been sold on that understanding. However QP season ticket sales on the website have been "frozen" without explanation for a few weeks.

Drone footage on YouTube shows that the construction work at Ibrox is proceeding at a glacial pace and it is likely that Rangers will be unable to move back in for some considerable time. If the Record article is accurate (I know, I know) then the Queen's President and Committee may (we don't know do we?) have volunteered to play a series of Championship home fixtures in a totally unsuitable venue. The thought of games v the likes of Morton, Ayr, Hamilton and Partick being played in front of a maximum of 959 spectators is mind bending. That takes us up to the end of October. If the work on Ibrox drags on until Christmas then games v Dunfermline, Falkirk, Airdrie and Raith will be similarly affected.

46 minutes ago, Stuntiethumper said:

The plan is we get promoted. Sell Lesser Hampden for a tenner and a bag of crisps. Move to Lochinch. Re-develop it but accidentally end up with a wedding venue instead of a football stadium. It's disastrous for the fans but we take consolidation in that we still have a nice chandelier in the function suite.

I trust there will be tight security on the door to ensure none of the bridesmaids steals the chandelier.

1 hour ago, starshot131 said:

I believe the party line is that lesser is the temporary home, until rangers leave hampden. At that point we will move back to hampden and continue to play there until the sfa decide to throw us under the bus again. There was talk that temp stands would be put up at lesser (because it looks like hampden will be out of use for us for a good while) to make it more fit to play in at a championship level, but nothing anywhere close to confirmed.

I thought the situation was that you'd sold Hampden to the SFA and used the money to help develop Lesser Hampden.  Is there some sort of an ongoing agreement that you can use the old place whenever needed, like last season, and do the SFA charge for that usage ?  What they've built up the west side of LD is bizarre, but does seem the general consensus among your support isn't too impressed by what's going on.  As I said, just curious, lost track a bit with the latest

4 minutes ago, BrigtonClyde said:

I thought the situation was that you'd sold Hampden to the SFA and used the money to help develop Lesser Hampden.  Is there some sort of an ongoing agreement that you can use the old place whenever needed, like last season, and do the SFA charge for that usage ?  What they've built up the west side of LD is bizarre, but does seem the general consensus among your support isn't too impressed by what's going on.  As I said, just curious, lost track a bit with the latest

Not whenever needed, Hampden is our registered home ground this season just like it was last year.

6 minutes ago, Spidersmad said:

Queen's have an agreement with the SFA to play all their first team home fixtures at Hampden from September 14th onwards (starting v Morton). On July 16th an article appeared in the Daily Record which said that Queen's were voluntarily giving way to Rangers for as long as the Ibrox club needed Hampden. This included QP turning down an offer to ground share Hampden with Rangers.

So far there has been no comment from the Queen's President or committee on this article or on the issues which it brought up. It was subsequently announced that Rangers will play Motherwell at Hampden on Saturday August 10th. Queen's then announced in the tersest possible way that the QP league game v Livingston due to be played at Lesser on that date will now take place on Friday 9th August. So far that is still the only Queen's league game scheduled for Lesser.

All subsequent QP home fixtures are still due to be played at Hampden according to the fixture list on the Queen's website. Season tickets and hospitality packages have been sold on that understanding. However QP season ticket sales on the website have been "frozen" without explanation for a few weeks.

Drone footage on YouTube shows that the construction work at Ibrox is proceeding at a glacial pace and it is likely that Rangers will be unable to move back in for some considerable time. If the Record article is accurate (I know, I know) then the Queen's President and Committee may (we don't know do we?) have volunteered to play a series of Championship home fixtures in a totally unsuitable venue. The thought of games v the likes of Morton, Ayr, Hamilton and Partick being played in front of a maximum of 959 spectators is mind bending. That takes us up to the end of October. If the work on Ibrox drags on until Christmas then games v Dunfermline, Falkirk, Airdrie and Raith will be similarly affected.

Right I see.  Seem to remember many years ago Rangers played some home games at Hampden while Ibrox was being redeveloped.   So this ongoing understanding with the SFA who presumably now own the place, is that a written agreement, is there a time period agreed and is it on some kind of rental basis ?   All seems a bit vague looking from the outside, but you fellas will likely have a better idea

1 minute ago, Zanetti said:

Not whenever needed, Hampden is our registered home ground this season just like it was last year.

OK understood, so do you rent it from them and pay a fee for that, or is there some kind of special dispensation agreed, perhaps as part of the original deal?  

1 minute ago, BrigtonClyde said:

No-one really knows what the agreement surrounding Hampden is, other than those involved with the board (I hope to god at least they know)
Obviously we weren't using Hampden up until last season, and played 2 and a half seasons at random central belt locations, but then last season we moved back in, with the message from the club being that this was where they saw us playing moving forward.
It looks from the outside like the SFA have the power to tell QP whether we are or aren't playing at Hampden on a game-by-game basis, even though it is our registered home ground for the season. Where we play instead is up to us. Lesser is better than Ochilview from my point of view, but it's nowhere near fit for purpose for when the league starts back, and even less so should we get promoted

Just now, BrigtonClyde said:

Right I see.  Seem to remember many years ago Rangers played some home games at Hampden while Ibrox was being redeveloped.   So this ongoing understanding with the SFA who presumably now own the place, is that a written agreement, is there a time period agreed and is it on some kind of rental basis ?   All seems a bit vague looking from the outside, but you fellas will likely have a better idea

It's just as vague for us. We really would love to know more about what the hell's going on, but no information bar the absolute minimum of where we will be playing a couple of weeks down the line is provided by the club.
With regards to rent, I assume there is rent being paid, although how much I have no clue. The SFA uses lesser for the national teams' training venue, so I believe that is a part of the deal.
This has happened in the past, as it happened with Celtic a few years back and we had to play up at Airdrie, so playing at Hampden has obvious downsides