The Big Queen's Park FC Thread

1 hour ago, EaglesandSpiders said:

And does that mean we get free half-time pies? 

Only if you are related to the bridal party. Otherwise cold hard cash and don't take the piss with the sauces and napkins. These chandeliers don't pay for themselves you know. 

1 hour ago, bridgeofweirdo said:

So glad to have been around to witness that game - still brings a smile...

I missed the Aberdeen game due to a family bereavement. Selfish b*****d…….

1 hour ago, starshot131 said:

No-one really knows what the agreement surrounding Hampden is, other than those involved with the board (I hope to god at least they know)
Obviously we weren't using Hampden up until last season, and played 2 and a half seasons at random central belt locations, but then last season we moved back in, with the message from the club being that this was where they saw us playing moving forward.
It looks from the outside like the SFA have the power to tell QP whether we are or aren't playing at Hampden on a game-by-game basis, even though it is our registered home ground for the season. Where we play instead is up to us. Lesser is better than Ochilview from my point of view, but it's nowhere near fit for purpose for when the league starts back, and even less so should we get promoted

It's just as vague for us. We really would love to know more about what the hell's going on, but no information bar the absolute minimum of where we will be playing a couple of weeks down the line is provided by the club.
With regards to rent, I assume there is rent being paid, although how much I have no clue. The SFA uses lesser for the national teams' training venue, so I believe that is a part of the deal.
This has happened in the past, as it happened with Celtic a few years back and we had to play up at Airdrie, so playing at Hampden has obvious downsides

Ah I see. That's true actually, the NT do use LD so you'd have to assume that's taken into consideration, although I suppose ultimately as the SFA own it, you're at their mercy as to how and when you get usage....unless there is some kind of guarantees in a legally binding agreement

Doesn't sound great, and I assume Rangers got the nod as they'll pay a lot more...money talks....but good luck with it all anyway. 

shocking if the Spiders have to move away from Hampden just because the club footed illiterate mob from the south side can't get O'Reilly's to do the building work on time.  I was fair looking forward to pay less for a pie and bovril at Hampden than we now do at the Fawkirk Stadium.

ps, bring your credit cards this Friday, Pie Sports who do the catering are out to rob you

Edited by ChrispPancake

54 minutes ago, ChrispPancake said:

shocking if the Spiders have to move away from Hampden just because the club footed illiterate mob from the south side can't get O'Reilly's to do the building work on time.  I was fair looking forward to pay less for a pie and bovril at Hampden than we now do at the Fawkirk Stadium.

ps, bring your credit cards this Friday, Pie Sports who do the catering are out to rob you

Believe it or not the bovril is slightly more expensive at Hampden. That is the national stadium though 

4 hours ago, ChrispPancake said:

Pie Sports also did Thistle from memory, (somewhere else we did our Littlest Hobo routine at) and I can assure you they were far cheaper than Hampden.  Hampden are also considerably more expensive than even Hibs were a few weeks ago too.  Don’t be going thinking you’re paying for quality either.

You'll also find the standard of frisking for entry to the ground second to none too!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/articles/crgr4w4p9exo

"Hope" to play at Ibrox after the international break...  "subject to slippage"... "when I think about timelines, it's aspirational"... "I'm caveating there is still uncertainty"...

I have to laugh a bit because we've got bang-average project managers in work and this is exactly the kind of pish that they hit out with...

Basically everyone is Scottish football knows there's no chance of Ibrox being ready but all we've had on the matter is 72 words a fortnight ago. 

It's really not good enough. 

2 minutes ago, Anonymous Spider said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/articles/crgr4w4p9exo

"Hope" to play at Ibrox after the international break...  "subject to slippage"... "when I think about timelines, it's aspirational"... "I'm caveating there is still uncertainty"...

I have to laugh a bit because we've got bang-average project managers in work and this is exactly the kind of pish that they hit out with...

Basically everyone is Scottish football knows there's no chance of Ibrox being ready but all we've had on the matter is 72 words a fortnight ago. 

It's really not good enough. 

I will await the reaction from QP in their statement which I expect to see today
image.png.c686f33e286288fc7d2db3e36088f1d8.png

Edited by Arachnophile

10 minutes ago, Arachnophile said:

I will await the reaction from QP in their statement which I expect to see today
image.png.c686f33e286288fc7d2db3e36088f1d8.png

We've got more chance of security at Hampden smiling than we have of a club statement.

15 minutes ago, Grumpy Soo-sider said:

We've got more chance of security at Hampden smiling than we have of a club statement.

I’m sure any statement we do receive will be full of self-awareness, contrition and understanding of the frustrations of supporters. Stay patient. 

I have to give QP supporters credit. Often when clubs have questionable people making the decisions and leaving fans out in the cold, if it involves the team being even slightly more successful on the park despite the alarm bells, most fanbases will turn a blind eye. The QP fans however have saw through this shit show from day one.

17 hours ago, Spider1975 said:

Given the loss of revenue expected due to the necessitated use of Lesser rather than Hampden, if Rangers aren’t making it extremely lucrative for us to give up potential season ticket sales and significant travelling fan ticket sales, then we really will be beyond parody.

If Rangers are going to still play at Hampden, till at least Christmas they should pay for a temp stand at the north end of Lesser, which would seat 1,000 fans so that we can get more revenue from away fans.

15 minutes ago, Dooflick said:

If Rangers are going to still play at Hampden, till at least Christmas they should pay for a temp stand at the north end of Lesser, which would seat 1,000 fans so that we can get more revenue from away fans.

File under "clutching at straws." It's too late to install temporary stands before the league season starts and I have a feeling that Rangers will be under no obligation to reward Queen's for rolling over to them. If there is any truth in that Record article then the alleged "willingness to help out" on the part of Haughey and Shields will result in a massive setback to the development of QPFC. The interests of the club and its supporters are apparently not an overriding priority for the current QP custodians.

2 minutes ago, Spidersmad said:

File under "clutching at straws." It's too late to install temporary stands before the league season starts and I have a feeling that Rangers will be under no obligation to reward Queen's for rolling over to them. If there is any truth in that Record article then the alleged "willingness to help out" on the part of Haughey and Shields will result in a massive setback to the development of QPFC. The interests of the club and its supporters are apparently not an overriding priority for the current QP custodians.

There’s something about the “willingness to help out” line that doesn’t quite smell right. The big question is whether we had a binding legal agreement in place. It may be perceived as less embarrassing to pretend to be seen to play the Good Samaritan than it would have be to say we didn’t have a proper agreement in place. Again, speculation will swirl as the club remains silent. 

If and, of course, it’s a huge *if* we didn’t have a binding agreement to play at Hampden, that leaves people within the football club with big questions to answer. 

36 minutes ago, an86 said:

There’s something about the “willingness to help out” line that doesn’t quite smell right. The big question is whether we had a binding legal agreement in place. It may be perceived as less embarrassing to pretend to be seen to play the Good Samaritan than it would have be to say we didn’t have a proper agreement in place. Again, speculation will swirl as the club remains silent. 

If and, of course, it’s a huge *if* we didn’t have a binding agreement to play at Hampden, that leaves people within the football club with big questions to answer. 

Like you I wonder if the Hampden/Lesser arrangements were all just a "gentleman's agreement" based on mutual interests rather than a formal arrangment. It would certainly explain why we haven't put up a protest about being shunted back to a ground that is too small for us.

16 minutes ago, Stuntiethumper said:

Like you I wonder if the Hampden/Lesser arrangements were all just a "gentleman's agreement" based on mutual interests rather than a formal arrangment. It would certainly explain why we haven't put up a protest about being shunted back to a ground that is too small for us.

Shunted back to a ground that it too small for us and is 100% on the club for making a complete horlicks of the redevelopment of said ground.

17 minutes ago, Stuntiethumper said:

Very interesting that we’ve not been mentioned in the Rangers utterances. Of course, you wouldn’t have to mention someone who didn’t have a proper agreement in place because they’d be irrelevant if you put in a better offer….