The Big Queen's Park FC Thread

25 minutes ago, Stuntiethumper said:

Aberdeen still in the 20th century?

Hamilton did exactly this to us last season at NDP. It's incredibly tinpot and you'd expect better from a Premiership outfit

On 30/07/2024 at 10:32, Hampden Diehard said:

There seems to be no sense in building a 500 seat stand to the south (Letherby Dr) as per the original plans as it hardly deals with potential crowds in League 1 let alone the Championship. We could have 1000 standing there but I was told at the time that the SFA (?) requirement was that we had to be all-seater as it's a "new" ground. No idea if that was mince or, if it wasn't , whether it still applies.

I think the "all-seater" may only apply to the top league? In which case there is absolutely nothing to stop QP from constructing 2 standing terraces behind either goal at Lesser and boosting our capacity to 5 or 6,000. It's not like we're going to have any planning permission issues........

Edited by CTQP1867

5 minutes ago, CTQP1867 said:

I think the "all-seater" may only apply to the top league? In which case there is absolutely nothing to stop QP from constructing 2 standing terraces behind either goal at Lesser and boosting our capacity to 5 or 6,000. It's not like we're going to have any planning permission issues........

Don’t even think that rule exists in the premiership anymore, traditional terrace is allowed under the current rules. 

21 hours ago, adamqpfc said:

officially the day the SLO position closes.

will it be a supporter with genuine interest & pride, and care about the club's future ?

or will it be one of haughey's friends from the city ™️ group who see's it as a big gaff with a chandelier to get pissed in.

the suspense is riveting.

I applied, I love the club as much as the next guy here. I don’t want to see the team I’ve supported my whole life go to the hands of your hospitality toffs 

Edited by CAL FERRIE IN GOALS

1 hour ago, CAL FERRIE IN GOALS said:

I applied, I love the club as much as the next guy here. I don’t want to see the team I’ve supported my whole life go to the hands of your hospitality toffs 

Keep us posted on the interview process etc, would be interesting to know about

15 hours ago, Arachnophile said:

so, if i am reading this correctly, I have to physically go to the ground to but tickets for the Aberdeen game.

image.png.6fc395153ac17503931562de8739b198.png

https://queensparkfc.co.uk/aberdeen-v-queens-park-17-aug-24-tickets/

Aye, they do that for every game.

Prepare to go through about 3 miles of security checks too before being huckled into the smallest available space possible in the away section too.

If I were QP I’d be working on banging a nice covered terrace between the Royal Box and existing Main Stand at both ends.

Instantly would become one of the best modern grounds in the country and surely would be relatively inexpensive compared to seated areas?

5 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

If I were QP I’d be working on banging a nice covered terrace between the Royal Box and existing Main Stand at both ends.

If I were QP I'd be demolishing the Royal Box under cover of darkness and expunging all record of it's existence. 

15 minutes ago, Stuntiethumper said:

According to Davidson in this interview Queens Park are "working hard" to get temporary stands into Lesser. Good.  Rangers' Hampden move 'better for Scottish football' as willing Queen's Park accommodate Ibrox switch (msn.com)

I do hope so. The quicker we are able to play all games at Lesser the better. A packed tight ground of 2,500 to 5,000 is a preferable way forward than any game at Hampden. 

The point about the pitch is interesting, as we seem to play quicker on the Lesser surface than at Hampden, similar to last season.

1 minute ago, Chester Desmond said:

If I were QP I'd be demolishing the Royal Box under cover of darkness and expunging all record of it's existence. 

Fair but I’m working on the assumption it’s going nowhere.

27 minutes ago, Stuntiethumper said:

According to Davidson in this interview Queens Park are "working hard" to get temporary stands into Lesser. Good.  Rangers' Hampden move 'better for Scottish football' as willing Queen's Park accommodate Ibrox switch (msn.com)

A nauseating article. Why should we have any interest in helping bigger clubs? They don’t give a f**k about us.

Secondly, “better than travelling 30-40miles to get a game” is indicative of the tone deaf nature of comms coming out of the club. Imagine having to travel 30-40 miles for a home game, eh? 

27 minutes ago, Stuntiethumper said:

Almost made me spew my breakfast back up reading that. Good about the temp stands but frankly “helping the bigger clubs” is quite literally one of the last things I want anyone involved in Queen’s prioritising ahead of our club who have no legitimate home stadium and have had to fling us from stadium to stadium for years.

I like Davidson, but that article just confirms what I think we already knew; we as fans are, quite frankly, an afterthought and even an inconvenience at times to the people who run the club. They simply do not care about us, and that's me wording it kindly.

15 minutes ago, an86 said:

A nauseating article. Why should we have any interest in helping bigger clubs? They don’t give a f**k about us.

12 minutes ago, Spiders For Life said:

Almost made me spew my breakfast back up reading that. Good about the temp stands

Don't disagree about those sentiments about helping bigger clubs but just pleased (or is that relieved?) that the club is working on temp stands.

4 minutes ago, Stuntiethumper said:

Don't disagree about those sentiments about helping bigger clubs but just pleased (or is that relieved?) that the club is working on temp stands.

Depends on how many seats they're looking at. Will taking the capacity of Lesser up to 1300 or something make much of a difference? Unless they can somehow fit in at least an additional 1500 seats then it'll still be unfit for purpose.