The Big Queen's Park FC Thread

44 minutes ago, Grumpy Soo-sider said:

Guess I'll not be going to the match then. Bummer.

I'm lost here. 

Obviously they can't be making their own fans go to Pittodrie for tickets, so why make away supporters go to their own ground?

Are we missing any legitimate reason why we need to do this? 

1 hour ago, Grumpy Soo-sider said:

Guess I'll not be going to the match then. Bummer.

53 minutes ago, GloriousHoops said:

I'm lost here. 

Obviously they can't be making their own fans go to Pittodrie for tickets, so why make away supporters go to their own ground?

Someone asked the same question on the club's Facebook page and they replied saying to call them, would assume they're happy to post with enough notice. The people who handle tickets are actually very good, even if lots of things the club do aren't.

2 hours ago, GloriousHoops said:

I'm lost here. 

Can't think of a reason, it's just bonkers! - and there's no way I'm travelling from Ross-shire to Glasgow to pick up a ticket for a game in Aberdeen!

1 hour ago, Zanetti said:

Someone asked the same question on the club's Facebook page and they replied saying to call them, would assume they're happy to post with enough notice. The people who handle tickets are actually very good, even if lots of things the club do aren't.

Cheers, Zanetti - I'll give that a go on Monday when sales open!

13 minutes ago, EaglesandSpiders said:

We have zero options on the bench. Absolutely no one a manager can use to tactically intervene and change the state of the play. That must be very frustrating. 

I actually thought Mauchin was better than Longridge tonight, and tbf we've not seen much of Hinds yet

We don't have the players, it's as straightforward as that. Everyone knows it; the squad is wafer thin. In a game like tonight you need multiple guys like Hinds (who did very well) who can come on and make an impact and we don't have that. At least two defenders, possibly a central midfielder, and a striker are the bare minimum required if we have any intention of being competitive this season

9 minutes ago, Zanetti said:

We don't have the players, it's as straightforward as that. Everyone knows it; the squad is wafer thin. In a game like tonight you need multiple guys like Hinds (who did very well) who can come on and make an impact and we don't have that. At least two defenders, possibly a central midfielder, and a striker are the bare minimum required if we have any intention of being competitive this season

Kerr played well i thought. Ujdur is unfit and it showed but fair play to him for giving it a go when he is clearly not ready.  Longridge had a quiet game, as did Welsh, we will want to see more from them. The youngsters were not on long enough to make much of an impression but I thought Mauchin did alright.  We could do with another striker though just in case.

We definitely need two more defenders. Playing a not quite fit new signing in central defence shows just how desperate the situation has become. I would like to see Thomson being freed up to play in midfield where he should be playing with Welsh in front of a back four. There were huge spaces in front of our back line which a better team than Falkirk would have exploited to give us a real thumping.

11 minutes ago, Stuntiethumper said:

Kerr played well i thought. Ujdur is unfit and it showed but fair play to him for giving it a go when he is clearly not ready.  Longridge had a quiet game, as did Welsh, we will want to see more from them. The youngsters were not on long enough to make much of an impression but I thought Mauchin did alright.  We could do with another striker though just in case.

I'm absolutely fine with guys like Mauchin and McLeish being options, but they can't be all we have. They don't have the experience to change a game when it's desperately needed. Even with a few extra bodies in the door they'll get their chances to prove what they're capable of.

6 hours ago, Zanetti said:

I'm absolutely fine with guys like Mauchin and McLeish being options, but they can't be all we have. They don't have the experience to change a game when it's desperately needed. Even with a few extra bodies in the door they'll get their chances to prove what they're capable of.

Hadn't really thought about it until the pod, but it is bonkers that we've not had a confirmed and owned RB since L1

I'm hoping that when he's fully fit Udjur becomes one of a CB pairing & that finally CD reverts to a back 4.  

Felt for Longridge last night - his isolation out wide means that Thomson always gets pulled out to assist with which then leaves huge gaps in the middle that Udjur had to deal with.  Our midfield inevitably ends up filling the gaps.  When we do regain possession, there's no 'out', Rudden seems rarely to be able to hold the ball up.

I'm assuming that Kerr is filling in due to our lack of CB's, which I'm fine with but if we can't use him as a RB, then I'd be tempted to give Mauchin a run on the right of a back four, kill or cure.  Longridge is fast becoming a handy utility player, so would provide a decent option on the bench.  Put Thomson's energy in midfield with Hinds' pace out wide and we might, just might have the capacity to stretch teams.

9 hours ago, starshot131 said:

I actually thought Mauchin was better than Longridge tonight, and tbf we've not seen much of Hinds yet

I like Louis but IMO he's not started the season well.

Personally I'd play Mauchin ahead of him. 

1 hour ago, Spider1975 said:

Felt for Longridge last night - his isolation out wide means that Thomson always gets pulled out to assist with which then leaves huge gaps in the middle that Udjur had to deal with.  Our midfield inevitably ends up filling the gaps.  When we do regain possession, there's no 'out', Rudden seems rarely to be able to hold the ball up.

Just come to terms with that now. Rudden can finish, but does very little else. If you're not getting the ball into his feet inside the eighteen yard box, he has a net-negative effect. Takes up the wrong positions, doesn't win his headers, wanders offside, fouls defenders. 

Categorically needs a second striker alongside him, and probably someone else to bollock him from the sidelines every time he goes wandering, too. 

26 minutes ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

Just come to terms with that now. Rudden can finish, but does very little else. If you're not getting the ball into his feet inside the eighteen yard box, he has a net-negative effect. Takes up the wrong positions, doesn't win his headers, wanders offside, fouls defenders. 

Categorically needs a second striker alongside him, and probably someone else to bollock him from the sidelines every time he goes wandering, too. 

The best comment I heard last night was some old boy, plaintively shouting during the second half, 'C'mon Davidson, manage us!'

1 hour ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

Rudden can finish, but does very little else. 

Strange. I think I wouldn't be on my own in saying he's the exact opposite of this. He can't finish, but is a bit of a general nuisance and puts himself about. 

Wasted a few glorious opportunities in the first half but thought he had quite a decent second half, happy to be patient with him. But he needs help. 

Not sure where to start from with last night. We were on the back foot most of the game but still managed to limit the opportunities that a confident Falkirk managed to string together. Kerr was good; Dom, little quiet but still managed a magnificent goal; Thomson reliable; Udjur still needs time to gain fitness and to settle in to the team; Longridge had an off day; Mauchin was ok when he came on; Hinds did really well; MacGregor, like Dom, was a little quiet today but still managed a couple of nice touches. We also saw both sides of Ferrie - an excellent save alongside with a couple of wobbly events.

Falkirk were no great shakes yesterday and could be in for a couple of shocks this season. 

Anyway, that's the season started and a unfavourable result - Livi next week is not going to be easy either but I'm still looking forward to the league this year. We're not going to be as bad as some other fans seem to think - we have the basis of something solid and need a couple of signings (defence and another striker) to get motoring.

Worth bearing in mind, if I'm being optimistic, that we won the first three games of last season and lost our first game the year prior (in a considerably worse way); it's not necessarily an indication of how everything is going to pan out! Confident from listening to the post game interviews that Davidson and the players know what went wrong.