The Big Queen's Park FC Thread

Christ almighty we've lost *one* game in the league, we're not even bottom of the table

Let's just see how it goes before we predict the end of all life on earth

EDIT: what spelling error? No idea what you mean

Edited by starshot131

24 minutes ago, starshot131 said:

Christ almighty we've lost won game in the league, we're not even bottom of the table

you’ve lost won?

how does that work?

1 hour ago, Anonymous Spider said:

I think we need a centre half, a centre mid and a centre forward, or we’re toast.

Good few teams splashing the cash this summer - feels like we’re just sitting it out and trying not to get dragged into a spirally-high-wage- situations (despite the moneybags fc tag).

Maybe that will change if it looks like we’re in trouble?

Agree with the CB and CF, think we’ll be ok in midfield.  The biggest miss this year & the one that’s thrown the huge spanner in the works is the loss of Fox.  Another loanee Centre Back frees Thomson up to be the dynamic foil to Welsh’s passing and a link to McGregor. 

God forbid we lose Thomas, Thomson or Ferrie to injury at any point this year though.

33 minutes ago, starshot131 said:

Christ almighty we've lost won game in the league, we're not even bottom of the table

How long are we giving it to see how it goes? If Davidson is suggesting nothing happening before January we are working with a squad of three central defenders one of whom is unfit, and two others are injured. I have written off Fox until after January, if at all. Kerr has to play RB, his proper position, and Thomson must move in to the middle. With very little back up to the team which played at Falkirk we cannot go through half a season in this league expecting to be other than firmly anchored at the bottom. That is assuming no further injuries. You are right that is not the end of all life on earth but it is serious mismanagement or damned right incompetence behind the scenes. We keep talking of Savoury, I feel for the lad, but he seems some weeks away and can't be counted on to contribute much before January. Maybe I have missed something but Davidson was talking very recently about trying for the premier league. Not with this current squad does he have a hope.

2 minutes ago, williebraveheart said:

How long are we giving it to see how it goes?

I think we'll start to see how the season will actually go after the Airdrie game. By that point we'll have played 3 league games and will hopefully know a bit more about how the squad's shaping up, and how we look at home and away. I don't know that Davidson has actually suggested that we're not getting anyone else before January, and I think it would take some wild mental gymnastics to get there. There are still three and a half weeks of regular transfers to happen, and a further month of loans iirc.
This isn't a time to panic, predict that Davidson will walk and that we'll get hee haw out of all our opening games, it's a time to actually back the team and look forward with optimism about a league which we could realistically finish in the top half of. There's no question of winning the league, it's not happening and I know that, but we're clearly not in as bad a place as we were last season, and for all the chat, the championship hasn't changed all that much

One look at the (lack of) options on the bench on Friday tells you all you need to know about how this season will go if nothing changes.

We are Welsh/Thomson/Thomas injury away from being a proper banter team.

1 hour ago, Anonymous Spider said:

I think we need a centre half, a centre mid and a centre forward, or we’re toast.

Good few teams splashing the cash this summer - feels like we’re just sitting it out and trying not to get dragged into a spirally-high-wage- situations (despite the moneybags fc tag).

Maybe that will change if it looks like we’re in trouble?

Is what you pay Don Thomas not part of that wage spiral? 

6 minutes ago, BPM said:

Is what you pay Don Thomas not part of that wage spiral? 

It's Dom.

He's undoubtedly one of the higher paid of the squad given his relative experience and value, but not sure that is unusual in the context of the Championship.  Unsure what your point is.  Do you have information we don't?

9 minutes ago, Zanetti said:

It always makes me laugh when fans of other clubs bring up Dom Thomas's wages as if he's on about 3/4k a week.

Yeah, and as if we didn't get him from a to-be-relegated Dunfermline side
Same talk with Simon Murray; if anyone else did it it would be good business, but for us it's just moneybags

35 minutes ago, Velvet Donkey said:

It's Dom.

He's undoubtedly one of the higher paid of the squad given his relative experience and value, but not sure that is unusual in the context of the Championship.  Unsure what your point is.  Do you have information we don't?

You were the one claiming other clubs were spending money others were not. Dom Thomas is not signing for Queens Park for buttons that’s for sure. 

3 minutes ago, BPM said:

You were the one claiming other clubs were spending money others were not. Dom Thomas is not signing for Queens Park for buttons that’s for sure. 

I wasn't.

However pointing at our most valuable player and guessing his salary is an outlier compared to other teams' good players is a pretty poor effort.

Can I help you out and suggest you ridicule us for the stadium etc.

Invincibles 🤢

6 minutes ago, pmonigatti said:

Talking of stadiums…has anyone swung by Lesser recently to check if any groundwork has been started for these temporary stands going up? 

I walked down Cathcart rd today and didn't see anything unusual, but I wasn't really looking that hard so I might have missed it if it's only just started

Evening all,

Nice to be back here bearing good news. As things stand I’ll be the one to bring you your *exclusive* Cammy Kerr interview. For all of you that enjoyed my chat with Dom, it’ll be very much the same format (thanks for all the kind words by the way on that one, the supporters are my priority with these)

You'll know the drill by now, and how much I want to get you all involved. Are there any questions or topics you’d like me to cover with Cammy during our chat? 

I understand a fair few of you have been frustrated with the club’s lack of transparency on some issues, hopefully this interview can once again bridge the gap a wee bit. Nonetheless, great to be back involved with Queen’s Park again, hopefully be down on Friday for the Livingston game!

9 minutes ago, charliewheelen said:

Evening all,

Nice to be back here bearing good news. As things stand I’ll be the one to bring you your *exclusive* Cammy Kerr interview. For all of you that enjoyed my chat with Dom, it’ll be very much the same format (thanks for all the kind words by the way on that one, the supporters are my priority with these)

You'll know the drill by now, and how much I want to get you all involved. Are there any questions or topics you’d like me to cover with Cammy during our chat? 

I understand a fair few of you have been frustrated with the club’s lack of transparency on some issues, hopefully this interview can once again bridge the gap a wee bit. Nonetheless, great to be back involved with Queen’s Park again, hopefully be down on Friday for the Livingston game!

Yeah last one was brilliant, anything close to that should be good

Anything you can squeeze out of him about how he was recruited would be great. QP fans are all very much in the dark as to how all that works, and there's a degree of cynicism surrounding the process, so if you could find out as much as you can of what really happened, that would be much appreciated!