The Big Queen's Park FC Thread

I've done my ACL once and had it reconstructed. That was enough to give up serious football - took three years before it felt 'normal' and it's still a flashpoint if I'm fatigued.

The thought  of doing a Lewis Vaughan and coming back whatever number he's on is not for me. Fair play to players that do.

Edited by LeodhasXD

11 hours ago, adamqpfc said:

grant savoury's instagram - looks like his knees f*cked again.

Screenshot_20240806_225439_Instagram.jpg

He was getting his screws out his knee. So no where near as bad as people are thinking. Hopefully back on pitch very soon 

12 minutes ago, Arachnophile said:

Anyone actually know what Charlie Fox's injury is or how long he is out for?

Heard it’s probable that it’s a full season effort.

On 02/08/2024 at 19:29, Grumpy Soo-sider said:

Cheers, Zanetti - I'll give that a go on Monday when sales open!

Just back from Lesser and picked up my ticket for Aberdeen. As I  walked back home to Toryglen through the Hampden car park, Rangers have got their name plastered all over the TNS. You would think that they owned it and not the SFA.

34 minutes ago, Arachnophile said:

Some confidence/arrogance, rejecting a contract after how he played last season

I doubt he'll go down as a club legend

Just now, starshot131 said:

Some confidence/arrogance, rejecting a contract after how he played last season

I doubt he'll go down as a club legend

.....McKinstry admitted: “I obviously had a successful spell in the Championship with Queen’s Park last season........"

"Obviously" and "successful".

That's a stretch. 

Was willing to give the lad the benefit of the doubt if we re-signed him. Clearly an overinflated opinion of his own abilities and has overplayed his hand when it comes to getting a deal. Amazed that he thought he could do better than Queen’s Park tbh. Doesn’t seem to want to get the head down and graft out a career for himself. Wants it on a plate. 

1 hour ago, GloriousHoops said:

.....McKinstry admitted: “I obviously had a successful spell in the Championship with Queen’s Park last season........"

"Obviously" and "successful".

That's a stretch. 

It didn’t work out at Motherwell due to a change in style and apparently sitting on the bench when QP couldn’t buy a result constituted a successful stint!  Christ, his myopia when it comes to his career is only matched in size by his ego and arrogance…..you can see why people near the top at QP may have warmed to him.

Wonder whether a team he thinks is befitting of his talent will come calling, (Celtic, Arsenal, Madrid) or maybe he’ll just end up warming the bench at Cove?

Edited by Spider1975

58 minutes ago, williebraveheart said:

What a tosser! After Longstaff he was the most ineffective signing ever. Even worse than Lewis Moore.

I still remember Lewis Moore’s goal against Forfar in the cup group up at Stennie. 

On 25/02/2024 at 13:10, EaglesandSpiders said:

Watch his first interview after he signed and listen to everything he says about himself and why he signed for the club. 

He has been looking to get match fit, get some first team minutes under his belt and sign for a "bigger" club since day one. He doesn't want to stay because he hasn't extended his contract and you can tell from the way he's coasting on the pitch. 

I don't know why people keep asking the same question to me. These are my speculations based purely my impression of him since (and again in the manner) he signed and that he hasn't extended his contract (yet). I don't have some kind of inside information on whether or not he wants to stay or feels he's too good for us. I'm sorry if I gave that impression. I don't know if Davidson is even interested in extending his contract. That's just how I feel about him. 

Ahem! 

I'm really curious about how/if we're being compensated for the forced relocation to Lesser. We could have easily sold another 1000 tickets for tomorrow night's sold out game if we were playing in Hampden. That's a loss of around £20k. 

Edited by EaglesandSpiders