The Big Queen's Park FC Thread

40 minutes ago, Chester Desmond said:

Molotnikov has started every game for Hibs so far this season.  I'd be surprised if they were looking to put him out on loan.

Yes but they have also brought in Kuharevich, Cadden, Hoillett and Bowie in the last week, which I think will push him down the pecking order slightly.

2 hours ago, Stuntiethumper said:

How has McLeish looked in games? Ready to step up?

For what I've seen I think so, but he needs time to be blooded on the team, take the pressure off. Hinds might do the trick too (as forward) but none of them look to me as 20/25 goals a season players. The 3 of them combined won't have those numbers, in my opinion... We really need a finisher.

37 minutes ago, pmonigatti said:

Yes but they have also brought in Kuharevich, Cadden, Hoillett and Bowie in the last week, which I think will push him down the pecking order slightly.

I really don't think that middle of the park is a position we need players... We've got Thompson, Welsh, Turner and MacGregor who play there.

We still need a central defender (let's see who comes in as a loanee) and a Striker (that's harder to get).

Oh, and Longridge back were he belongs and feels more comfortable (Kerr is the expected right back with Mauchin a good sub).

If we could get the 20/25 goals a season striker that would suffice by me, to be honest!

On 07/08/2024 at 12:31, Arachnophile said:

Anyone actually know what Charlie Fox's injury is or how long he is out for?

I spoke to him before the Kelty game.

He's expecting to be out for the full season.

3 hours ago, Stuntiethumper said:

How has McLeish looked in games? Ready to step up?

It's worth giving him some decent game time to find out. We're not going to magic up a replacement for Paton (and his goals) with ease.

The league of Ireland is developing players really well, you've got some forwards with interesting numbers over there... might be good value, considering.

Obviously the best are already gone for this year, but we have to be quicker responding to the exits and attacking before they leave (everyone knew Paton was going away, should of thought of it sooner).

Happy with that signing. Badly needed a left sided defender so hopefully it allows Thomson to move to central midfield or Kerr to right back. Murray seems well thought of by Celtic but given he’s never been tested fully at 1st team level, there’s still an element of unknown as to how capable he’ll actually be.

Still need more additions. Priorities have to be another central defender and striker 

Appreciate you’re not gonna pluck a 20 goal a season striker out of nowhere but have to find another competent option to help Rudden out. Even someone that can chip in with 8-10 goals 

22 minutes ago, SpiderFromMars said:

The league of Ireland is developing players really well, you've got some forwards with interesting numbers over there... might be good value, considering.

Obviously the best are already gone for this year, but we have to be quicker responding to the exits and attacking before they leave (everyone knew Paton was going away, should of thought of it sooner).

Johnny Kenny aside, there’s definitely a case for this. Steady stream of guys going over to the English lower leagues annually. A growing league as well. All full-time and attendances on the up. Good mate of mine lives in Derry and I’ve been to a couple of their games at the Brandywell. Standard probably comparable to the Scottish Championship. 

"At a recent match a number of glass bottles were ‘sneaked’ into the ground at the home end, and discarded after consumption" 

Who were these responsible idiots who binned their bottles rather than throwing them onto the pitch or towards the away end? 🤣🤣🤣

48 minutes ago, an86 said:

I see we’re at the “deliberate attempt to antagonise” stages of comms. Embarrassing. 

https://queensparkfc.co.uk/updated-rules-and-regulations-for-the-spfl-for-season-2024-25/

Maybe the grand plan is to make attending games at Lesser such an expensive, tedious and antagonistic chore of an experience that the limited capacity becomes irrelevant?

I'm almost tempted to go down to Hampden on Saturday to see the level of security at Sevco's game.

Why on earth is the level of checks at our games higher than anywhere else?

Edited by spiders4ever
Spelling

17 minutes ago, spiders4ever said:

I'm almost tempted to go down to Hampden on Saturday to see the level of security at Sevco's game.

Why on earth is the level of checks at our games higher than anywhere else?

No other ground I have ever been to has the same level of 'security'. More often than not I am searched and I have never been searched at any other ground. Is there a history of problems at games? I cannot think of any I have attended.