The Big Queen's Park FC Thread

As far as I can see, the plans for the south stand (Letherby Drive) are still live.  Clearly some alterations were made to this application but I can't find any link to the amendments.

https://publicaccess.glasgow.gov.uk/online-applications/files/C39D550768F12C727E1BEEB5B94BDDD4/pdf/21_03695_FUL-SOUTH_STAND_-_PROPOSED_GA_PLAN_-_OVERALL_LAYOUT-5160820.pdf

Edited by Grumpy Soo-sider
Additional info

Firstly, I’d like to thank the Footy Adventures who repeatedly referred to the ground as Lesser Hampden, even when the big f**k-everyone City signs were in the background. 

As for the former President’s interview, his impersonation of The House of Commons Speaker was telling in 4 ways. 

1. The attempt at humour with the “heated seats…shoosh” reflects the “say nothing” culture that has been the hallmark of the committees communication policy. 

2. His “We always wanted to play at Hampden, Hampden was our ground” line exposes one of the main reasons we are where we are. There’s a deep-rooted belief amongst many former presidents that we were gazumped by the SFA and they have never got over it. Coupled to being denied the “benefits” of the Millennium lounge and Director/VIP section of the south stand, they hold the club back as much as the current leadership group. Haughey has merely tapped into this well of weakness. 

3. Gary’s a good guy (and he will be reading this) but his change in breathing when the cover story about temporary stands unfolded says to me he was uncomfortable. For the record, the Immediate Past President on two separate occasions, once publicly and the other privately, confirmed when we were in our first championship season that the temporary stands were fully costed. So one of these two former Presidents aren’t reporting the facts.

4. All of the above is why the committee adhere to the “say nothing” policy. Unfortunately for Gary, it’s on the Internet! 

As for those handsome chaps posing as fans, Footy Adventures is a well-established YouTube channel and he wouldn’t leave in anything that was controversial. Their comments were reasonable for family viewing. 

6 minutes ago, Grumpy Soo-sider said:

The planning consent you’re looking for is in here. Still at Granted status, since December 2021. Because of not building it in tandem with the south stand, there will be significant additional costs for a site establishment (site huts etc) plus a high probability of a crane access being required to lift material into the ground from the outside.

https://publicaccess.glasgow.gov.uk/online-applications/applicationDetails.do?keyVal=R3W6GEEXIL300&activeTab=summary

30 minutes ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

The planning consent you’re looking for is in here. Still at Granted status, since December 2021. Because of not building it in tandem with the south stand, there will be significant additional costs for a site establishment (site huts etc) plus a high probability of a crane access being required to lift material into the ground from the outside.

https://publicaccess.glasgow.gov.uk/online-applications/applicationDetails.do?keyVal=R3W6GEEXIL300&activeTab=summary

Yup, the was the source of my other post.

2 hours ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

Firstly, I’d like to thank the Footy Adventures who repeatedly referred to the ground as Lesser Hampden, even when the big f**k-everyone City signs were in the background. 

As for the former President’s interview, his impersonation of The House of Commons Speaker was telling in 4 ways. 

1. The attempt at humour with the “heated seats…shoosh” reflects the “say nothing” culture that has been the hallmark of the committees communication policy. 

2. His “We always wanted to play at Hampden, Hampden was our ground” line exposes one of the main reasons we are where we are. There’s a deep-rooted belief amongst many former presidents that we were gazumped by the SFA and they have never got over it. Coupled to being denied the “benefits” of the Millennium lounge and Director/VIP section of the south stand, they hold the club back as much as the current leadership group. Haughey has merely tapped into this well of weakness. 

3. Gary’s a good guy (and he will be reading this) but his change in breathing when the cover story about temporary stands unfolded says to me he was uncomfortable. For the record, the Immediate Past President on two separate occasions, once publicly and the other privately, confirmed when we were in our first championship season that the temporary stands were fully costed. So one of these two former Presidents aren’t reporting the facts.

4. All of the above is why the committee adhere to the “say nothing” policy. Unfortunately for Gary, it’s on the Internet! 

As for those handsome chaps posing as fans, Footy Adventures is a well-established YouTube channel and he wouldn’t leave in anything that was controversial. Their comments were reasonable for family viewing. 

The few occasions I met Gary I have also found him a very affable and well intentioned guy but that interview was tone deaf.  When fans can't get in your stadium because you cancelled a perfectly good away stand for a 40 seater VIP box do not draw attention to the chandeliers and heated seats. It only makes a bad PR situation worse.

I agree with you that there something about his comments that suggested a sense of loss about leaving Hampden and a yearning to get back.  I can understand why, but I think a poll would indicate most fans would prefer a fit for purpose Lesser to rattling about in Big Hampden. 

We can be proud of our past but we don't need to be prisoners of it.

9 hours ago, Spider1975 said:

I think, other than Ian Cairns, (who gets a free pass given his excellent work promoting the Women's and Youth teams), that's the first I've seen of a Committee member giving an interview.  The last interview I recall Haughey giving was the one where he was adamant Beuker wasn't going to Ajax.  

I assume that nobody from the Committee/Management has ever come forward like Beuker, Fox, Murray and others have to offer the Spider's Talk gents an interview to put their side across?

It is something we have been working on for a fair while now, and we are still trying. At the moment I'm not going to say any more than that.

We're very aware that there's only so much nonsense the three of us can spout each week, and hearing from players or other members of staff actually at the club is what everyone wants to hear. We have spoke to a couple of people who recently left the club but we were hoping to prioritise those still in the southside. Maybe that will need to change.

Instead of just moving the kick off forward an hour like most clubs, Annan and Queen’s Park have inexplicably moved the cup game to the Friday night.

Who does this actually benefit? A handful of folk travelling to Croatia on the Saturday morning?

11 minutes ago, Spider Rico said:

Instead of just moving the kick off forward an hour like most clubs, Annan and Queen’s Park have inexplicably moved the cup game to the Friday night.

Who does this actually benefit? A handful of folk travelling to Croatia on the Saturday morning?

Pathetic.