The Big Queen's Park FC Thread

18 hours ago, mcjameos said:

Pretty sure Davidson has now exceeded Veldman's 14 league game points tally. Still a long way to go but definitely encouraging signs

Yes, we didn't reach 14 points last season until the 22nd of December, two weeks after Veldman left.

What’s the general consensus on Ryan Duncan so far ? Seems like he has the attributes to be effective at this level but yet to see enough to merit starting every week so far. His miss yesterday was a shocker 

Josh hinds to start at Annan next week I hope 

On 04/10/2024 at 17:09, Northsea80 said:

I didn't even bother, the concourse under the north stand at Celtic Park is too narrow for the volume of people that stand accommodates.

Add in the subsequent blocking off of the area behind that stand, which is a disaster waiting to happen, as is the concourse area in the away section. You could also add in that they lower big legs to keep their old stand roof up between games.

On 04/10/2024 at 17:38, Enigma said:

What a fiasco this is. You really sold the family silver when you flogged Hampden. With no change of a game at Hampden on the Saturday and seemingly a slim change of one on the Friday at that joke of a pitch-with-director’s-box-attached next to it would there be scope, I wonder, to play this fixture in Kirkcaldy at 3pm on a Saturday and reverse the game in March?

Use common sense???? Unfortunately, it's the SFA who do the deals for the stadium and the SPFL who deal with the fixtures. Not quite as simple as it should be. Sadly.

2 hours ago, Mission said:

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, and here is mine.

I struggle with some of the negativity surrounding the current Queens Park situation. I feel the club has done everything right except the ground rebuild. Only a few years ago and for most of my life, our peer group was Albion Rovers, Brechin, etc. Look at where these teams are now compared to us. I can understand some who feel we have lost that play for the game's sake status, but let's get real. Would you be happy to see us playing in the Lowland League? That is where we would be right now. If you prefer the old days, don your bowler hat and go and watch one of the countless amateur teams who would welcome your support. 

For those commenting on our lack of goals and attacking approach to yesterday's game, just look at the other results in our league: Thistle 0 Livy 0, etc. I, for one, enjoyed yesterday's win. I prefer three points to kidding on that flair is more important than league position.

I had a look at all the leagues yesterday. Growing up, I used to watch us get humped in cup games by big sides like Queen of the South, Clyde etc. We are 4th in the Championship. We have some great young players, and they will only get better. Okay, the lesser Hampden thing is a mess, but at least we are back in the South Side. If some years ago, as I watched us drop to 10th in League 2 while losing 0-5 at home to Peterhead, someone had tapped me on the shoulder and said, I have an idea for your next book. A miracle happens, and the team you have supported for all these years suddenly jumps to challenging for the premier league, a state-of-the-art training ground, a great young team that can only get better, a respected high-level coach, and pies that sell at £3.60. My reply would have been, No chance; no one is going to believe a story like that except for the pie bit.

For me, the positives massively outweigh the negatives. I am not young and hope all this does not go txxx up before I croak. A crowd of 1250 yesterday maybe tells us why we don't have the money to continue to rebuild lesser. I'm living the dream for now, even if it means big Hampden and expensive pies.

I think the majority, if not all of us agree with your point of view regarding the transition from amateur to professional - that's why it was voted upon. Playing in the championship is always better than bellow...

What I see as a continuous negative and the main reason why there is dissatisfaction is politics, on and off the field: either by the lack of information regardind the development of Lesser (and it's continuous backfires) or the lack of a clear and objective goal as to how to succeed (since we have gone pro, how many head coaches and footballing structures, not to mention footballing philosophies did we have?)

There are a lot of positives up until now, but the few negatives are very big. Fix those and we have a premiership club.

Edited by SpiderFromMars

29 minutes ago, Hampden Diehard said:

Use common sense???? Unfortunately, it's the SFA who do the deals for the stadium and the SPFL who deal with the fixtures. Not quite as simple as it should be. Sadly.

It is not up to the SPFL to unilaterally switch a game without the clubs requesting it. Ultimately this is Queen's Park's problem for not having a suitable stadium to play at, and if they are not primary tenants at the ground they are hiring then they should be expelled from the SPFL. Obviously they could just hire another ground instead.

Edited by craigkillie

41 minutes ago, qpfc said:

What’s the general consensus on Ryan Duncan so far ? Seems like he has the attributes to be effective at this level but yet to see enough to merit starting every week so far. His miss yesterday was a shocker 

Josh hinds to start at Annan next week I hope 

Decent strength, pace and work rate but very much lacking when it comes to composure/final ball. 

42 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

It is not up to the SPFL to unilaterally switch a game without the clubs requesting it.

I didn't suggest that the SPFL should take the initiative to switch the game. One organisation wants the ground we play on, forcing us to switch. A separate organisation has to be approached to switch it.

Edited by Hampden Diehard

One of the few negatives from yesterday was the sight of 15-20 stewards massing at the end of the game (clearly under orders so not blaming them directly) to form a barrier preventing the various groups of primary school kids from getting down the front to cheer the players off. 

An embarrassing state of affairs really that needs sorted.