Scotland v Armenia

What do we reckon the attendance will be tomorrow? Despite the lasting flat feeling from last week, three big results and performances would be a big boost over next few days. A confident win tomorrow would certainly be a good start...
I'm guessing 40k max. A lot of people on here trying to get rid of tickets, nevermind the casual fan. It's not quite a sell out either. Add in the ScotRail issues, it's not looking brilliant. I've got over the result last week and I'm looking forward to us hopefully scoring a few goals. They owe it to us to put in a much better performance. Massive three games coming up to boost our Euro 2024 chances, which some people just don't realise.

Over 45k sold from the looks of things, although the actual attendance will be much lower as others have said. A good few will have bought the four match package primarily for the Ukraine game and won’t bother with this one I’d imagine.

Going to just head down for it as I managed to get a seat on the NETA bus. 

I'm just hopeful that the boy who was next to me at the Ukraine game didn't buy the 4 game deal. He had a fucking bugle (no euphemism, a literal, actual wee trumpet) and would blow it in lieu of any shouted or clapped encouragement. He seemed like a decent sort, but the blowing of a trumpet when there's people right next to you who are 1. not doing that and 2. not wearing ear protectors is the very worst of behaviour.

Anyway, a tired 1-0 to us, with Robbo falling asleep against the front post every time we defend a corner.

I'm just hopeful that the boy who was next to me at the Ukraine game didn't buy the 4 game deal. He had a fucking bugle (no euphemism, a literal, actual wee trumpet) and would blow it in lieu of any shouted or clapped encouragement. He seemed like a decent sort, but the blowing of a trumpet when there's people right next to you who are 1. not doing that and 2. not wearing ear protectors is the very worst of behaviour.
Anyway, a tired 1-0 to us, with Robbo falling asleep against the front post every time we defend a corner.

It's Hampden, you're gonna get loud trumpets whose sound annoys everyone around them. Not usually literal ones though.

23 minutes ago, velo army said:

I'd have shoved that bugle up his arse long before Ukraine had opened the scoring.

15 minutes ago, 2426255 said:

right, that's me buzzing for this now. I brought my bugle last time out and it got a good reception. I've been practicing so I'll bring it again and spur on the crowd!

giphy.gif

I actually think this is a pretty huge game for us tomorrow night. Not just for the NL and all the knock-on effects winning our group would have. But Clarke and the team (rightfully) came in for big criticism for the Ukraine performance and we need to wash away that bad taste pronto and not allow an otherwise positive atmosphere to sour. I'm expecting a win but I think we also need a really positive performance to go over to Dublin with.

Edited by Londonwell

19 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

I really really hope we are not underestimating Armenia, otherwise this could be Kazakstan 2.0. 

We easily beat Kazakhstan at home.

McLeish got in the heads of the players before the away game with a long list of excuses, most notably the pitch, heat and time difference. The players were beaten long before the game kicked off.

I see Kazakhstan just beat Slovakia on their own patch yesterday.

That'll be me still clutching at straws for something, anything to make that abject performance seem less nightmarish. I've seen people claim that the Czechia and Ukraine games were the worst Scotland performances they'd ever seen, by Christ  :shutup

Just now, BFTD said:

I see Kazakhstan just beat Slovakia on their own patch yesterday.

That'll be me still clutching at straws for something, anything to make that abject performance seem less nightmarish. I've seen people claim that the Czechia and Ukraine games were the worst Scotland performances they'd ever seen, by Christ  :shutup

Does no one remember 6-0 Netherlands game?

1 minute ago, Richey Edwards said:

Does no one remember 6-0 Netherlands game?

I paid good money to have that memory chemically removed. By the hour mark, there was genuine fear that they could hit double figures, and they definitely took pity on us/decided to rest up a bit after that.

Still, I think Kazakhstan pips it. The Dutch were a very good team. The Kazakhs absolutely rode us rigid and still finished second bottom of the group  :shutup

Anyway, I've a good feeling about tomorrow. Home against Armenia is about the best fixture from this group that we could hope for after the play-off disappointment, and the team should be fired up to make amends. It will likely still be a tough game, but I reckon we might do better than people are expecting.

Famous last words, eh?

3 hours ago, velo army said:

You answered your own conundrum with point 1, get on gumtree and buy a bugle. Or go bigger, trumpet, French horn or even a big tuba 🤷‍♂️

Could not be less excited about tomorrow. If they turn up and play well it'll just annoy me even more that we've thrown away possibly our only decent World Cup chance in a generation. 

5 of us all with tickets not going tomorrow, the train doesn't help but you can't even give them away.