Scotland v Armenia

Maybe I’ll change it tomorrow, It’s the start of the next tournament, the last one is gone, we have to focus on this one. There will be some changes to the starting XI, but the team I pick is a team I expect and hope – expect is a better word than hope – to beat Armenia at home.

Steve Clarke

https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/international/steve-clarkes-visit-of-his-elderly-father-puts-scotland-travails-into-perspective-it-was-tough-3723431

13 hours ago, V.Aye.R said:

Could not be less excited about tomorrow. If they turn up and play well it'll just annoy me even more that we've thrown away possibly our only decent World Cup chance in a generation. 

5 of us all with tickets not going tomorrow, the train doesn't help but you can't even give them away. 

😂

9 hours ago, HuttonDressedAsLahm said:

Given we’ve played them in three games where it actually matters and won 3-2 twice, and once on penalties, we do edge it.

They were all home games, which is worth keeping in mind albeit one was without a crowd.

There are some amount of bellends  in the Scotland support ( mostly with hunners of badges on a hat ) who think that people who are choosing not to go to tonights  game are some sort of glory hunter.  Loads of fans on explaining themseles with perfectly valid reasons  to these idiots .  Would i hell. It's a free world. You cannae even say one word about Steve Clarke before the happy clapping " No Scotland ,  No Party " eejits start foaming at the mouth. One even said we need to get the Unionists out the squad as a reason for the Ukraine defeat. Hopefully a 2 nil win tonight  and i dont get soaked from the bus to i get in. 

Disgraceful that there is no trains back from Mount Florida to Central Station after the game. 

On the Megabus from Aberdeen which doesn't stop at Dundee/Perth which looking at website was sold out but hardly anyone on this bus. Think the crowd will be lucky to have 30k even though they have sold over 45k tickets

Edited by betting competition

16 hours ago, V.Aye.R said:

Could not be less excited about tomorrow. If they turn up and play well it'll just annoy me even more that we've thrown away possibly our only decent World Cup chance in a generation. 

5 of us all with tickets not going tomorrow, the train doesn't help but you can't even give them away. 

I'd take a free ticket.

Ideally the fans would support the team in numbers regardless of results but across most of football that never happens. It seems pretty straight forward to me, the team have to get the fans back on board after the disappointment of last Wednesday.

If we start the NL campaign poorly attendances will decrease but if performances - but more so results - are good people will get more excited and come to see the team. The onus is on the players and team to bring the fans back and I think if we get an attendance around 40,000 tonight I'd say that's really good when you throw in the crappy train issues and the opponents we are playing. 

Edited by Loominous

With the train services being utterly shite and after last week's non event we will be lucky to scrape past 35000 tonight. That's 10000 not bothering for one reason or another which is entirely there choice. Not that the sfa will give a fk mind you as the moneys already in the bank. 

Hi all. Sorry I have not looked through the previous pages, so this may well have been answered. 

Is the match on TV? I see it is on Premier Sports but I don't have a subscription for them. Is it on anywhere else?

Cheers.

46 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

Hi all. Sorry I have not looked through the previous pages, so this may well have been answered. 

Is the match on TV? I see it is on Premier Sports but I don't have a subscription for them. Is it on anywhere else?

Cheers.

Premier sports only as far as I can see. 

15 hours ago, 2426255 said:

I thought Israel were decent opposition on the whole. The first half they were really good in the last game we played them, especially the way they kept the ball.

Us losing to them during McLeish's second tenure was inexplicably hailed as one of the worst results in the national teams history by some sections of the media.

I would not have gone that far. They're not a bad side.

8 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

Us losing to them during McLeish's second tenure was inexplicably hailed as one of the worst results in the national teams history by some sections of the media.

I would not have gone that far. They're not a bad side.

I don't even bother listening to the media coverage anymore. I usually just go direct to source or read only the quotes and skip the rest. I pick and choose which former players and managers I listen to. There's so much garbage in the media, most of it is utter shite. 

Who was it that said Kazakhstan were a good side and would be finishing high in the group, only for them to finish second bottom having won just three game (two of which were against San Mario; they also lost at home to Cyprus, and gave San Marino their only goal of the entire group)?

A prime example of some media folk speaking absolute shite.

1 minute ago, DA Baracus said:

Who was it that said Kazakhstan were a good side and would be finishing high in the group, only for them to finish second bottom having won just three game (two of which were against San Mario; they also lost at home to Cyprus, and gave San Marino their only goal of the entire group)?

A prime example of some media folk speaking absolute shite.

It was some buzz when San Marino nearly scored against us tbh.