Scotland v Armenia

9 hours ago, wastecoatwilly said:

strikers score goals it's the bottom line M8.

A massive oversimplification spouted by morons, so I think we can leave it there.

As a wee example, why don’t you look at the impact that Joel Nouble had on Arbroath with his four goals in 20 games. 

As we don't have anyone who'll score regularly at international level, we should probably just buy Bale from Wales.

That's what Celtgers would do, after all.

3 hours ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

A massive oversimplification spouted by morons, so I think we can leave it there.

As a wee example, why don’t you look at the impact that Joel Nouble had on Arbroath with his four goals in 20 games. 

I'm sure he was great but it didn't get them anywhere,I forgot diddies are happy with mediocrity.

20 hours ago, HuttonDressedAsLahm said:

That's a bit harsh.  Game management, if we're judging by performances and results, was bang on.  The defensive changes worked perfectly, and only some profligate shooting by McGinn and the expected pedestrian pace of the last 30 minutes stopped it being 4/5.  There's no reason that playing Stewart for the second half would have resulted in anything different.

With respect to SC, he's capped three teenagers since he came in.  I don't have the data to hand, but I'm pretty sure no one has done that this Century.  He's given a chance to plenty of players, and either dropped those who aren't good enough or not looked at them a second time (Shankland, McBurnie, Burke, Griffiths, Findlay, Palmer, Devlin, Brophy...)

Brown and Stewart need more game time and given a serious chance, but of all the criticisms of SC, giving opportunity isn't really one of them (also, with the caveat that there isn't a whole lot of opportunities now with the Nations League and Euro/World Cup Qualifiers).

I've got no problem with SC being the manager of Scotland hes been brilliant in putting this team together and evolving it.
The progressive nature of the squad is something that previous managers have failed to do.
The strength and depth has also developed from game to game with a good balance of experience players(seasoned pros) and players at the start of their careers.
A lot of questions have been answered from where we were to now,we're in a position to qualify for major tournament we have the manager and we have the players.
Clarke has done the job we all wanted,the disappointments are getting fewer and less,glorious failures sit at 1-1.
My constructive criticism is the In game management leading to the game management,Clarke admitted he got it wrong against Ukraine plus the Armenian game was finished at half time. 
I don't want to dwell on the Ukrainian game but after the first half hour we could all see the game was getting away from us and he didn't react,in this game it was finished and he didn't react, for me he needs to adapt and change in game time when it's going against us and when it's going for us,small margins make the difference M8.  

17 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

My constructive criticism is the In game management leading to the game management,Clarke admitted he got it wrong against Ukraine plus the Armenian game was finished at half time. 
I don't want to dwell on the Ukrainian game but after the first half hour we could all see the game was getting away from us and he didn't react,in this game it was finished and he didn't react, for me he needs to adapt and change in game time when it's going against us and when it's going for us,small margins make the difference M8.  

Absolute rubbish, Steve Clarke has been a professional football manager and coach since he retired in 1998 and you're giving him constructive critiscism on his game management   - don't make me laugh. Steve Clarke said the players performance levels were the issue. The players accepted that verdict publicly and delivered their response against Armenia.

Edited by 2426255

7 minutes ago, 2426255 said:

Absolute rubbish Steve Clarke has been a professional football manager and coach since he retired in 1998 and you're giving him constructive critiscism on his game management   - don't make me laugh. Steve Clarke said the players performance levels were the issue. The players accepted that verdict publicly and delivered their response against Armenia.

If you think Clarke has stopped learning and believe the spin put out there is no hope for you M8.

11 minutes ago, 2426255 said:

What do you mean?

The share of responsibility is with the management and the players M8, the collective effort doesn't just fall on the players,he also said the management team would look to improve going forward.
My concern is it reminded me of the Croatia and Czech games in the Euros,it's easy to say Ukraine were the better team on the day but make sure it doesn't happen again. 

9 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Get it on youtube M8 batter in.

haha, I've seen all the post match stuff - you're just making shit up 🤭 Steve Clarke never accepted he got anything wrong or that the management were looking to improve going forward. He said Ukraine played better than Scotland on the night, the players accepted that and responded with a good reaction against Armenia. 

6 minutes ago, 2426255 said:

haha, I've seen all the post match stuff - you're just making shit up 🤭 Steve Clarke never accepted he got anything wrong or that the management were looking to improve going forward. He said Ukraine played better than Scotland on the night, the players accepted that and responded with a good reaction against Armenia. 

FFS, from 2 minutes in.

Steve Clarke | Scotland 1-3 Ukraine | World Cup play-off semi-final - YouTube

A lovely meeting of minds here.

Anyway, like @welldaft I also spouted some drunken pish in the aftermath. Watching the highlights we had several chances in the second half. I just didn't see them very well I suppose due to where my seat was.

THe offside was daft. If you have to look that long at it and it's a matter of inches then just leave the ref alone. 

I thought Adams did fine too. He should have had a couple, but as other posters have suggested he only needs one or two and I think he'll go on a wee run of scoring.

3 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

FFS, from 2 minutes in.

Fair play for the link mate, I've seen it before but I never saw either this:

2 hours ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Clarke admitted he got it wrong against Ukraine 

or this:

2 hours ago, wastecoatwilly said:

he also said the management team would look to improve going forward.

We can just agree to disagree at this point. Have a good weekend mate.