Lowland League General Discussion

FairWeatherFan

Ok presume you are  suggesting bottom club should be relegated,  rather than saved , if LL team goes to SPFL 2 and Team 42 goes to HL.

Given I have oft criticised Team 42 situation as rewarding failure, in principle,  not got a problem with that proposal. 

Difficulty would be getting the wording of the rules spot on. There are already quite a few " what ifs" in the current rules, plus I think the " licensed and champion " prerequisites should remain.

52 minutes ago, ekok said:

Difficulty would be getting the wording of the rules spot on. There are already quite a few " what ifs" in the current rules, plus I think the " licensed and champion " prerequisites should remain.

As much as I'm all for "ventilation" and preferably a base of 3/3 (depending on the usual factors) up and down, I can't disagree. 

No one has come up with a valid way of working a potential 3 promotion places for 6 tier to the LL that I have seen yet.

I also agree clubs should be licenced to enter tier 5. No expectations, unless completely guaranteed i.e Bonnyrigg. Too many fraudsters about with empty promises that have already been accepted into the league system and are stinking the place out 

1 hour ago, Spyro said:

As much as I'm all for "ventilation" and preferably a base of 3/3 (depending on the usual factors) up and down, I can't disagree. 

No one has come up with a valid way of working a potential 3 promotion places for 6 tier to the LL that I have seen yet.

I also agree clubs should be licenced to enter tier 5. No expectations, unless completely guaranteed i.e Bonnyrigg. Too many fraudsters about with empty promises that have already been accepted into the league system and are stinking the place out 

Their actually was to create a lowland league 2 as tier 6 with top licensed teams from the 3 leagues which moves sos down its tier. Then u could have 3 up 3 down and if sos champ isn't licenced then they wouldn't come up

𝑪𝒖𝒎𝒃𝒆𝒓𝒏𝒂𝒖𝒍𝒅 𝑪𝒐𝒍𝒕𝒔 𝒗 𝑬𝒂𝒔𝒕 𝑺𝒕𝒊𝒓𝒍𝒊𝒏𝒈𝒔𝒉𝒊𝒓𝒆 1-1

𝑼𝒏𝒊𝒗𝒆𝒓𝒔𝒊𝒕𝒚 𝒐𝒇 𝑺𝒕𝒊𝒓𝒍𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒗 𝑨𝒍𝒃𝒊𝒐𝒏 𝑹𝒐𝒗𝒆𝒓𝒔 2-2

Yes. While East Stirlingshire is a former League club, and had six years as a upper table team in the Lowland League, they did finish 16th last season, with only Gretna, Edinburgh Uni and Dalbeattie behind them. Once again they are 16th (now in an 18 team league), and have played four matches in a row without a win. Historically East Storlingshire is stronger though, and have won their other two matches against each other in 2023, with an 8-0 goal difference. A win for them could further cement which two teams are the bottom teams, and also further tighten the rest of the table.

3 hours ago, lowenan said:

Yes. While East Stirlingshire is a former League club, and had six years as a upper table team in the Lowland League, they did finish 16th last season, with only Gretna, Edinburgh Uni and Dalbeattie behind them. Once again they are 16th (now in an 18 team league), and have played four matches in a row without a win. Historically East Storlingshire is stronger though, and have won their other two matches against each other in 2023, with an 8-0 goal difference. A win for them could further cement which two teams are the bottom teams, and also further tighten the rest of the table.

Putting it out there who I think will be relegated.

The lowland league is changing and I think this season its the strongest its ever been, just look at the league 2015, 16, 17 etc... to give you an idea.  East Stirlingshire will be safe as everyone else because I believe the team to be relegated will be either Gretna or Edinburgh Uni and who ever gets relegated, | think the other will be relegated next season.  So every other team can look to what improvements need to be made as most teams coming up will be strong and i expect teams coming down will be strong, obviously assuming that whoever wins the lowland league, wins the playoff again the Highland team, which I think they will.

1 hour ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

Putting it out there who I think will be relegated.

The lowland league is changing and I think this season its the strongest its ever been, just look at the league 2015, 16, 17 etc... to give you an idea.  East Stirlingshire will be safe as everyone else because I believe the team to be relegated will be either Gretna or Edinburgh Uni and who ever gets relegated, | think the other will be relegated next season.  So every other team can look to what improvements need to be made as most teams coming up will be strong and i expect teams coming down will be strong, obviously assuming that whoever wins the lowland league, wins the playoff again the Highland team, which I think they will.

So the two teams you're quoting for relegation have lost 42 and 51 goals eachin 10 and 9 games respectively..?

image.png.c85f7a5a3254494e6cad8212ba5775ad.png

26 minutes ago, jimbaxters said:

So the two teams you're quoting for relegation have lost 42 and 51 goals eachin 10 and 9 games respectively..?

image.png.c85f7a5a3254494e6cad8212ba5775ad.png

To be fair, I'm not really bothered what you think as most of the  time its at the windup and try to put people down which puts new people off commenting on this forum and certainly don't need to justify myself to you.     I have seen all teams from the lowland league last season bar 5 teams last season and I know you haven't. I'm speaking from what I have witnessed and from my experience of these teams.    But that's my view and wont change unless something positive and  drastic happens to both Gretna and Edinburgh Uni but I doubt that very much.   You are welcome to come back at me in the next couple of years and say I was wrong and of which I will agree and say, "yes I was wrong"

1 minute ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

To be fair, I'm not really bothered what you think as most of the  time its at the windup and try to put people down which puts new people off commenting on this forum and certainly don't need to justify myself to you.     I have seen all teams from the lowland league last season bar 5 teams last season and I know you haven't. I'm speaking from what I have witnessed and from my experience of these teams.    But that's my view and wont change unless something positive and  drastic happens to both Gretna and Edinburgh Uni but I doubt that very much.   You are welcome to come back at me in the next couple of years and say I was wrong and of which I will agree and say, "yes I was wrong"

I think he's taking the piss because it's like picking Celtic or Rangers to win the Premiership. Gretna 08 or Edinburgh University isn't much of a prediction.

1 hour ago, jimbaxters said:

He's putting it out there!

As most know, you just try and shit stir and try and derail posts as usual, you actually ruin posts with your drivel.  You didn't go to any Lowland League game last season nor this season and haven't a got a clue about any teams, only from what you heard.   I will say, never be afraid to ask questions but always best keep your mouth shut commenting about a league you know nothing about as it usually backfires on you but if you want to learn then fire away.

7 hours ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

As most know, you just try and shit stir and try and derail posts as usual, you actually ruin posts with your drivel.  You didn't go to any Lowland League game last season nor this season and haven't a got a clue about any teams, only from what you heard.   I will say, never be afraid to ask questions but always best keep your mouth shut commenting about a league you know nothing about as it usually backfires on you but if you want to learn then fire away.

There was no comment on the league from me, only your never ending whataboutery. 

What do you mean by my derailing your post? Did you expect people to think, "Hey that guy knows what he's talking about. The fact that he's been to lots of LL games makes me think he may be right that either Gretna or Edinburgh will get relegated". You stated the blatantly obvious like you were foretelling the Ides of March.

By all means comment but don't be surprised when you get pulled up for talking mince. This would happen in normal conversation so why are you so outraged if it happens on an online forum?

Edited by jimbaxters