Lowland League General Discussion

FairWeatherFan

3 minutes ago, Cowdenleith said:

Once more, a lot of hot air and absolutely nothing to say. 

You’re all over the place, take a break and log off for a bit.

Not all over the place,  as I said, some people are not too bright at taking information in

It's clear and to the point, telling you who the people are and who the teams are and reasons for etc..  ( 🤣🤣  Yeah that's all over the places ), if you choose to ignore it or not too bright I cannot be held accountable for your actions👍

Edited by Bestsinceslicebread

8 hours ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Tbf Dumbarton’s board dont talk to the fans, they have a new owner who may be an old owner but not the old owner but its the same plan to sell the rock for housing so it probably is the old owner, anyway, fan engagement isnt exactly high on the agenda. 

Regardless whats clear is the Lowland league in its current guise is not fit for purpose, it lacks leadership with its long term security and growth at heart, it lacks proper engagement with its customers, it lacks a clear vision, indeed a vision which other football bodies share (both in terms of b teams and structure/relegation etc). What needs to happen is a full review of Scottish football from a perspective of ensuring the longevity of the game, ensuring both player pathways/development and fan engagement are prioritised ahead of the interests of two clubs with the ultimate aim of having the strongest national team possible. We need to have representation of grass roots football at a strategic level in the governance of the game, having all these different league bodies, Wosl/eosl/ll/hl/spfl/sfa/syfa/safa etc why? We are a small country of circa 5.5 million where football is consumed by around 2/3 of them in some way or another, we need one strong governing/administrative body, empowered to advocate for the better of the two aforementioned areas (because looking after those will ultimately ensure the success of the game).
This body should be given ownership of or develop football centres similar to toryglen/largs throughout the country, they should administer football parks instead of local authorities who really dont have a clue. 
In terms of our leagues, people moan about ‘too many teams’ thats pish, if we reduce the number of teams we reduce the number of participants/fans, so long as a club can run and has people to support it who the hell is anyone to say they shouldnt be allowed to compete so long as they meet the criteria and code of ethics of the governing body. The real problem is too many levels in our football pyramid, we should have no more than 3 national leagues (prem/champ/league 1) with bigger leagues to encourage new approaches and provide more opportunity for clubs to grow and adopt new models of operation which may be adopted elsewhere without too much fear of plummeting to oblivion. After this we should have regionalised leagues which feed properly into saturday amateur leagues at the very bottom.
Kids teams in Castlemilk, Dundee, Forfar etc shouldn’t be folding due to lack of facilities and budgets issues, no child should have a barrier to participation in football. These are the real issues for me, this is why we have fallen behind, obviously not exclusively a LL issue, but now its time for all the lower league bodies to come together.  

Some good points made here.

Cannot wait for Bankies and similar clubs to get up into the Lowland League and bring about the simple changes to the league  which would make a much needed positive difference.

1 hour ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

1. (Tom brown) he was also the chairman at the time of the inception of the B teams into the Lowland league and the vote was 8 for to join to 8 against to join and he was the deciding vote and guess what, went for the B teams to join.  

2. Neil Doncaster and Maxwell … both had their names down as the organizers and operators of the conference league.

How's that, does that make it clear for you?

No because neither point 1 nor point 2 above are factually correct 

9 minutes ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

Yes they are correct, go and provide the information to prove they are wrong

George Fraser was the chairman when B teams were admitted first in 21/22. Click here;

https://www.skysports.com/amp/football/news/11787/12297941/rangers-and-celtic-b-teams-invited-to-enter-scottish-lowland-football-league-season

You are discredited. You are an idiot.

8 minutes ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

Yes they are correct, go and provide the information to prove they are wrong

May 2021 - Lowland League chairman George Fraser confirmed B teams would be admitted after a majority of clubs voted in favour.  

Promoters/directors of Conference League company were Neil Doncaster and Calum Beattie of the SPFL - Ian Maxwell was not 

22 hours ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

If Bonnyrigg Rose who have been in the EOSFL and won it and then won the playoff and promoted to the Lowland league, and then won and promoted to the SPFL2 they know how unfair it is in regard to promotion/relegation to and from the Lowland league and the SPFL2,  so you would think most fans and committee etc.. would expect the club would vote for relegation to open up in the Lowland league and the SPFL2.

Any team in the SPFL2 who are relegated I do not believe they will come back straight away and will reside in the Lowland for quite a number of years and if any committees of these teams had any sense they would learn from Brechin, Cowdenbeath, East Stirlignshire, Albion Rovers and Berwick Rangers and realsie if they want a quite return from a touch league then automictic relegation and promotion to and from the SPFL2 would be beneficial.

The same will go for any club in the Lowland league, if they are relegated, I don't think they will have a quick return as the tier 6 divisions of EOSFL and WOSFL are very tough, again, if they voted to open up the automatic coupel of relegation places then it gives them a greater chance of return.

But Bonnyrigg Rose motored through the Lowland League and the HL/LL play-off- as did Kelty Hearts before them. They both hardly found it difficult.

And there can't be automatic promotion from the LL to the SPFL since it has two feeder leagues and there won't be two automatic relegation places from a ten team league in any foreseeable future. Even if there were it wouldn't make promotion for a relegated club any easier than it is now. It would still have to win the Lowland - or Highland - League and in the LL case that won't be easy for a club unlikely to be able to attract players of the quality they had in the SPFL.

5 hours ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

We are in 100% agreement but at the time when Tom Brown was spouting his shite, the  conference was just starting to gain  negativity and opposition to it.   I do think they will try against to get the B teams in the pyramid, they will let everyone chill for a while and try something else

The B teams are NOT welcome in the pyramid, they can either play in the midweek reserve league or organise friendlies against other teams.

3 hours ago, Cowden Cowboy said:

But clarity and accuracy rather than confusion and wrong info is required when putting forward credible arguments - unless you are Boris or Donald Trump 

There's no confusion, i was mistaken thinking it was Tom brown who voted when it was George Fraser as which ever oen did the casting vote, id say they did it out of greed, knowing there would be a backlash

🤣🤣    I think its delusional people if being honest.  Tom Brown want the guy who gave the castling vote, but the corruption stands against him and anyone who denies this is an egit.  He was on the official catch up podcast and said the Conference league was coming, no matter what Highland and Lowland league voted for. So again, was he delusional or was he gotten to, and you can decide what way but no matter it was corrupt

9 minutes ago, kevsmart said:

The B teams are NOT welcome in the pyramid, they can either play in the midweek reserve league or organise friendlies against other teams.

I don't know why your saying this to me, i agreed 100%,  I don't want them in the Scottish Pyramid, they should not be there and it ruins Scottish Football.  let them do what they want but not in the Scottish Pyramid

2 hours ago, rockson said:

But Bonnyrigg Rose motored through the Lowland League and the HL/LL play-off- as did Kelty Hearts before them. They both hardly found it difficult.

And there can't be automatic promotion from the LL to the SPFL since it has two feeder leagues and there won't be two automatic relegation places from a ten team league in any foreseeable future. Even if there were it wouldn't make promotion for a relegated club any easier than it is now. It would still have to win the Lowland - or Highland - League and in the LL case that won't be easy for a club unlikely to be able to attract players of the quality they had in the SPFL.

So Bonnyrigg and Kelty have good management, good money and were organized.  

Of course there can be automictic regulation, two down and the champions of Highland and Lowland go up and the 3rd bottom place of the SPFL2 playoff against the winners of 2nd place Lowland and Highland, That means 3 teams relegated form a 10 team league and what's wrong with that.  Season 21/22 in the WOSFL premier division had a 20 team league and 7 were relegated,  one of the best and most exciting season ever and you didn't know who was being relegated until the final kick of the ball in the 21/22 Play-off final between Tranent and Darvel.  SO the comment, ONLY a ten team league doesn't wash

8 hours ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

There's no confusion, i was mistaken thinking it was Tom brown who voted when it was George Fraser as which ever oen did the casting vote, id say they did it out of greed, knowing there would be a backlash

🤣🤣    I think its delusional people if being honest.  Tom Brown want the guy who gave the castling vote, but the corruption stands against him and anyone who denies this is an egit.  He was on the official catch up podcast and said the Conference league was coming, no matter what Highland and Lowland league voted for. So again, was he delusional or was he gotten to, and you can decide what way but no matter it was corrupt

You were shown up last night to be a moron, but instead of taking even 12 hours off to cool off and re-group, here you are doubling down instead.

Can I just quote you on your first line and I will leave it there; ‘There was no confusion, I was mistaken’

10 hours ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

Of course there can be automictic regulation, two down and the champions of Highland and Lowland go up and the 3rd bottom place of the SPFL2 playoff against the winners of 2nd place Lowland and Highland, That means 3 teams relegated form a 10 team league and what's wrong with that.  Season 21/22 in the WOSFL premier division had a 20 team league and 7 were relegated,  one of the best and most exciting season ever and you didn't know who was being relegated until the final kick of the ball in the 21/22 Play-off final between Tranent and Darvel.  SO the comment, ONLY a ten team league doesn't wash

Except it does. You've given an example of the Wosfl Premier in season 21/22. 8 teams potentially changing in a league of 20 is a maximum of 40% changing. What what you are proposing is a maximum of 50% (two promoted and 3 relegated), there is absolutely no way you're going to get buy in to that. 

ETA that's before you even discuss the issue of licensing for potential LL/HL champions

Edited by jaggyness