Lowland League General Discussion

FairWeatherFan

2 hours ago, An Absolute Imposter said:

I had a conversation in a post last season about this issue.

Here's what I can remember without looking through my many posts for it:

The original constitution of the WOSFL only allowed clubs that were members of the WOSFL being relegated down from Tier 5, any other club would have to apply to enter at the bottom tier.

How could that have worked?

No clubs in the LL could be members of the WOSFL.

4 hours ago, EdinburghBlue said:

If the West refused to allow them to compete on the same basis as they already do in the Lowland that could be a good reason for the Lowland to refuse to accept a promoted club from the West!

Unsure so not a 100% but I don't believe the WOSFL can refuse a relegated team from the Lowland league into their league.

The way I see it is every league that is in the pyramid system have to work within the guidelines that are run by the SFA and SPFL but obviously each association can still make changes to their association or am I wrong.  If so, as the WOSFL are in the pyramid system, with the way the rules are now, if Broomhill are relegated, due to their location they will enter the WOSFL, but doesn't matter if they share a grass park and WOSFL don't allow that, the WOSFL will have to accept it as the ruling body want the pyramid to continue with the current promotion and relegation rules and cannot have one associations further down the levels to make decisions that will effect the whole pyramid system

Edited by Bestsinceslicebread

2 hours ago, Stag Nation said:

How could that have worked?

No clubs in the LL could be members of the WOSFL.

I think it was just the way the constitution was written in the beginning. More of an oversight than a statement of intent. I believe its sorted now.

Edited by An Absolute Imposter

Each of the three tier 6 leagues (and LL) sit down at the start of every season and agree where each of the 16 clubs are relegated to in that event.  It's rarely - if ever - anything other than what you'd expect.

10 hours ago, An Absolute Imposter said:

What tier 6 league are Broomhill listed to drop into if the worst happens?

None hopefully. Is their weirdo podcast 'fan' still slithering around and pretending that they're shaking up Scottish football? 

Edited by vikingTON

44 minutes ago, vikingTON said:

None hopefully. Is their weirdo podcast 'fan' still slithering around and pretending that they're shaking up Scottish football? 

Have they not split from the podcast??

3 minutes ago, To B or not B said:

Have they not split from the podcast??

I was actually referring to the fat loser podcaster who ran around trying to grass up other football clubs to the SFA, rather than the equally contemptible Open Goal 'bantz' merchants. 

37 minutes ago, vikingTON said:

I was actually referring to the fat loser podcaster who ran around trying to grass up other football clubs to the SFA, rather than the equally contemptible Open Goal 'bantz' merchants. 

Think he's tried to set up his own club in amateurs, no idea of success but I'm sure he'd be letting everyone know how amazing he is if it had got anywhere 

1 hour ago, The_Judge said:

Great start for Berwick, well done lads 👏😇

Yeah 100%, so far their experience of the Lowland league past few years has helped Berwick and now they are in promotion spot, ok, very early and they may falter but its about the committees and teams learning their trade in this level and what's required to get out. 

Biggest shock for me so far is Gretna, is this just a good start and flash in the pan or will they end up bottom as most predicted at the start of this season. Has Gretna recruited well this pre-season?

Broomhill on the other hand, think they let majority of their players go last season has seemed to backfired so far.  Definitely looking like cannon fodder but they need to buck up their ideas but fast if they want to stay in the league,  I still think they will stay up unless they combust inside the team, management and committee

20 hours ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

Unsure so not a 100% but I don't believe the WOSFL can refuse a relegated team from the Lowland league into their league.

The way I see it is every league that is in the pyramid system have to work within the guidelines that are run by the SFA and SPFL but obviously each association can still make changes to their association or am I wrong.  If so, as the WOSFL are in the pyramid system, with the way the rules are now, if Broomhill are relegated, due to their location they will enter the WOSFL, but doesn't matter if they share a grass park and WOSFL don't allow that, the WOSFL will have to accept it as the ruling body want the pyramid to continue with the current promotion and relegation rules and cannot have one associations further down the levels to make decisions that will effect the whole pyramid system

And yet the premier league can make a decision on artificial pitches which affects the whole pyramid system 

On 27/07/2024 at 11:11, GordonS said:

An American and their money are easily parted.

They should start selling them the smell of the dressing rooms in a can. 

https://eagleviewevents.com/southwest-va-wedding-venue-owners-purchase-minority-stake-in-scottish-football-club/

Screenshot 2024-07-27 at 11.11.01.png

Hi QP here.

Alternatively this is just some enthusiastic (if quite cringeworthy) people putting a wee bit of money into the league. I doubt many sponsors at this level are making a good return on investment, should we start mocking them all?

54 minutes ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

Yeah 100%, so far their experience of the Lowland league past few years has helped Berwick and now they are in promotion spot, ok, very early and they may falter but its about the committees and teams learning their trade in this level and what's required to get out. 

Biggest shock for me so far is Gretna, is this just a good start and flash in the pan or will they end up bottom as most predicted at the start of this season. Has Gretna recruited well this pre-season?

Broomhill on the other hand, think they let majority of their players go last season has seemed to backfired so far.  Definitely looking like cannon fodder but they need to buck up their ideas but fast if they want to stay in the league,  I still think they will stay up unless they combust inside the team, management and committee

11 minutes ago, Nowhereman said:

And yet the premier league can make a decision on artificial pitches which affects the whole pyramid system 

No sorry, every league can make decisions that effect the pyramid league, the higher you go.
#  WOSFL do not allow teams so share grass parks but can share Astro parks
#  LL voted against opening up the relegation from the Lowland League
#  The SPFL2 voted against automatic relegation to the Lowland league

I've only given you a small sample of decisions that affect the pyramid system.

So if your gonna say stuff that fecks with the pyramid, don't just pick and choose, your narrative, pick them all so we all know the true picture, how good, bad, corrupt our football is.

I get why the premier league has done it and yes I can see why there has to be certain standards the higher you go.  I'm against it as long as the Astro is the top notch Astro that is allowed by UEFA but i think its dumb decision by the Scottish premier league, self preservation looks to me but hey I just wish every year from now on a team win the championship and play on Astro, so the

league stays exact same, the standard stays crap and the Scottish football gets boring, worse then it is, that way, the teams who are happy in the premier league and voted against Astro are the blame for boring Scottish football

Edited by Bestsinceslicebread

47 minutes ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

You are right to a certain extent, but our Board has completely changed - less than a year ago. Others behind the scenes though are still there and - together with a strong fan base - is what underpins the desire to put a decent team on the pitch. 

Clubs without the history, support and potential income of clubs like Berwick are much more likely to deteriorate rather than sort themselves out and improve. 

Just now, Redcar said:

You are right to a certain extent, but our Board has completely changed - less than a year ago. Others behind the scenes though are still there and - together with a strong fan base - is what underpins the desire to put a decent team on the pitch. 

Clubs without the history, support and potential income of clubs like Berwick are much more likely to deteriorate rather than sort themselves out and improve. 

For me, History means absolute nothing in the here and now and anyone banking on that should look at it objectively.  Scottish football is supposed to progress since its inception and I'm sure you Redcar, myself and majority of others want the same but during this we want the team we love to be successful.

Every team in our pyramid system started at sometime without history and then continued, successfully, or average or badly. It's how the club is run, building pathways, generations, fans, the interest, the excitement, the trophies that will grow their history, some teams are just starting late, even a 100 years late.

In regards to your board, its the same for most clubs who have bene in a downhill spiral, if its not working and continues to not work then something has to give, committee members leave, retire, sacked until the right ones who come in and bring success.  No matter what any team to do well needs everyoen pulling in the right direction, especially the committee, any committee, it not about the chairman's eg or committee members ego, they work for the club to bring the best for the club with their ability and head coming together , then hopefully it happens  <<<<<< this can be for any club, over 100 years or even a year old, its how its run but everyone together but the pyramid is not just about moving up the table its also about moving down and how you deal with it to stop it and turn it around.

4 hours ago, Quentin Prankett said:

Hi QP here.

Alternatively this is just some enthusiastic (if quite cringeworthy) people putting a wee bit of money into the league. I doubt many sponsors at this level are making a good return on investment, should we start mocking them all?

Hello QP.

If they are sponsoring a club with which they have absolutely no connection and it couldn't lead to getting more business, then yes.

They're not putting money into the league. They're putting money into one club. Those things are not remotely the same - if they wanted to put money into the league they'd sponsor the league. And what's the money getting spent on? Payments to players so they can attract the talent needed to get promoted out of the league.

Why aren't the Butlers trying to help a club in their own community and build the legacy they want that way? This is about an American's need to pretend that they are part of Scottish life when they're really not.

I have no criticism for Caley Braves about this btw. 

4 hours ago, Quentin Prankett said:

Hi QP here.

I think what I find the least appetising part is the notion that there could be some financial return for these small (or not so small) investors. 

Some people (going by the Q&A on the website) are definitely coming at it from an investor angle. Probably a tiny amount of people looking at it like this, but they could be the ones putting the larger amounts.

The prospect of this club turning a trading profit in any shape or form is pure fantasy.  

If the money keeps pouring in I suppose there is the possibility of some sort of return for some ‘owners’, maybe at the expense of the newer ones. 😉

I don’t have an issue with daft Americans thinking this is some sort of romantic football club with a rich history waiting to be reborn, when it couldn’t be further and any less romantic if you tried.

Edited by Cowdenleith

4 hours ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

No sorry, every league can make decisions that effect the pyramid league, the higher you go.
#  WOSFL do not allow teams so share grass parks but can share Astro parks
#  LL voted against opening up the relegation from the Lowland League
#  The SPFL2 voted against automatic relegation to the Lowland league

I've only given you a small sample of decisions that affect the pyramid system.

So if your gonna say stuff that fecks with the pyramid, don't just pick and choose, your narrative, pick them all so we all know the true picture, how good, bad, corrupt our football is.

I get why the premier league has done it and yes I can see why there has to be certain standards the higher you go.  I'm against it as long as the Astro is the top notch Astro that is allowed by UEFA but i think its dumb decision by the Scottish premier league, self preservation looks to me but hey I just wish every year from now on a team win the championship and play on Astro, so the

league stays exact same, the standard stays crap and the Scottish football gets boring, worse then it is, that way, the teams who are happy in the premier league and voted against Astro are the blame for boring Scottish football

When did SPFL2 hold their vote?