Lowland League General Discussion

FairWeatherFan

9 hours ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

You said:

You are trying to split hairs - Cowdenbeath were officially 8th in last season’s table not 10th.  Thus the B teams were effectively removed from the final table - disregarded is just another word for the same concept

You saying disregarded is another word for the same concept and your saying Cowdenbeath were officially 8th not 10th when they are not and thats official.  Officially Cowdenbeath finished in 10th place.

I'm going to be a barer of bad tiding here

Last season I'm going with 3 other teams who finished round about your points total

Albion Rovers    34  12  10  12  43  36  + 7  46
Cowden             34  12  10  12  55  56  - 1   46
Uni                       34  13   7  14  50  53  - 3  46
Braves                34  12   9  13  47  43  + 4  45

if you take away the results against Celtic B and Hearts B  I work it out at the following:

Albion Rovers    30  12  9   9  39  29  +10  45    7th place
Braves                 30  11   8  11   41  32   + 9  41     8th place
Uni                        30  11   7  12  47  49   -2   40    9th place
Cowden              30  10  8  12  46  49  -3   38    10th place

So in retrospect  Cowdenbeath would still finish in 10th place if the results from the B team were expunged.   More than happy for anyone to check my math and apologies if wrong

Last Seasons Table with B teams removed

Screenshot_20240828_202033_Chrome.jpg

1 minute ago, Burnieman said:

How much is it in the WoSFL out of interest?

Don't know but almost sure it's more than zero...or at least it was in the Juniors! Muhahaha!

Edited by jimbaxters

13 hours ago, Cowden Cowboy said:

See above - all has been explained 

I understand. My point is the rule is a slight of hand. An insurance policy to be relied upon in a worst case scenario.

I'm not denying the rule exists but that it is isn't applied and won't be until it's seen as necessary. 

Just now, jimbaxters said:

Don't know but almost sure it's more than zero.

But you do know the league takes in £100k from the B teams every season, plus have Parks Motor Group as the headline sponsor via a "five figure deal"?  There's even some Yank sponsoring matchballs.

Maybe the Cowden guys can tell you how that income is distributed.  I guess the clubs decide what happens to it.

9 hours ago, Burnieman said:

But you do know the league takes in £100k from the B teams every season, plus have Parks Motor Group as the headline sponsor via a "five figure deal"?  There's even some Yank sponsoring matchballs.

Maybe the Cowden guys can tell you how that income is distributed.  I guess the clubs decide what happens to it.

As far as I remember, before the debacle of the potential conference league carry on, there were 3 B teams and I'm sure the payment for each year was at £40,000 per team, so for that season, the one we are in just now 24/25 the total price would have been £120,000.  Rangers then went in a huff and pulled their B team out and did not make a payment so it was left to both Celtic and Hearts to make their payment and with this in mind, I take it the yearly price was then upped to £50,000 per season per team?

15 hours ago, lithgierose said:

Ok can we talk about teams getting rewarded for failure ?😂 trust trophy

I must take issue with your statement I'm afraid.

It's not a reward for failure, its the powers that be, investing in future votes for whatever hair-brained scheme they come out with to get CeltGers 2nd 11's into the pyramid. 😊

4 hours ago, JCScouting said:

Incase anyone wants it, the last 2 seasons without B Teams

Tables No B Teams.jpg

Looking at this, it really is just a matter of time before Cowdenbeath and East Stirling drop down again innit?

7 hours ago, JCScouting said:

Incase anyone wants it, the last 2 seasons without B Teams

Tables No B Teams.jpg

So Cowdenbeath finished 10th and were officially ranked 8th, but in reality were 12th.  What a credible competition this is 🤣

17 minutes ago, Cowdenleith said:

There’s a right weird off and on obsession with Cowdenbeath in this place, quite touching really. Love you all. 😍

It's probably down to you stinking the League out for so many years and now reality is kicking in. 

Maybe not though 🤷‍♂️

3 hours ago, jimbaxters said:

Looking at this, it really is just a matter of time before Cowdenbeath and East Stirling drop down again innit?

East Stirlingshire have spent long enough in the Lowland League to suggest they are more likely to be drawn into the relegation battle. The brief fight back at the top was down to some money being put it that's long since dried up. Their attendances were dropping and while they ticked up last year. That seems to be more down to an increase from better supported teams coming into the league.

Cowdenbeath I can see hanging around for a while. The first couple of years after dropping from the SPFL seems to be a tricky adjustment. They are still one of the better supported teams in the LL/EoS. On the park its early days under the new management, but there's still plenty of other teams I'd pick for relegation.

17 minutes ago, jimbaxters said:

It's probably down to you stinking the League out for so many years and now reality is kicking in. 

Maybe not though 🤷‍♂️

Think you are perhaps getting them mixed up with someone else. Up and down the leagues a number of times, Championship side not all that long ago on a budget that was probably dwarfed many times over by most teams in the league. Some cracking players they could never expect to hold onto long term.

True, a bad wee run in the last few years and a couple of narrow escapes before, but not my definition of stinking up the leagues for ‘so many years’

Was going to have a look at your team and how they are doing/have done recently, but then realised I really don’t give a shit. 😉