Lowland League General Discussion

FairWeatherFan

17 minutes ago, kevsmart said:

Braves don't have the required Bronze licence

How many do those shipping container-style standing terrace units at Cove Rangers hold? 100 each? I'm sure they could use a tiny portion of their £2million and buy 4 of those. 

2 hours ago, PELE said:

They probably hired a hospitality lounge at Celtic Park and branded it with Braves paraphernalia whilst getting the "investors" inebriated on whisky so they actually believed they were watching the Braves.

Apparently they have raised just short of 2 Million dollars now.

It’s deeply odd how the money just seems to keep growing.

I hope the people don’t think they’re buying into some sort of Wrexham story, when the reality is that practically every high school in the US will have a better facilities than the Braves have.

That being said, can we not tap into this market if there is all this money seemingly out there. 🤔

44 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

There's a big difference between having to tick all the Bronze boxes by 31 March and being given up to another year to sort it out, as originally promised.

I think with the money they have raised from their investors I think they will have a good chance of getting things in place if they are still in the hunt.

Rumour that the Braves have asked permission to move our game with them on the 14th December to the Yankee Stadium in New York to allow some US supporters to see them in the flesh and boost the profile of the Park's Motor Group Lowland League worldwide. The MLS and MLB are finished by then.

Won't happen though. We would need a few weeks off to hitch a free ride on a ship to get there and back.

Could have been handy for Christmas shopping though 😁.

I quite enjoyed my last trip to Bothwellhaugh, after I had finished my hot dog (hold the mayo), I had some candy floss, I then enjoyed the pre match rodeo, and then settled down for the soccer ball. At half time I had a corn dog while watching the cheerleading display. 

I did hear that they are applying for permission to become a polling station for the upcoming Presidential election.

The idea of that cage getting bronze licenced via a couple hollowed out containers with seats bolted in is enough to give any proper fan the boak. As nomadic as 'Broomhill' have been at least they've used the resources they have access to, to play at actual grounds with actual facilities. 

As for saying it's a good thing you're close to the pitch at their "ground" of course you are because it's basically just a council ball cage. Central Park may be an utterly shite place to watch football (I'm sure cowden fans agree and don't particularly being stuck there) but it's once again got actual facilities. 

The LL isn't going to be taken seriously and shouldn't be until the following issues get sorted in order of priority.

1) proper relegation promotion with at least one club guaranteed to go down regardless of the club 42 situation.

2) Dealing with the farce that is Caley Braves.

3) Getting the B teams to absolute feck.

3 minutes ago, bigwullieac said:

The idea of that cage getting bronze licenced via a couple hollowed out containers with seats bolted in is enough to give any proper fan the boak. As nomadic as 'Broomhill' have been at least they've used the resources they have access to, to play at actual grounds with actual facilities. 

As for saying it's a good thing you're close to the pitch at their "ground" of course you are because it's basically just a council ball cage. Central Park may be an utterly shite place to watch football (I'm sure cowden fans agree and don't particularly being stuck there) but it's once again got actual facilities. 

The LL isn't going to be taken seriously and shouldn't be until the following issues get sorted in order of priority.

1) proper relegation promotion with at least one club guaranteed to go down regardless of the club 42 situation.

2) Dealing with the farce that is Caley Braves.

3) Getting the B teams to absolute feck.

For me Alliance Park and Christie Gillies Park are the worse in the LL. 

Poor location for AP. The stands arn't too mad its the location if they had really wanted to build up a support in Lanarkshire they should have gone to either Bellshill or Motherwell not the country park in between.

CGP don't know how they get away with the dressing rooms being in a different post code from the actual ground.

26 minutes ago, cowdenbeath said:

CGP don't know how they get away with the dressing rooms being in a different post code from the actual ground.

I would usually stick up for CCS but I can't help thinking of when East Stirlingshire (I'm sure it was them) were screwed out of upgrading Little Kerse as the changing rooms were too far from the pitch. Seems they just make the rules up as they go along

41 minutes ago, Spyro said:

I would usually stick up for CCS but I can't help thinking of when East Stirlingshire (I'm sure it was them) were screwed out of upgrading Little Kerse as the changing rooms were too far from the pitch. Seems they just make the rules up as they go along

Nothing against the Strollers just seems strange.

11 hours ago, Cowdenleith said:

I’ve seen a couple of bits on their social media in recent months of overseas ‘investors’ coming over to watch a game and have a look at the set up. I really hope their expectations were low. 😬

I regretted bothering with the 30 minute journey to go and watch a game at their 5’s cage last season, can only imagine the reaction of coming all the way from the U.S. 🤣

Edited by Clyde01

33 minutes ago, cowdenbeath said:

Nothing against the Strollers just seems strange.

I agree with you. Strollers are a class wee team but if they are using the old clubhouse with the new park (they were still playing at the old pitch last time I was there), it's a proper trek and surprising it has been allowed considering other team have been rejected for similar plans.