Lowland League General Discussion

FairWeatherFan

1 hour ago, bigwullieac said:

The idea of that cage getting bronze licenced via a couple hollowed out containers with seats bolted in is enough to give any proper fan the boak. As nomadic as 'Broomhill' have been at least they've used the resources they have access to, to play at actual grounds with actual facilities. 

2) Dealing with the farce that is Caley Braves.

Not one for sticking up for Braves but least they played their way into the LL though moving a good few miles up the M74 to a shit set up is so like Broomhill.  

Who knows both may not be in the league next season. 

13 hours ago, Grandmas Enigma said:

Both clubs get a lot of flak on this forum for a variety of reasons that in my opinion don't matter (see original post) and some of it might not even be true.

Both clubs are a complete farce and along with b-teams make it very hard to take the Lowland League seriously.

Caledonian Braves have a honking name, a 5’s park as a home and a history of conning cash from French Students and latterly dumbass Americans. They bring absolutely nothing to Scottish football.

Broomhill Globetrotters are just as bad, what is their purpose for existing?

I feel sorry for the proper clubs both relegated and promoted into this shit show of a league. If broomhill, braves and the b-teams all disappeared to be replaced by 4 more proper teams from the WoS or EoS it would be a massive improvement.

1 minute ago, Spyro said:

I agree with you. Strollers are a class wee team but if they are using the old clubhouse with the new park (they were still playing at the old pitch last time I was there), it's a proper trek and surprising it has been allowed considering other team have been rejected for similar plans. 

You pass the bowling green on the way out to the park. That just defeats all the criteria but they got/get away wi it. 

8 hours ago, GordonS said:

How many do those shipping container-style standing terrace units at Cove Rangers hold? 100 each? I'm sure they could use a tiny portion of their £2million and buy 4 of those. 

Looking at the state of their 3g they'll need a new one of them as well, it's an abolute state and is the type of 3g that gets them a bad name. No way is it looked after.

1 hour ago, Clyde01 said:

Both clubs are a complete farce and along with b-teams make it very hard to take the Lowland League seriously.

Caledonian Braves have a honking name, a 5’s park as a home and a history of conning cash from French Students and latterly dumbass Americans. They bring absolutely nothing to Scottish football.

I feel sorry for the proper clubs both relegated and promoted into this shit show of a league. If broomhill, braves and the b-teams all disappeared to be replaced by 4 more proper teams from the WoS or EoS it would be a massive improvement.

They both sound like money laundering operations.  Any investor serious about actually achieving success with a football club would take over an existing club, where there is already an established fanbase and an element of authenticity.  

16 minutes ago, energyzone said:

They both sound like money laundering operations.  Any investor serious about actually achieving success with a football club would take over an existing club, where there is already an established fanbase and an element of authenticity.  

They should invest in selling honking chicken. Oh wait,been done

10 hours ago, Clyde01 said:

What an ignorant snobby post. Wtf are proper clubs?! I get different people might not like the way every team does it's business. But why do you and others care so much about a league that going by your name you're not even in? The lowland league definitely has a weird mixture of clubs with different histories, pitches and teams. Who all contribute to a good product on the field. It certainly has it's failings which we'd mostly all agree but what league doesn't. It's a great league to watch (if you're interested in football) and competitive at both ends of the table. There are a huge amount of volunteers, committee members, coaches and players working hard to improve it.

I just don't get the constant moaning about the league especially when so many people are trying to make it better. Might not be as quick as we would like but it's taken a hundred years to get a pyramid. So it's not going to be perfect in 10 years.

37 minutes ago, Grandmas Enigma said:

What an ignorant snobby post. Wtf are proper clubs?! I get different people might not like the way every team does it's business. But why do you and others care so much about a league that going by your name you're not even in? The lowland league definitely has a weird mixture of clubs with different histories, pitches and teams. Who all contribute to a good product on the field. It certainly has it's failings which we'd mostly all agree but what league doesn't. It's a great league to watch (if you're interested in football) and competitive at both ends of the table. There are a huge amount of volunteers, committee members, coaches and players working hard to improve it.

I just don't get the constant moaning about the league especially when so many people are trying to make it better. Might not be as quick as we would like but it's taken a hundred years to get a pyramid. So it's not going to be perfect in 10 years.

Too much common sense in this post, will never catch on. 😃😃

1 hour ago, Grandmas Enigma said:

I’ve watched plenty of Lowland league games over the last few years and my own club are doing their best to get there sooner or later (which gives me the absolute fear). 

You haven’t answered my question though on what purpose does the existence of Broomhill or Caledonian Braves actually serve? Neither have any fans, any community, any proper facilities, any history. They are just pop up clubs serving the ego of one or two mentalists. If Caledonian Braves get into the SPFL it would be an absolute disaster.

The lowland league is improving slowly year on year but these 2 diddies and b-teams bring no credibility at all.

2 minutes ago, Clyde01 said:

I’ve watched plenty of Lowland league games over the last few years and my own club are doing their best to get there sooner or later (which gives me the absolute fear). 

You haven’t answered my question though on what purpose does the existence of Broomhill or Caledonian Braves actually serve? Neither have any fans, any community, any proper facilities, any history. They are just pop up clubs serving the ego of one or two mentalists. If Caledonian Braves get into the SPFL it would be an absolute disaster.

The lowland league is improving slowly year on year but these 2 diddies and b-teams bring no credibility at all.

Another ignorant and snobby post. Broomhill and braves serve the goals and desires of all those who are involved in their clubs. Staff, volunteers, coaches,  players, parents, relatives fans. They might not have a lot of fans but the oldest of these two clubs is 10 years old! The other is 5. Let them grow and develop. It's guaranteed they have more fans and followers now than since they first started. And over the next few decades why can't that increase? If they are in the same place in 50 years you might have a point. But otherwise use some sense and allow them to grow.

All the so called 'proper' clubs would have been relatively similar in the initial stages of their development. It's dinosaur attitudes like yours that hold Scottish football back. New clubs will come and go so will old clubs. It drives the evolution of football. Why slate teams / people because they are trying something different?

9 minutes ago, Clyde01 said:

Your point on competitiveness is also only really applicable this season for the first time as there isn’t someone completely marooned at the bottom or running away at the top. 

So my point on competitiveness shows that the league is developing and getting stronger over time. What a surprise!

13 minutes ago, Grandmas Enigma said:

Another ignorant and snobby post. Broomhill and braves serve the goals and desires of all those who are involved in their clubs. Staff, volunteers, coaches,  players, parents, relatives fans. They might not have a lot of fans but the oldest of these two clubs is 10 years old! The other is 5. Let them grow and develop. It's guaranteed they have more fans and followers now than since they first started. And over the next few decades why can't that increase? If they are in the same place in 50 years you might have a point. But otherwise use some sense and allow them to grow.

All the so called 'proper' clubs would have been relatively similar in the initial stages of their development. It's dinosaur attitudes like yours that hold Scottish football back. New clubs will come and go so will old clubs. It drives the evolution of football. Why slate teams / people because they are trying something different?

The one thing Scotland is really short of is football clubs, the more new starts the better, whether they have their own permanent grounds or not.

19 hours ago, cowdenbeath said:

For me Alliance Park and Christie Gillies Park are the worse in the LL. 

CGP don't know how they get away with the dressing rooms being in a different post code from the actual ground.

Strollers never gets criticised so you've broken a taboo there, but I think it's one of the worst grounds in the pyramid. The distance between the changing rooms and the pitch is one thing - a few weeks ago we had to walk right through the Linlithgow Rose players and the officials as they waited for their changing rooms to be unlocked after the game - but there are plenty of other things wrong with it.

They've recently put in a disabled viewing area; it's a good 20-30 yards behind the goal-line, with no elevation, and people standing at the rail blocking their view. It's dreadful. I can't imagine what they were thinking.

You can only stand along three-quarters of the length of the touchlines, which isn't enough, and it's reduced further by a large area blocked off for the team benches and the camera scaffold on one side and the "stand" on the other. As there's no terracing or banking you can only be one deep at the rail, so there are very few decent standing places.

The stand has no elevation, is two rows of shaky seats with no legroom between them, is bizarrely far back from the touchline and has its view blocked by people standing either side.

And something that maybe irrationally annoys me at football grounds - the rail is too low to lean on unless you've very short.

They have a good clubhouse and they're a welcoming group of people who always put a good team on the park, I just wish they had a ground to match. 

Edited by GordonS