Lowland League General Discussion

FairWeatherFan

On 17/08/2023 at 12:20, Cowdenleith said:

I’ve given it another listen, but not convinced you guys are watching games you go to.

I appreciate the comments were made with maroon tinted specs so fair enough, but to say there ‘wasn’t much between the teams’ at the Hearts B v Cowden game last Friday was hilarious.

Did you miss the first 30 minutes of the game when we could have been 3 or 4 up but for a wonderful performance from your keeper, which continued in the second half with another string of saves.  Only chances I remember for Hearts were the goal and one right near full time.

Also ‘worst game of the season’. Why, because you lost?   

And don’t forget the obligatory dig at the Cowden fans, same as the last episode.

Just left them a 5 star review

5 minutes ago, berwick-the-unbeatable said:

Just left them a 5 star review

Ha ha, nice one 😀

I’m waiting on this week’s mention of the 7 breakaway goals we scored against the Uni, in an otherwise even game. 🤔

Seriously, it’s a no bad listen ignoring one or two things, anyone making effort to chat about the LL is appreciated.

1 hour ago, lowenan said:

As expected, looking like the soldiers of love at £ast £ilbride are the team to beat but I wish Kennedy would stop all the pish about the expansive football they play. Surely it’s for others to comment on their style rather than self promotion by the manager. 

57 minutes ago, Brazilianlex said:

As expected, looking like the soldiers of love at £ast £ilbride are the team to beat but I wish Kennedy would stop all the pish about the expansive football they play. Surely it’s for others to comment on their style rather than self promotion by the manager. 

That's possibly the case for most people that aren't Mick Kennedy...

Been encouraged by the number of posts about games being so good to watch. Backs up what I have seen, the standard is absolutely improving. Much more possession,  passing ,pressing instead of hoof ball ( EK murder for that last season) .With a price below £10 and less for concessions,  best value around.

Speaking to folk at L2 and above, seems we are enjoying an excellent,  value for money product that can only improve the standing of our league. 

35 minutes ago, Deanburn Dave said:

Ekok makes a good point. The product is excellent.  Most teams know there's no danger of relegation so they are trying to play Fitbaw.   Healthy rivalry between the clubs and playing teams twice a season as opposed to 4 keeps things fresh. 

Mon the Lowland Leaguers !!!

Well this might just be a first Dave, you’re spot on!

Happy to finally see the Rose as part of it and it’s exciting thinking who the next 5 or 6 promotions/relegations bring as they’ll all be as competitive as the teams we have already. Going to be some league in 4 or 5 years!

There's two clubs left who are clearly not upto it and probably never will be such has been the upturn in quality.

Replace them with a couple from the West such as Pollok/Clydebank/Talbot/Beith and all of a sudden the likes of GFR, Braves and ES are looking at each other to see who's next for the drop.