First Divison 22/23

4 hours ago, Johnny Sox said:

Dillon chucked it at Ladeside.

Work has taken him down south during the week and therefore not making training, can,t commit to the job so therefore stepped down, nothing sinister I,m afraid, will take team on Saturday.

No harm to the Bens, genuinely pleased for them but it’s been a weird league.

we drew 2-2 away to the Bens and we battered them, missing a late penalty to potentially win the game.

they come to Johnstone and our keeper Glen Cameron who’s been fantastic, gets injured in the first minute. Reserve keeper Lee Kilbride, who has patiently bided his time and turns up dutifully every week, gets stuck in work and we have to play an injured centre half in goals.( BTW Young Lee has been great since) Anyway, we go 1-0 up but lose 2 goals that a normal keeper would have kept out.

but it’s been a league of what ifs. We have taken 1 point out of 6 against a struggling Cumbernauld and lost twice to SBA, who on both showings against the Burgh, you’d think they were going for promotion! Then again we robbed Whitletts and Bonnyton at home!

Will be the same next year with Buffs looking to go back up, Peasie will always be thereabouts and I think Renfrew will challenge as I believe they were only where they were due to the quirks of last seasons conferences. 

Ashfield? Spending money but I worry about the short termism of that and their ground situation as aside from Rossvale, they’re probably now the poorest supported Glasgow club 

Best sides I’ve seen this season? Gartcairn - hammered Burgh 1-0 hit should’ve been more despite Burgh having chances too 

St Cadocs in the first half of their 3-0 home victory were a level above Burgh that night at tinto

See out the season and do it all again next year!

1 minute ago, PossilYM said:

Neilston 3 St Cadoc's 3

St Cadocs were 3.1 up as well

Glencairn        24     with  52 pts
St Cadocs       26     with  51 pts
Benburb          26     with  49 pts
Drumchapel   24     with  42 pts

Drumchapel still to play Gartcairn and St Cadocs
Benburb still to play Gartcairn

And all 4 teams other matches fairly tough.  Continuing to be an exiting finish

1 hour ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

St Cadocs were 3.1 up as well

Glencairn        24     with  52 pts
St Cadocs       26     with  51 pts
Benburb          26     with  49 pts
Drumchapel   24     with  42 pts

I wish. 🙄

Looking at for Bonnyton as others catch up games.

Need something against RG next week I feel.

Have soft spot for Bonnyton, when visiting always found them to be a friendly and helpful bunch behind the scenes. Wish them all the best in next few weeks.

On 06/05/2023 at 17:43, Happy Chappy said:

Rumour vill going wild big story management change happening at St Cadocs anyone know if true or not 

Would be interesting to hear what has gone on at St Cadocs given their league position and only 4 games left 

5 hours ago, Johnny Sox said:

Has done well, won't be out the game long unless it been a serious disciplinary  matter.

Needs a big budget not many teams out there with big budgets anyone know what is happening to Palmer and co 😳

Edited by Happy Chappy