Tonight's third division results

Dalry Thistle 4-0 Newmains United

Kello Rovers 1-1 Bellshill Athletic

Larkhall Thistle 2-1 Finnart

Lesmahagow Juniors 3-0 Irvine Victoria

Royal Albert 3-3 Saltcoats Victoria

Vale of Clyde 2-1 Lanark United

Vale of Leven 1-2 Ardrossan Winton Rovers

Lugar relegated tonight and now join, Carluke Rovers, Newmains United, Royal Albert and Saltcoats Victoria

Only one more team to be relegated and EK Thistle defiantly look favorites
But can still get out of it, so still in the relegation mix are Dalry Thistle, Vale of Leven, Finnart and Girvan

3 hours ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

Tonight's third division results

Dalry Thistle 4-0 Newmains United

Kello Rovers 1-1 Bellshill Athletic

Larkhall Thistle 2-1 Finnart

Lesmahagow Juniors 3-0 Irvine Victoria

Royal Albert 3-3 Saltcoats Victoria

Vale of Clyde 2-1 Lanark United

Vale of Leven 1-2 Ardrossan Winton Rovers

Lugar relegated tonight and now join, Carluke Rovers, Newmains United, Royal Albert and Saltcoats Victoria

Only one more team to be relegated and EK Thistle defiantly look favorites
But can still get out of it, so still in the relegation mix are Dalry Thistle, Vale of Leven, Finnart and Girvan

Well,... it is that time of the season Franco...maybe you did mean to write "defiantly" rather than another word which would make more sense ?

I know you mean well (and I'm really not having a go), but sometimes your posts are hard work and folk need an interpreter. Once I'd worked it out...yup, you are probably correct. 😎

5 hours ago, Black Pennel said:

P.S. The third & fourth divisions are both going to be great fun next season, don't you think ?

Couldn't agree more.

This will be the first season with a full and proper promotion/relegation throughout the divisions.

So next season is intriguing.

Div4: how will the 6 drop-downee's fare against the new clubs who have now all had a full season to adjust to their new surroundings.

Div3: how will the 3 react and be received. 3 very different clubs. A well established, well setup one; a reasonably funded one with some good experience in the ranks; and the inxperienced one both on the pitch and off.

Something I'm anticipating reactions to is the visits to the numerous infamous cages in play and feedback on what the experience is like for the traditionalists.

51 minutes ago, lokforever said:

Great coverage as always.

Earlier in season I asked if you could get to and advertise some Div 4 matches.

You have let me down. 😏

Only joking of course.

Maybe next season as would be good to see some of the matches between the new and the old. 

4 hours ago, HorseyGhirl said:

Luddite. 🤣🤣🤣🤣

I preferred your original label of traditionalist. I drive many miles to watch games at 'traditional' venues when Lanark are not playing and have literally driven past cages en route.

1 hour ago, bc57 said:

I preferred your original label of traditionalist. I drive many miles to watch games at 'traditional' venues when Lanark are not playing and have literally driven past cages en route.

I apologise profusely. The luddite term was aimed solely at my fellow Pollokian. But I see how it can be viewed as an attack on all you loathsome cage haters. 😁

As a youth coach for a number of years I think I have become immune to their deficiencies. 

I have witnessed some excellent matches within their confines. Hopefully you can get past your phobia one day, and visit one of the many fine examples we have throughout the West leagues.

Was that response diplomatic enough. Ignoring the loathsome part of course. 😁😁😁

3 minutes ago, HorseyGhirl said:

loathsome cage haters. 😁

Of course that should be traditionalists, bloody predictive text never likes it. 😂

So if Lanark don't get promoted you won't experience the delights of the Hub and the Sportsfield.

Expect to see you down here at Meadow Park of course. If you haven't  been you will love it, as a traditionalist.😉

It's not far from Lanark, my daughter competes at Stammore Equestrian regularly so no excuses about it being to far to CD my friend.

2 hours ago, HorseyGhirl said:

Of course that should be traditionalists, bloody predictive text never likes it. 😂

So if Lanark don't get promoted you won't experience the delights of the Hub and the Sportsfield.

Expect to see you down here at Meadow Park of course. If you haven't  been you will love it, as a traditionalist.😉

It's not far from Lanark, my daughter competes at Stammore Equestrian regularly so no excuses about it being to far to CD my friend.

I have a long enough memory to say we played there on a glorious day when we were up in the old First Division.  I do go, when Lanark have a game. Fortunately holidays coincided with our away trips to Carluke and Finnart this season but did get to Bonnyton, which I enjoyed the most as the spectator is on a raised terrace. and enjoyed a 1-7 victory at Port Glasgow.

Drumchapel was my worst experience last season. Awful place to watch a game.

1 hour ago, bc57 said:

I have a long enough memory to say we played there on a glorious day when we were up in the old First Division.  I do go, when Lanark have a game. Fortunately holidays coincided with our away trips to Carluke and Finnart this season but did get to Bonnyton, which I enjoyed the most as the spectator is on a raised terrace. and enjoyed a 1-7 victory at Port Glasgow.

Drumchapel was my worst experience last season. Awful place to watch a game.

I must have built up an immunity to my surroundings. Bonnyton is a shining example of what a cage can be and is a credit to all at the club.

Been to Stepford, Inverkeithing, Huntershill Hub, Kilsyth Sportsfield, Ferguslie Park and honestly don't really take in my surroundings. Just focus on the game.

As long as I can see the pitch without any obstructions I'm happy. I must be easy to please.

I think a number of visiting fans will enjoy a day out in CD at Meadow Park. There is a covered terrace on one side with a seated stand on the other. The social club is situated behind one off the goals and is open before and after the game for refreshments. Next to it is the pie-hut. Toilets are easily accessible. It will be a good addition to any away fans days to look forward to.

Gow 5 Vale of Leven 0

Good competent display from the Gow, 3 up at half time. Finished it off in second half with a couple of goals, could have been more. Vale down to ten men in closing stages.

The Gow weren't troubled too much at the back.

Good team performance but Kieran Maguire upfront was immense once again