The Queen of the South thread

Were you at the game today? Brownlie was excellent and comfortably our best defender despite the bizarre decision to award Dowie MotM.

Really? Brownlie did ok but I would have given Dowie MOM ahead of him quite comfortably.

My observations from today.

With Oliver's pace and trickery to me he looks a better winger wide right. He caused Lee Wallace so many problems and had shown really well when running at players. Not sure where he was playing to be honest tofay but he wasn't hugging the touch line.

Lyle scored last week and end up on the bench? Come on.

Harris blistering pace down on the other wing and great performances recently get rewarded with a place one the bench.. Don't get it.

Murdoch is a massive threat coming from right back. He can combine with Oliver with his vision and passing ability. He can see more of the game than in midfield. Reminds me of the situation with Paton years ago where he was best at right back rather than midfield.

Having 2 pacey trickey wingers is a huge asset. Why not employ them and take the game to the opposition. Let them worry about us rather than us nullifying their threat.

Bit more luck and we might have won. However I think the manager best himself today not being brave enough.

Russell and Oliver played as wingers. Not quite sure how starting with a front 3 is "not being brave enough"

Brownlie not for me! Let him go but we must find a strong centre half to replace him, Dowie and Higgins are good but not commanding enough.

Get Higgins back in centre with Dowie now till end of season we have lost to many poor goals since he was moved out left.

Mom for me Kyle Hutton the club must get him signed up priority.

Why not stick with a winning formula.

3 up front leaves bid gaps.

If you find where a player is best suited why change?

Which winning formula? We've lost and drawn our last two games.

So 3 up front leaves gaps but that isnt brave enough? Given that Raith scored from 2 set pieces the gaps didnt seem to matter too much.

Which player are you talking about? 

Brownlie not for me! Let him go but we must find a strong centre half to replace him, Dowie and Higgins are good but not commanding enough.

Get Higgins back in centre with Dowie now till end of season we have lost to many poor goals since he was moved out left.

Mom for me Kyle Hutton the club must get him signed up priority.

Who plays left back then?

Agree on Hutton, I think its safe to assume he would have got MoM if he hadnt gone off injured. 

Oliver great skill with the ball at his feet. He had great potential as a winger. He skinned Lee Wallace when he came on against rangers. Strachan considers Wallace as a Scotland cap.

Harris needs to start on the wing. He has so much pace.

Those two in the correct position will prove to be a massive bonus as we saw against Dumbarton.

Also as I said earlier Murdoch had been a real attacking threat at right back. He adds so much going forward.

Hilson, Hutton and Tapping should all be signed up for next season, as should Dowie, Higgins, Lyle and Russell. I think Conroy will depart and unsure whether to give Brownlie more time or not.

Oliver great skill with the ball at his feet. He had great potential as a winger. He skinned Lee Wallace when he came on against rangers. Strachan considers Wallace as a Scotland cap.

Harris needs to start on the wing. He has so much pace.

Those two in the correct position will prove to be a massive bonus as we saw against Dumbarton.

Also as I said earlier Murdoch had been a real attacking threat at right back. He adds so much going forward.

Oliver started on the wing today.

Murdoch has looked no better at right back than Kidd

Really? Brownlie did ok but I would have given Dowie MOM ahead of him quite comfortably.

Russell and Oliver played as wingers. Not quite sure how starting with a front 3 is "not being brave enough"

I'd like to see it again because the whole thing was a mess but was it not a poor Dowie header that set Barr up for his goal? At the time I thought Brownlie was in a better position to header it than Dowie who couldn't put any power on the clearance from the angle he was at. Given the location of the ball and the lack of Raith at attackers though I think it should have been Thomson's ball all day.

I'd like to see it again because the whole thing was a mess but was it not a poor Dowie header that set Barr up for his goal? At the time I thought Brownlie was in a better position to header it than Dowie who couldn't put any power on the clearance from the angle he was at. Given the location of the ball and the lack of Raith at attackers though I think it should have been Thomson's ball all day.

It was Dowie's header. I would need to see it again to tell whether someone else was better placed to deal with it. We didnt get out to Barr quickly enough once it dropped to him either.

I thought Brownlie was our best defender on the day. I would have given MoM to either Tapping or Hutton though.

It was Dowie's header. I would need to see it again to tell whether someone else was better placed to deal with it. We didnt get out to Barr quickly enough once it dropped to him either.

I thought Brownlie was our best defender on the day. I would have given MoM to either Tapping or Hutton though.

I too would have given it to one of them. Although neither finished the game. Not that that is a prerequisite. I probably wouldn't be inclined to give it to a defender either when we have conceded two daft goals.

I just thought it was worth pointing out that Brownlie had a good game to help dispel the myth that he's a constant bombscare. He was very commanding in the air and dealt with all he had to on the deck as well.

I know a Rovers fan got butt hurt about it earlier but I have to agree. Falkirk probably have better individual players with Baird and Miller a threat up tops and Kerr a classy midfield players. But I was very impressed with how Raith played as a unit. For all that Falkirk probably threatened us more, I think Rovers looked a far more organised unit today and if they produced that against a faltering Hibs side there's no reason why they can't go past them.

We are definitely lacking that coherence of a "team unit" but that will come assuming the same group is kept together next year.

The results are facts. The reasons for them are opinions. You have yours, I have mine.

But he did start with the facts and stuck with ones about points per quarter, throughout the post.

Only at the very end, did he reach a tentative opinion, which in my view, the facts thoroughly support.

But he did start with the facts and stuck with ones about points per quarter, throughout the post.Only at the very end, did he reach a tentative opinion, which in my view, the facts thoroughly support.

To paraphrase you from another thread, well yes. I am aware of that seeing as I have the ability to read. And you have made your views clear already. I dont agree with you or him though and opinion is still opinion whether tentative, backed by you and at the back end of a post or not.

Guest Flash

The results are facts. The reasons for them are opinions. You have yours, I have mine.

I said it is best to start with the facts. I didn't say my entire post was going to be only facts.

So, what exactly is your point?

To paraphrase you from another thread, well yes. I am aware of that seeing as I have the ability to read. And you have made your views clear already. I dont agree with you or him though and opinion is still opinion whether tentative, backed by you and at the back end of a post or not.

But he said he'd start with facts, then provided some.

I don't know why that's something you picked up on.

I said it is best to start with the facts. I didn't say my entire post was going to be only facts.

So, what exactly is your point?

You also said your opinion could not be seriously argued ergo dismissing any potential difference of opinion as being simply wrong.

But he said he'd start with facts, then provided some. I don't know why that's something you picked up on.

It was said very much in a way that implied I was ignoring facts and the facts led to a very different conclusion that cannot be "seriously argued". Combined with your insulting "apologists" remark I felt the need to point out again that you two holding an opinion doesn't actually make it beyond question whether you think it can be seriously argued or not. In fairness to Flash my reading of his post was probably skewed by your response to it more than what he actually posted.